Priority for Michael Beale

Amokachi

Just now, Amokachi said:

He’s obviously got many issues to address & deal with but what should be his absolute priority ? 

The ‘fitness’ of the squad for me, huge concerns re some players condition , injuries & mentality. 

Apparently he did fitness tests for the team today at training. Per Jordan Campbell at the athletic. Guessing the numbers won’t have been great

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

For me i think he needs a statement that he’s going to be his way and his team.

I’d like to see him sell Kent, Kamara and Morelos in January.

To who? :lol:

I think Kent and Kamara may improve again. Morelos is probably done altogether unfortunately 

Just now, KingKirk said:

Application I don't think much will change until most of these injuries return but we will be 10x better set up

The injury excuse is overused. Obviously our injury list is bogging this season but the players we have available are still better than the rest of Scotland outside of celtic 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Anyone daft enough to take them.

Kamara might get the managerial bounce but him and his agent have made it clear to club that they’re done.

Aye, I would definitely get rid of him because I think he’s been shameful this season in his lack of effort. It’s not even a form thing with him, it’s a genuine lack of trying. 

Ideally he gets a lift and is sold, aye.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

For me i think he needs a statement that he’s going to be his way and his team.

I’d like to see him sell Kent, Kamara and Morelos in January.

If Gio was still here, then ye get rid as no use to us (even though Kent and Morelos are worth buttons at this point due to their contracts) - now there is an opportunity to get them back on form and tying Kent and Morelos down - you are talikng £30m to £40m worth of assets here with the 3 of them.  To get rid now be lucky to get £6m or £7m all in.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

To who? :lol:

I think Kent and Kamara may improve again. Morelos is probably done altogether unfortunately 

I think it isn’t just about how he reacts to the players but the reaction from them to his return. He knows what they can do so they can’t hide. As you say we’ve had little concrete interest in any of those players for some time so unless some miracle bids come in the window he needs to be getting them fit and firing. If we are going to salvage anything from this rotten season we will need everyone stepping up to try and get some feel good factor back around the club. It feels like we’ve been in the doldrums for months and we all need lifting. 

Just now, onlythestrongsurvive said:

If Gio was still here, then ye get rid as no use to us (even though Kent and Morelos are worth buttons at this point due to their contracts) - now there is an opportunity to get them back on form and tying Kent and Morelos down - you are talikng £30m to £40m worth of assets here with the 3 of them.  To get rid now be lucky to get £6m or £7m all in.

You’re expecting some upturn in form to get anywhere close to even 30 million for them :lol:

1 minute ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

There’s zero chance of getting 30-40 million for those players now.

They’re too old to fetch that type of money.

2 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

I think your figures are very ambitious,  approximately 50% over tbh. 

Hopefully he can pull a few rabbits out the hat in January. First and foremost we need better players. If we can sign a good right winger and CM that contributes assist+goals that would be a start.

Then we need a full on culture change. I think only natural after 55 and the European final that many players thought they had achieved everything they could with us. 

He needs to start a new cycle that the players buy into and feel like when they come into training every day they’re hungry and motivated. 

Ideally he gets Kent, kamara and Morelos back to their best. If he doesn’t I think it will be a mammoth task winning the league next year. Either get them playing or get funds for them.