***** The Official Napoli v Rangers Champions League Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Should just sign Kevin Kyle if that’s what we’re looking for.

You want him to finish obviously too, but the sitter he missed doesn't happen without him receiving the ball in the middle of the park and pinging a left footed pass out to Kent on the wing.

The hold up play and drawing of fouls to win free kicks was important in a game like that.

Colak was genuinely a man down and that continually invites pressure.

7 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Yes and I was agreeing with you re King.

How do you find out? Trust GVB to give him a chance only when he’s ready

I suppose you do mate. As fans we have to trust what the management are seeing in training. Whether we trust the manager or not well that's a different thing. I know that sounds like it doesn't make sense or I'm contradicting myself but I'm not. What I mean is that regardless of who is manager we can't be playing players who aren't ready just so we, the fans, can judge them. That's not our job.

If Lundstram gets dropped (obviously he's suspended against Ajax) unless Jack is fit we really need to start getting the best out of Kamara. Fuck knows what's happening there because he was awesome in the 55 season so there's a player in there. Not as if he's in the last year of his contract either so we could be doing with the manager and coaching staff getting him back to his best.

9 minutes ago, CraigRangers9 said:

Fuck it. Get on with winning the league. We will paste Aberdeen at the weekend.

Delusional. We'll struggle on Saturday even if we win. And on recent form we're winning fuck all. 

7 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

You think we need 2 days rest before playing Aberdeen? Oooft!!

😂😂😂

Of course we do. Even with 2 days rest watch for ALL the teams who have played in Europe this week dropping points at the weekend. This isn't something new.

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

No idea how anyone thinks that was a better performance tbh. 

We were horrific first half, the only saving Grace second half was that Napoli seemingly got bored. It was a bit like a bear attack where we successfully played dead.

"Napoli seemingly got bored " just about every Rangers Supporter could sympathise with Napoli 

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

😂😂😂

Of course we do. Even with 2 days rest watch for ALL the teams who have played in Europe this week dropping points at the weekend. This isn't something new.

What are you talking about? 🤣🤣🤣 all the teams who played in Europe are dropping points this weekend ahahaha! 

Just now, scottyc06 said:

What are you talking about? 🤣🤣🤣 all the teams who played in Europe are dropping points this weekend ahahaha! 

No. Maybe worded it poorly. Putting it another way watch the teams who played in Europe this week and there will be a few unexpected results. Happens all the time proving that players DO need rest.

26 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Gio can't even lose the head with a bit of passion 🤦

Did he lose the head?

I saw him, like Tav, try and ask us to get on board with the take the positives train. They think they did well tonight.

If any of us think they will raise their game at weekend I personally think we will be disappointed. 

Manager and captain want us to take the positives from that shit show tonight. One of which was actually mentioned as sands playing well. Sands playing well! Really?

Just now, crabbit247 said:

Did he lose the head?

I saw him, like Tav, try and ask us to get on board with the take the positives train. They think they did well tonight.

If any of us think they will raise their game at weekend I personally think we will be disappointed. 

Manager and captain want us to take the positives from that shit show tonight. One of which was actually mentioned as sands playing well. Sands playing well! Really?

I was referring to clip of him with the plastic bottle, absolutely pathetic.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

No. Maybe worded it poorly. Putting it another way watch the teams who played in Europe this week and there will be a few unexpected results. Happens all the time proving that players DO need rest.

I don’t doubt they need a rest and should absolutely have tomorrow off.. but there’s no reason that we’re not in on Friday preparing properly for Saturday. That’s the whole point of having a squad the size we do. 

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

I don’t doubt they need a rest and should absolutely have tomorrow off.. but there’s no reason that we’re not in on Friday preparing properly for Saturday. That’s the whole point of having a squad the size we do. 

With all the injuries the 'fit' squad is very small. As it stands we have 1 fit centre-back.

Don’t think we played as badly as most are saying… especially 2nd half. However we do have a number of players well off form (Tav, Kent) and a few players who are very new to this level of football (Tillman, King) 

We we’re have our best period in the game, then brought on Arfield and Colak which seemed to set us back. Would have liked to have kept it the same for another 10 mins or so.

I don’t think it’s a fitness issue, I would say it’s a confidence problem (having taken a few hammerings) which, not for the 1st time questions the mentality of our squad as a whole. 

I'm glad Kent and Morelos are out of contracts end of this season they can get to fuck! Tilman and Sands are only Loans too are not fit enough to wear the shirt! Soutar was a joke of a signing ffs he's too  injury proned along with Helander. The Board relied too much on Wilson he should be sacked,And the board should walk too.