Giovanni van Bronckhorst - Sacked.

The Dude

Just now, Colin Traive said:

The fact that you can’t tell the difference says it all.

Direct = person to person = him to you = not the whole world, just direct to you

Poor show and will only result in even more doors closing for you.

Dear, dear 

So like a telephone call or a text message or an email? Are you suggesting any quotes etc from any of those shouldn't be used?

33 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He is a known Journo. He is lucky it's not going into an article, if it indeed is not.

If he is still employed by Rangers, then he should be looking at fucking disciplinary action for being so stupid as to actually DM a journo in the first place if he didn't get consent.

It's literally how journos get stories.

The only thing you can really have a dig at @the dude for is that he put it on here for people to see rather than sticking it in an article and getting paid for it.

Known journo 🤣 

He has 2.6k followers and works in the media team at a team called Dunipace how the fuck is Bowley many to know he's a 'journalist'

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Fuck sake, you’re just making the hole bigger, man

Twitter or Facebook posts are for general consumption whereas point to point, direct communication such as DMs, emails, texts are clearly intended for a single recipient. Not rocket science.

You know this, you’ve fucked up and now you’re floundering by suggesting that we should all end our emails and texts with “please note that the contents of this communication are for your eyes onlyif we don’t want some arsehole sharing them with the world.

:lol:

So you're saying emails, texts, phone calls shouldn't be used?

Haven't once suggested you need to end emails with that however if you're emailing/DMing/txting a journo, then it's probably a safe bet to put it at the end.

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

In fairness, I'd have absolutely no clue from @The Dude's twitter that he was a journalist. His bio is 'write about things' which could mean anything. I only know who he is because I post on here.

The Dude seems like a good poster, but if you're going to be a journalist properly advertise that on your twitter. You can't then go and use the 'well what did he expect, I'm a journo' when there's entirely reasonable he wouldn't have known that and thought he was messaging a random member of the public (which is still fucking dumb, but all the same).

That's his fuck-up, not mine.

Just now, tm91 said:

But I would think you do have some level of responsibility as a journalist in how you handle these conversations, especially if you have reason to suspect that he doesn't know you're a journalist. He presumably wouldn't have reached out to you had he known.

As it is, you've risking potentially upsetting a member of the Rangers staff, and that getting to other people at the club - so even just from a selfish or pragmatic perspective as a journalist, it doesn't seem like a good idea for you to do this.

Had I initiated the conversation with him then I agree, there's more of an onus on me to make sure it's clear that it may be published. As he came to me, then it's on him to make sure a) who it is he's actually sending messages to b) whether that's liable to end up in the public domain.

It would take literally seconds for someone to find out I'm a journalist - type my 'James Black Rangers' into google and tell me what happens. The fact there's also a verified tick on my Twitter profile (and not a paid-for Twitter Blue one) and a link directly to a website containing stories written by me and with my name on them, then there's everything there for him to have figured out I'm a journo.

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

So u really expect him to put at the bottom of his post to you off the record btw. No like it's in the publics interest to know about this conversation. 

Your house at Christmas must be a blast everybody shouting off the record at the end of every conversation. 

Yes. Plenty others manage to do it.

Actually howling at some no mark fanny saying that a Rangers first team could ach should have typed in James Black Rangers before trying to have a civil private discussion with it 

Next level narcissist 

4 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I take your point, and he's been dim. He shouldn't be sending messages to random people on twitter and he should be careful who he's sending messages to. However, the only thing that properly indicates who you are on Twitter is the blue tick - which, given the current clusterfuck around Twitter, he may have easily confused with the Twitter Blue thing. With all due respect, your website also could easily be confused for any random blog. And I wouldn't expect anyone to routinely google who they are tweeting to - expectations that may be second nature to you as a journalist wouldn't necessarily be as obvious to others.

It is a random blog.

Wish folk would just calm the fuck down man.

it’s no worth it for any Rangers players or staff to have social media when they aren’t allowed to have an opinion or they get shot down in flames by middle aged fat guys who know as much about football as they do about about self control greetin at what they say.

Honestly man, undiluted tarrier behaviour 

36 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Actually howling at some no mark fanny saying that a Rangers first team could ach should have typed in James Black Rangers before trying to have a civil private discussion with it 

Next level narcissist 

😂 that much of a no mark you keep tabs on where I’m writing