McCrorie

TerryTibbs

Is it time he got a chance? Not as if we can sign anyone else right now. McLaughlin got his chance and fucked it. McGregor still has a big performance/save in him but we can’t rely on him really at this stage.

At 24, and having just signed an extension, surely he’s due a shot at the jersey.

To be honest, I'm no really up for throwing McCrorie into games where he has the dynamic duo of King and Sands in front of him.

Maybe wait till he has a wee bit of reliable protection Infront of him before totally destroying his confidence.

26 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Not when we are still 2 points behind in the league, no.

Most clubs in Scotland won’t be battering our goal like Liverpool were, so it’s still McGregor for me atm

McGregor let us down a few times last year and that was the reason he was dropped this season. In fact he was lucky to get a new contract, albeit a limited one. He is not going to suddenly become young again and the same errors will be repeated. As much as we all love him, it is definitely time for new blood.

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

What's he done to deserve one?

He came in, got two clean sheets, played well against the Tarriers, McGregor’s thrown in 3 goals already this season and gave one away with pathetic distribution, and McLaughlin done the same in the game against the Tarriers.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He came in, got two clean sheets, played well against the Tarriers, McGregor’s thrown in 3 goals already this season and gave one away with pathetic distribution, and McLaughlin done the same in the game against the Tarriers.

He also played second fiddle to a scum youth goalkeeper for Scotland U21s who plays for fuck knows who now, and wasn't first pick when last out on loan.

People said the same 'he deserves a chance' with McLaughlin and look what happened.

21 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He also played second fiddle to a scum youth goalkeeper for Scotland U21s who plays for fuck knows who now, and wasn't first pick when last out on loan.

People said the same 'he deserves a chance' with McLaughlin and look what happened.

So who do you play right now? 40 year old McGregor who was disgusting last night and poor last season or below average McLaughlin who is shite? When players don't perform they should be dropped. Mccrorie has been called upon before and has done very well.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, I'm no really up for throwing McCrorie into games where he has the dynamic duo of King and Sands in front of him.

Maybe wait till he has a wee bit of reliable protection Infront of him before totally destroying his confidence.

Fair point 

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

So who do you play right now? 40 year old McGregor who was disgusting last night and poor last season or below average McLaughlin who is shite? When players don't perform they should be dropped. Mccrorie has been called upon before and has done very well.

You don't play someone who is objectively a poorer player compared to someone else just to give them the chance.

Was the same reason McLaughlin should never been given a go as number 1.

McGregor was fantastic last week, and again at the weekend. Every single player was disgusting in that second half last night.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You don't play someone who is objectively a poorer player compared to someone else just to give them the chance.

Was the same reason McLaughlin should never been given a go as number 1.

McGregor was fantastic last week, and again at the weekend. Every single player was disgusting in that second half last night.

I think your ignoring the fact McGregor was also terrible last season. He literally cost us points. Are you happy to continue with a keeper who has just conceded 7 goals in a game where he was culpable for a lot of them? 

How do we know he is poorer? Any time he's been in a Rangers jersey he's been good. It makes no sense to continue with a 40 year old who is inconsistent (being kind) compared to a young keeper with a future. At what stage do you draw the line for a keeper to be dropped? I'd say 7 goals conceded in one game is over that line. Also think having a 6"2 keeper potentially could help at corners whereas at the moment every team we play against knows McGregor won't come off his line and it's costing us 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

I think your ignoring the fact McGregor was also terrible last season. He literally cost us points. Are you happy to continue with a keeper who has just conceded 7 goals in a game where he was culpable for a lot of them? 

How do we know he is poorer? Any time he's been in a Rangers jersey he's been good. It makes no sense to continue with a 40 year old who is inconsistent (being kind) compared to a young keeper with a future. At what stage do you draw the line for a keeper to be dropped? I'd say 7 goals conceded in one game is over that line. Also think having a 6"2 keeper potentially could help at corners whereas at the moment every team we play against knows McGregor won't come off his line and it's costing us 

So if McCrorie comes in and concedes heavily against Napoli in a couple of weeks we just drop him and go back to one of the other ones then?

I argued on here heavily when the season ended and in the summer that we needed to prioritize a new goalkeeper and spend money there so I'm not particularly happy we've had to go back to McGregor. He's still the best of the three by a distance though.

It's not impossible but I highly doubt McCrorie's become a far better player not playing games than the one who played sporadically for Livi a couple of years back and he wasn't great then.

McGregor should be the number one for now. We’ve already changed keepers once and McGregor is still the best goalkeeper at the club. 

McCrorie for the cup games instead of McLaughlin with an eye on him potentially getting his opportunity to become first choice next season if he plays well.

13 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

So if McCrorie comes in and concedes heavily against Napoli in a couple of weeks we just drop him and go back to one of the other ones then?

I argued on here heavily when the season ended and in the summer that we needed to prioritize a new goalkeeper and spend money there so I'm not particularly happy we've had to go back to McGregor. He's still the best of the three by a distance though.

It's not impossible but I highly doubt McCrorie's become a far better player not playing games than the one who played sporadically for Livi a couple of years back and he wasn't great then.

No I wouldn't drop McCrorie on the basis of one game. If it becomes a pattern and he is more consistently poor then I would. McGregor was poor during large spells of last season and cost us vital points. He was subbed on with seconds to go in a cup final to give him a send off and now he is back making the same mistakes this season. Personally I've seen enough of him. I would rather we had another option but mccrorie has just signed a new deal and should be getting played imo.