*****The Official Rangers v Liverpool Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

4 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Do the players actually post these things or is it their PR/social media team?

They will have someone managing their social media. A better question would be why does anyone even care what they put up on Instagram? Put your phones down and go for a wee walk if a picture annoys you that much. 

6 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

They will have someone managing their social media. A better question would be why does anyone even care what they put up on Instagram? Put your phones down and go for a wee walk if a picture annoys you that much. 

I think it’s just the lack or awareness or respect that’s shown to the fans. 

46 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Cunt laughing. Wanker! 

He's smiling not laughing.

Ryan Jack has given 100% for us for 5 years

We are a better team when he is fit and playing but sadly injuries look set to see him leave at the end of the season and he will be both gutted and frustrated that he can't beat the injuries

Looks to me like a photo placed on social media by Forbes rather than RJ

Seeing him called a prick and a wanker is embarrassing 

We had a horrendous result on the back of a horrendous last half hour and we're all hurting but some of the shite spouted by some on here is fucking ridiculous  

32 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Imagine giving a fuck about that picture :lol:

You’re not daft, so surely you see any uproar is about the general ‘not giving a fuck’ attitude rather than the picture itself?

Can add it into senior staff in the Liverpool end, shirt swapping after a pumping, selfies and smiling after losing, out for dinner after OF skelping etc etc. 

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You’re not daft, so surely you see any uproar is about the general ‘not giving a fuck’ attitude rather than the picture itself?

Can add it into senior staff in the Liverpool end, shirt swapping after a pumping, selfies and smiling after losing, out for dinner after OF skelping etc etc. 

I stopped caring about shite like this a long time ago mate. Footballers have no emotional attachment to their clubs for the most part anymore, so none of it is surprising and wouldn’t waste my time getting wound up about it 

Glasgow Rangers were pumped 7-1 at Ibrox in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday night, and Giovanni van Bronckhorst may need to ring the changes to spark some life back into the Gers.

It was a bright start by the hosts, with Scott Arfield scoring the opener, but it all went downhill from there, with Mo Salah scoring three of Liverpool’s seven goals in a second half demolition job by the Premier League visitors.

With a tricky away tie at Motherwell to navigate on the return to domestic duties this weekend, the manager will surely rotate some of the worst performers from Wednesday night as they bid to keep pace with Celtic.

With that in mind, we’ve used statistical experts SofaScore to analyse who the three worst outfield performers were for van Bronckhorst’s side (to have played at least 45 minutes) – could these men be fearing for their places ahead of the trip to Fir Park this weekend?

John Lundstram

Sharing the second-lowest match rating on the pitch with Borna Barisic (5.9), Lundstram really struggled in the midfield battle.

The former Sheffield United ace lost out on eight of his ten individual duels, and failed to record any tackles, instead committing three fouls in total, the most of any player on the pitch.

He was also guilty of giving the ball away 17 times, with his lack of quality in possession making it almost impossible for the hosts to spring effective counter attacks.

Borna Barisic

Barisic was given the same rating as Lundstram and endured a torrid time at left-back, coming up against hat-trick hero Salah in the second half.

As good of a player as the Egyptian is, Barisic and Ben Davies left simply far too much space, as the Croatia international made no clearances or interceptions and just one tackle in the entire game.

Going forward, he was just as disappointing, having recorded zero dribbles or key passes, giving possession away on 12 occasions.

Ben Davies

Statistically, Davies was rated as the Gers’ worst performer with a mere 5.5 overall rating.

The central defender could not cope with the pace and movement of the attackers from his old club, as he recorded no interceptions or tackles, and lost the ball a whopping 19 times in total, the most of any outfield Light Blues player.

It was a night to forget for Davies and his team-mates, and it will be interesting to see who drops out when the Gers make their way down the road to Lanarkshire this weekend.

https://www.sofascore.com/liverpool-rangers/UsbX

2 hours ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

I think Roofe and Hagi are the only ones with managed accounts

24 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Glasgow Rangers were pumped 7-1 at Ibrox in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday night, and Giovanni van Bronckhorst may need to ring the changes to spark some life back into the Gers.

It was a bright start by the hosts, with Scott Arfield scoring the opener, but it all went downhill from there, with Mo Salah scoring three of Liverpool’s seven goals in a second half demolition job by the Premier League visitors.

With a tricky away tie at Motherwell to navigate on the return to domestic duties this weekend, the manager will surely rotate some of the worst performers from Wednesday night as they bid to keep pace with celtic.

With that in mind, we’ve used statistical experts SofaScore to analyse who the three worst outfield performers were for van Bronckhorst’s side (to have played at least 45 minutes) – could these men be fearing for their places ahead of the trip to Fir Park this weekend?

John Lundstram

Sharing the second-lowest match rating on the pitch with Borna Barisic (5.9), Lundstram really struggled in the midfield battle.

The former Sheffield United ace lost out on eight of his ten individual duels, and failed to record any tackles, instead committing three fouls in total, the most of any player on the pitch.

He was also guilty of giving the ball away 17 times, with his lack of quality in possession making it almost impossible for the hosts to spring effective counter attacks.

Borna Barisic

Barisic was given the same rating as Lundstram and endured a torrid time at left-back, coming up against hat-trick hero Salah in the second half.

As good of a player as the Egyptian is, Barisic and Ben Davies left simply far too much space, as the Croatia international made no clearances or interceptions and just one tackle in the entire game.

Going forward, he was just as disappointing, having recorded zero dribbles or key passes, giving possession away on 12 occasions.

Ben Davies

Statistically, Davies was rated as the Gers’ worst performer with a mere 5.5 overall rating.

The central defender could not cope with the pace and movement of the attackers from his old club, as he recorded no interceptions or tackles, and lost the ball a whopping 19 times in total, the most of any outfield Light Blues player.

It was a night to forget for Davies and his team-mates, and it will be interesting to see who drops out when the Gers make their way down the road to Lanarkshire this weekend.

https://www.sofascore.com/liverpool-Rangers/UsbX

So between those 3 they gave the ball away nearly 50 times & made 1 tackle...that's fucking nuts when you see it like that :lol:

1 hour ago, the cry was no said:

We are a better team when he is fit and playing but sadly injuries look set to see him leave at the end of the season and he will be both gutted and frustrated that he can't beat the injuries

We had a horrendous result on the back of a horrendous last half hour and we're all hurting but some of the shite spouted by some on here is fucking ridiculous  

He’s spent half that time out injured

1 hour ago, the cry was no said:

You’re right mate, but at least we can see what a 3 match package for Champions league money will get you. All those fans I feel for and Jack gets a nice pair of troosers. You’re fucking right we’re hurting. 

In the cold light of day our starting midfield three cost the square root of fuck all, money talks at this level and the board have neglected the engine room of this team for years, when you think we've got a 5 million 2nd choice left back on the bench who can't get a starting slot, it lays bare the sheer incompetence of Wilson and others, not selling players at the right time will haunt us and with so many players due to leave this summer we must change our whole outlook on player recruitment, it doesn't bare thinking about if we don't.

My final comment on Wednesdays match is that. I gave my ticket away to my pals (he sits beside me)  son because I couldn't make the game. I did watch it on TV.

My wife gets annoyed with my shouting at the TV when he Gers are playing poorly. Second half was stratospheric volume of expletives. Surprised if half the start didn't hear me.

I genuinely didn't think the complete implosion in the second half was possible. I enjoyed it first half and couldn't wait for the second half to start. 

Either the players shat it or Gio told them to sit back and play themselves into the match. Either is scary.

Something has to change. Manager or players.

I think it's the players.