Hummel/Elite - Suing us for £9.5m apparently

McEwan's Lager

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Correct. They are arguing that us signing a deal with them that we shouldn't have has cost them X in lost sales. Once we terminated our deal with them, why would they be due us anything?

They aren't due us anything. If I remember right Elite withheld the last payment to the club that summer because of the termination. Think it'll all come down to if the club were legally able to terminate the contract. And if the club weren't then why has it taken all this time for them to pipe up about it now?

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They aren't due us anything. If I remember right Elite withheld the last payment to the club that summer because of the termination. Think it'll all come down to if the club were legally able to terminate the contract. And if the club weren't then why has it taken all this time for them to pipe up about it now?

Because the administrators are legally obliged to claw back everything they can.

4 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Suspect hitting serious financial issues they’ve instructed solicitors to review existing arrangements for any avenues where they may be able to bring in additional income 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because the administrators are legally obliged to claw back everything they can.

Exactly my point. If the termination of the contract was illegal then surely they would've acted alot faster than they have done. Going into administration then they get the lawyers in, again, looks like throwing shit on the wall and hoping it sticks. 

Blair is fucking useless but I do have far more belief that this one is an easy win for the club. If it comes out the club fucked up again then the positions of Blair and Robertson are beyond untenable.

19 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Exactly my point. If the termination of the contract was illegal then surely they would've acted alot faster than they have done. Going into administration then they get the lawyers in, again, looks like throwing shit on the wall and hoping it sticks. 

Blair is fucking useless but I do have far more belief that this one is an easy win for the club. If it comes out the club fucked up again then the positions of Blair and Robertson are beyond untenable.

Possibly - also possible they were given different legal advice by previous lawyers or that they deemed the reputational risk of legal action damaging to their relationships with current or potential business relationships 

38 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I'd suggest that, going by their financial collapse, those at the top of the tree weren't (to borrow a phrase from our board) 'best in class'

14 hours ago, esquire8 said:

As I've posted a few times before, ESG have went into Administration, not Hummel, and are doing last ditch swinging for the fences moves to try get any sort of funds.

I expect they're pulling a fast one as the last I heard they hadn't given the club any money from the affected stores in the lawsuit. 

With Ashley fully paid off and ESG folding that should be the end of our historic merchandise problems.

Allegedly Ashley isn't fully paid although the figure has been agreed.

6 hours ago, King Jela said:

What a fucking shambles. The scum will be at least at 56 before we get our shit together at this rate. 

Seems more like a desperate company on the verge of bankruptcy trying a desperate legal move to save themselves from that.

I don't think we have anything to worry about with this story.

8 hours ago, Madina said:

Between Ashley, Castore being merch pimps, and now hummel suing us, our commercial dept has been farcical for the last 5 or so years. 

To be fair none of this is on the current commercial dept and it all goes back 10 years to Green, Stockbridge and Ahmad and the various onerous contracts they entered that were designed to benefit them and others rather than Rangers

One of these was our retail deal which had to feed many mouths such as the 3 cunts above, Ashley and the "Rangers fan" from Dumbarton who introduced Ashley and has benefitted very tidily ever since. The last consideration was creating revenue for the club, hence we made two pencils and a balloon from retail. They signed this off on a 7 year rolling contract btw

Essentially the club was financially and corporately raped for 4 years before King and the 3 bears got control. What they inherited was an absolute shitshow and it has taken the past 6 years and £10s of millions of personal investment to get to where we are now. I for one will always be grateful for what they have done, it chills me to think where we might be without them.

Are they perfect? Far from it.

Could we have better visionaries and (critically) communicators? Absolutely

Can they take us to the next stage/level? Debatable but anyone new coming in (the Americans for example) come with the risk of being charlatans who asset strip and take us right back to square one

For me the next move needs to be a freshen up of our executive board, principally Robertson who, for me is weak and lacks presence and Wilson who, despite the record fees, is not performing to the level we need

Anyway, on the retail stuff, hindsight is a wonderful thing but if we'd served notice as per the contract we would be free of Ashley soon and would probably have been better or no worse off.

King did what he does and ignored a contract and created a proper mess. Someone on Twitter who forecast what was to come 3 years ago posted this summary...

image.thumb.png.9a0850199b68583f8cd84cce07216f5a.png

I'm sure King was doing what he thought was best, but I'm equally sure he either ignored legal advice or, worse, didn't seek proper advice

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dickie1963 said:

The Administrators can sue. Then further sue if it can be proved that our failure to pay forced the company into administration and would have had profits for many years moving forward ?

Potentially but I doubt that £9.5m would have been sufficient over a term to do that.  

On 25/11/2022 at 14:23, the cry was no said:

To be fair none of this is on the current commercial dept and it all goes back 10 years to Green, Stockbridge and Ahmad and the various onerous contracts they entered that were designed to benefit them and others rather than Rangers

One of these was our retail deal which had to feed many mouths such as the 3 cunts above, Ashley and the "Rangers fan" from Dumbarton who introduced Ashley and has benefitted very tidily ever since. The last consideration was creating revenue for the club, hence we made two pencils and a balloon from retail. They signed this off on a 7 year rolling contract btw

Essentially the club was financially and corporately raped for 4 years before King and the 3 bears got control. What they inherited was an absolute shitshow and it has taken the past 6 years and £10s of millions of personal investment to get to where we are now. I for one will always be grateful for what they have done, it chills me to think where we might be without them.

Are they perfect? Far from it.

Could we have better visionaries and (critically) communicators? Absolutely

Can they take us to the next stage/level? Debatable but anyone new coming in (the Americans for example) come with the risk of being charlatans who asset strip and take us right back to square one

For me the next move needs to be a freshen up of our executive board, principally Robertson who, for me is weak and lacks presence and Wilson who, despite the record fees, is not performing to the level we need

Anyway, on the retail stuff, hindsight is a wonderful thing but if we'd served notice as per the contract we would be free of Ashley soon and would probably have been better or no worse off.

King did what he does and ignored a contract and created a proper mess. Someone on Twitter who forecast what was to come 3 years ago posted this summary...

image.thumb.png.9a0850199b68583f8cd84cce07216f5a.png

I'm sure King was doing what he thought was best, but I'm equally sure he either ignored legal advice or, worse, didn't seek proper advice

King didnt do what he thought was best, King doesnt like someone getting one up on him and decided to have a pissing contest with Ashley and the rest and to hell with us,