Ross Wilson

plymouthranger

Writing was on the wall with this guy. His track record pre-Rangers was hardly stellar.

I actually feel like he's signed some decent players this summer but for a club in our position that is half the job. He's clung on to the majority of a squad that has been here too long and apparently just don't have the hunger anymore.

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

Writing was on the wall with this guy. His track record pre-Rangers was hardly stellar.

I actually feel like he's signed some decent players this summer but for a club in our position that is half the job. He's clung on to the majority of a squad that has been here too long and apparently just don't have the hunger anymore.

Weirdly I think he’s done well on raising transfer fees. We got good money for Patterson and Bassey and Aribo we were limited by his release clause. 

But maximising the transfer fees is IMO a 1/3 of the key responsibilities of his job. The other 2/3 are recruitment and moving players out when we need to refresh, he’s failing on both those. 

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

Weirdly I think he’s done well on raising transfer fees. We got good money for Patterson and Bassey and Aribo we were limited by his release clause. 

But maximising the transfer fees is IMO a 1/3 of the key responsibilities of his job. The other 2/3 are recruitment and moving players out when we need to refresh, he’s failing on both those. 

He's fucked any good work by allowing Morelos, Kent and Aribos at the time contracts to run down. Not to mention new deals for Davis and McGregor

Guys a clown shoe

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He's fucked any good work by allowing Morelos, Kent and Aribos at the time contracts to run down. Not to mention new deals for Davis and McGregor

Guys a clown shoe

Agree on most of those, Aribo refused to sign a new deal and even ignored Gerrards pleas to sign, so nobody was turning that around. 

3 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Agree on most of those, Aribo refused to sign a new deal and even ignored Gerrards pleas to sign, so nobody was turning that around. 

Should have been punted earlier then. Mismanagement regardless.

6 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Let’s be fair, any one of us could have negotiated good money for Paterson, Bassey and Aribo. 

Not only does the wee cunt look like Barney Rubble, he’s about as useful as him as Director of a Football. 

Incidentally, Wilson has been exceptionally quiet of late. I can’t recall seeing an interview since he was basking in the glow of Aaron Ramsey’s halo.

Instead of using each transfer window to improve the team, we have got WORSE with each passing window.

The players we sign are not good enough, we also don't move players when we should.

However, the most concerning aspect is that the complete lack of due diligence on who we are signing. We continually sign players who are mentally weak, have no leadership skills and can't handle pressure.

Feels like we've allowed the squad to become bloated on numbers and limited in quality, which just means big wages going out for little return. That combined with player contract situations and it feels like the big fees brought in are being bled away.

Head of football carries the can for this.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Fuck me do people honestly think it’s Wilson’s fault. 
fucking daft to think he never agrees players with the coaching staff before contracting them. 

fuck me folk are dumb

So do you think Gio asked him to get a left sided central defender, Wilson goes to Gio he says I've got the very man he plays right side central with Hearts and is injury prone - Gio says the very man, Gio probably didn't even know who he was, and that's only one example of Wilson's terrible signings - all down to that imposter 

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

So do you think Gio asked him to get a left sided central defender, Wilson goes to Gio he says I've got the very man he plays right side central with Hearts and is injury prone - Gio says the very man, Gio probably didn't even know who he was, and that's only one example of Wilson's terrible signings - all down to that imposter 

Again. Wilson does not sign anyone without Gio’s say   Perhaps Gio like the look of Souter and asked Wilson to scout him  

do you think he rocks up at training and drops a player off that nobody knows about?  
Ffs

Also Gio says to Wilson Wilson goes to the board the board give him £35 to spend.  

We are not a big enough club in terms of finance where a DOF is needed or appropriate we are scraping about frees and dross.

Recruitment should be for the manager and scouting network only and then the board. This role is just another hiding place for all involved and helps avoid accountability. 

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Again. Wilson does not sign anyone without Gio’s say   Perhaps Gio like the look of Souter and asked Wilson to scout him  

do you think he rocks up at training and drops a player off that nobody knows about?  
Ffs

Also Gio says to Wilson Wilson goes to the board the board give him £35 to spend.  

Not quite but not far away, and I'm sticking by Gio  had probably never heard of John Souttar 

There is a chance we might get lucky and he will move on. He can't simply lay all of our issues at Gios door(who he appointed) and I would be surprised if he isn't looking around to see what is available. Directors who are poor at their job tend to move around a lot a bit like he has -  Watford 1 year, Huddersfield 3 years and Southampton 4 years with the 7 years he spent at Falkirk his longest stay. Why would you leave Southampton in the EPL with all the money available to a DOF ? Suspect he felt his time was up. He is absolutely useless at key elements of the job.