Lundstram

On first arrival I thought we’d made another shite signing. He was dreadful to start with. Remember Malmö? He then turned things around and became the first name on my team sheet. He had everything, fight, energy, great range of passing and was a threat from outside the box plus he seemed to drive us on. Where has he gone? I thought he was awful tonight and it’s not the first time I’ve thought that this season. Even in the first half when we played well he was being carried. He was all over the place at times. 

We should be building on Lowry, McCann and Tillman but, instead, we’re relying on Jack (injured again), 33 year old Arfield and 37 year old Davis because, as far as I can see, Kamara and Lundstram have chucked it,

Midfield is all over the place. I expect Sands in there for next game.

I don't blame or judge any player atm we've got a fraud in our dugout remove him get a real manager and then we can speak about players. 

I wouldn't wanna play for a manager that gets his arsed handed to him twice at parkhead in 7 months after 2 years of dominance 

7 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

We should be building on Lowry, McCann and Tillman but, instead, we’re relying on Jack (injured again), 33 year old Arfield and 37 year old Davis because, as far as I can see, Kamara and Lundstram have chucked it,

Midfield is all over the place. I expect Sands in there for next game.

Not sure I’d too confident in that midfield 3 but I get the sentiment. The whole Sands thing is a strange one too. He seemed to have a hardon for him early season and now he’s completely bombed out…. Oh wait I get it now. He doesn’t having a fucking clue what he’s doing.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Get a grip man.

Fans paying ridiculous amounts of money to watch them, after years of failure and you think it’s alright for them to chuck it because you don’t like the manager :lol: maybe you’ll wake up one day and realise the real problem, and it’s the players

The manager chooses who to sign (I presume) and who to play though.

Either he looked at that squad in the summer and thought it was good enough, in which case he should be sacked for utter incompetence, or the board didn’t let him get the players he wanted, in which case he should walk if he has any self-respect.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Get a grip man.

Fans paying ridiculous amounts of money to watch them, after years of failure and you think it’s alright for them to chuck it because you don’t like the manager :lol: maybe you’ll wake up one day and realise the real problem, and it’s the players

It's not a case of deciding not to try.

When the players lose faith in a manager, it must eat away at their confidence and set in like a form of depression.

The best managers motivate players. Even elite level players. Fergie did it with possibly the best player to ever play the game and many others.

Gio is like the polar opposite.

46 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I don't blame or judge any player atm we've got a fraud in our dugout remove him get a real manager and then we can speak about players. 

I wouldn't wanna play for a manager that gets his arsed handed to him twice at parkhead in 7 months after 2 years of dominance 

2 years of dominance?

We won the league and no other trophy under Gerrard.

Squad imploded after Christmas in every season bar the one we won fs.

They played for him in the first half.

Do you think they went “fuck this cunt” at half time, or do you think it could’ve been our best CB and player tonight having to go off and replaced by an 18 year old?

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s not the first manager they’ve chucked it under, and it won’t be the last.

I agree, but again it goes back to recruitment - the time to rebuild the squad was in the summer, and yet the likes of Davis, Arfield and McGregor got new contracts.

If Gio is fine with all this, then his judgment is so astoundingly poor he needs to go, especially as several players we have signed this summer (bar Lawrence and Davies) have barely featured. If Gio doesn’t have a say in transfers/contracts, then he’s having the utter piss taken out of him and should resign out of principle. Either way, I just can’t see a scenario in which he is able to stay on.

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Get a grip man.

The players who had us top when this fraud took office? The players that had beaten celtic without  our manager, captain. or first or 2nd choice keeper those players? 

GVB hasn't a clue mate you'll realise it when it's to late tho. 

3 minutes ago, The FF Snitch said:

I agree, but again it goes back to recruitment - the time to rebuild the squad was in the summer, and yet the likes of Davis, Arfield and McGregor got new contracts.

If Gio is fine with all this, then his judgment is so astoundingly poor he needs to go, especially as several players we have signed this summer (bar Lawrence and Davies) have barely featured. If Gio doesn’t have a say in transfers/contracts, then he’s having the utter piss taken out of him and should resign out of principle. Either way, I just can’t see a scenario in which he is able to stay on.

Totally agree. The buck stops with the manager. With the exception of maybe Nottingham Forrest I don’t think any club operates on the basis that the club sign the players and the manager just puts up and shuts up. No manager worth anything would agree to that. Don’t get me wrong I think Wilson’s time should be up for many reasons but ultimately the performances and deficiencies in the squad fall at the managers feet.  

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The players who had us top when this fraud took office? The players that had beaten celtic without  our manager, captain. or first or 2nd choice keeper those players? 

GVB hasn't a clue mate you'll realise it when it's to late tho. 

The players who have continually shit the bed ? St Mirren in the 55 season, St Johnstone as well.

The collapses after the winter break under Gerrard, the total collapse under GVB.

There is one common denominator in all of this and it sadly isn't the management.

2 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

The players who have continually shit the bed ? St Mirren in the 55 season, St Johnstone as well.

The collapses after the winter break under Gerrard, the total collapse under GVB.

There is one common denominator in all of this and it sadly isn't the management.

Again the team that was top when the fraud walked in? If it wasn't for the Europa league he should've been sacked in the summer mate. 

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Again the team that was top when the fraud walked in? If it wasn't for the Europa league he should've been sacked in the summer mate. 

The wheels were coming off well before Gio came in, only reason we were top when he came in was because they had there worst start in decades.

4 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

On first arrival I thought we’d made another shite signing. He was dreadful to start with. Remember Malmö? He then turned things around and became the first name on my team sheet. He had everything, fight, energy, great range of passing and was a threat from outside the box plus he seemed to drive us on. Where has he gone? I thought he was awful tonight and it’s not the first time I’ve thought that this season. Even in the first half when we played well he was being carried. He was all over the place at times. 

Lundstram was absolutely woefull at Anfield and chasing shadows tonight, our domestic game is his level.

Just now, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Apart from him being utter shite last night, no problem at all 

He was very good in the first half and no worse than anyone else in the second, so unless you want to make a thread about every player who played the second half jog on.

Lundstram has got so little support in the engine room it's frightening. 

Kamara is awol. Jack OK at times, injured again. Davis done beyond the spl. Arfield does well at times breaking forward but isn't a CM grafter. Others are poor form / injured/ unreliable youngsters.

Over and above that he's often getting pulled into this defensive cover role whilst also expected to run the midfield. It's a shambles.

He's been stinking but there's far more to the cause of it than just his form.

Agree with some posts above about lack of support beside him in midfield. However individually he's living of the second half of last season. His touch is terrible, he looks slow, he's committed fouls all season with players running away from him when he's been caught wrong side and he's giving away stupid fouls in and around our box.

Domestically I don't think he passes the ball forward quick enough to be the deep lying midfielder we need. Compare his passing to that of 55 season Davis. 

Our lack of recruitment in midfield is being shown up most games. Even more so in europe. 

20 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He was very good in the first half and no worse than anyone else in the second, so unless you want to make a thread about every player who played the second half jog on.

He spent the full game trying to get a yellow card or giving the ball away