Priority for Michael Beale

Amokachi

I think Beale will get Morelos playing again and he’ll sign a new deal, which is frustrating as fuck because he’s been an utter disgrace this past six months, but ultimately it’s good for the club because at his best Morelos is a very valuable commodity. 

I completely agree that Morelos has more than likely taken far too many liberties by this point to remain at the club.

Having said that, a fully fit and focused Morelos paired with Colak in a form of the 4-3-1-2 we saw under Gerrard would be very interesting to watch. Interesting doesn’t equal effective but I’d love to see them as a two up top.

Any defence in the league would struggle with that if he was fully committed.

12 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

How many of our current players would play week in week out for EPL clubs?

It's a ridiculous thing to criticise Gilmour for.

Who was talking about any of our players ?

Gilmour is nowhere near as good as some think he is , that why nobody hes worked with down there rate him.

16 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think Beale will get Morelos playing again and he’ll sign a new deal, which is frustrating as fuck because he’s been an utter disgrace this past six months, but ultimately it’s good for the club because at his best Morelos is a very valuable commodity. 

Don't think it would be good for the club to be lumbered with him on a long term deal tbh, even if he does have an upturn in form he will chuck it again not long after 

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Mate a bad loan move at Norwich doesn’t mean nobody rates him ffs :lol: 

Read it back genius , the three managers hes worked with down there dont rate him.

Hes not long signed for Brighton and they are looking to moving him already.

10 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Read it back genius , the three managers hes worked with down there dont rate him.

Okay pal he’s league 2 fodder and the worst player to have kicked a ball

Delighted to have interacted with you

14 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

In fairness the manager that signed him left as soon as he arrived. I think it's just bad timing and he will prove himself down there. 

3 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

His conduct should have seen him never kick a ball for us again. Standards through the floor under Gio. Gerrard was guilty of giving him far too much leeway as well.

Is he a very valuable commodity? Even at his absolute peak for us, we weren’t exactly batting offers away. 

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

His conduct should have seen him never kick a ball for us again. Standards through the floor under Gio. Gerrard was guilty of giving him far too much leeway as well.

Is he a very valuable commodity? Even at his absolute peak for us, we weren’t exactly batting offers away. 

We weren’t but he was our best player by a mile. If, and it’s a big if, Beale gets him motivated and firing again then he easily becomes our best player again.

A lot of our players have been a disgrace under Gio, and it’s bullshit for supporters, but it’s the modern game isn’t it? Players hold all the power.

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We weren’t but he was our best player by a mile. If, and it’s a big if, Beale gets him motivated and firing again then he easily becomes our best player again.

A lot of our players have been a disgrace under Gio, and it’s bullshit for supporters, but it’s the modern game isn’t it? Players hold all the power.

He’s obviously very good when he’s firing, but he’s honestly not worth the hassle and unrest anymore. We’re never getting a £10m+ offer for him, even if he signs a new deal and starts to hit form.

He’s just a liability now. Only 3 goals this season, and 11, 12 and 12 in the previous three league campaigns.

Take that £30k+ and get someone reliable in who wants to work, and it’s a much better use of resources. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

He’s obviously very good when he’s firing, but he’s honestly not worth the hassle and unrest anymore. We’re never getting a £10m+ offer for him, even if he signs a new deal and starts to hit form.

He’s just a liability now. Only 3 goals this season, and 11, 12 and 12 in the previous three league campaigns.

Take that £30k+ and get someone reliable in who wants to work, and it’s a much better use of resources. 

I completely get that but how much does a £30,000 a week striker cost? 4 or 5 million probably.

If, and as I keep saying it’s a massive if, Beale gets him back to his best I would rather we kept him and spent that money in other areas, because we need a huge rebuild. 

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I completely get that but how much does a £30,000 a week striker cost? 4 or 5 million probably.

If, and as I keep saying it’s a massive if, Beale gets him back to his best I would rather we kept him and spent that money in other areas, because we need a huge rebuild. 

Maybe, but plenty of good free transfers to be found.

Colak is no world beater, but his return shows how replaceable Morelos’ contribution is. He’s just a bad egg now, that’s offering nothing but hassle. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Beale spoke specifically about Morelos and how Gerrard was brilliant with him. We seen that on the pitch where he looked much more like the Alfie we know. 
perhaps Beale will mirror that support 

Wouldn’t be surprised if Beale knows Spanish either, clever guy