***** The Official Napoli v Rangers Champions League Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

Got off lightly without them playing the Kvara boy and Osimhen tbh. Morelos chance @ 2-0 is howling but onto the more important game v the sheep. Bit unsettling seeing Gio smiling at a 3-0 defeat in the presser but what can you do when we expected the scoreline or worse really.

Genuinely someone’s head should roll. From where we were last season financially (selling 2 players for 30mil and reaching final of Euro cup) and where we are now.

Not that anyone could realistically expect reaching another Euro final but it’s the fact we’ve gone backwards by YEARS. 
Contract situation, ageing players, lack of decent signings, Euro humiliation, early season and concerns over league performances….

2 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Cheers.

I actually got a couple of minutes in and then he started on about how the Champions League teams are a level we can't hope to compete with. That was enough for me.

Imagine the mindset of the players hearing that kind of message being repeated time and again by the manager.

7 hours ago, CR3 said:

Got off lightly without them playing the Kvara boy and Osimhen tbh. Morelos chance @ 2-0 is howling but onto the more important game v the sheep. Bit unsettling seeing Gio smiling at a 3-0 defeat in the presser but what can you do when we expected the scoreline or worse really.

When the second went in, we would all have settled for 3-0.

Embarrassing.

14 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Can never understand this attitude. How can you not be bothered about any game?

So you knew Rangers were playing and weren’t bothered to watch them?

I’ll never get my head around this attitude 

A year ago I’d be replying to my post with what you said tbh. But the majority of that team don’t give a fuck about Rangers and I’d rather no waste my night watching imposters swan about putting in 40% every week. 

55 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

A year ago I’d be replying to my post with what you said tbh. But the majority of that team don’t give a fuck about Rangers and I’d rather no waste my night watching imposters swan about putting in 40% every week. 

I think it's harsh to say players don't give a fuck about Rangers.

Don't mean to make excuses for their performances but it genuinely looks as if Gio has sucked the life out of them, and us. As fans most of us can agree Gio has made watching Rangers a chore, we are dreading games because we can see what's coming. I don't think it's unfair to say that mindset will have found it's way into the dressing room. Players look uninterested, and uninspired. 

Simply put he has to go. Nothing about our performances will magically change overnight or after the World Cup. Even in his press conferences he is accepting and almost praising our defeats, what message does that send? I can't stand watching his "style" of football, imagine how the players feel listening to his pish everyday in training. 

We need proper change. We need a fresh voice. You can say it's up to the players to at least put the effort in and run with teams and show some level of fight, and that's fair. I just think every single player in that squad has lost their desire to play for him. This is the exact situation Feyenoord fans told us would happen. 

Players need to take accountability, no doubt, but this drop in form and lack of passion is down to one man in my opinion.

We're not far removed from calling most of this squad heroes and legends of this club. I have total faith that a new manager will bring the best out of them again.