Priority for Michael Beale

Amokachi

I don't think Gilmour is overrated, but if the kid doesn't get his career sorted pronto, he is in danger of fading out of the game at the top level.

He has hardly kicked a ball going on two years and that can't be good for his development no matter how good he is.

Last year, I was all for bringing him home. Not so much these days. 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I don't think Gilmour is overrated, but if the kid doesn't get his career sorted pronto, he is in danger of fading out of the game at the top level.

He has hardly kicked a ball going on two years and that can't be good for his development no matter how good he is.

Last year, I was all for bringing him home. Not so much these days. 

Gilmour needs a club like us to get him back on track. He should tell his auld man to gtf and listen to his Maw. 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Apparently he’s moved Lovelace, Devine and McCann into the first team squad proper which is encouraging. Get Lowry in there too ASAP.

Gilmour would be the best midfielder at the club if we got him but I’m not convinced it’s not just lazy journalism.

A natural wide right player (who can cut inside, link up, one-twos etc or even, whisper it, shoot!) is a priority as is a long term keeper.

Devine and McCann were already part of the first team squad. 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Apparently he’s moved Lovelace, Devine and McCann into the first team squad proper which is encouraging. Get Lowry in there too ASAP.

Gilmour would be the best midfielder at the club if we got him but I’m not convinced it’s not just lazy journalism.

A natural wide right player (who can cut inside, link up, one-twos etc or even, whisper it, shoot!) is a priority as is a long term keeper.

Sure they are making up the numbers for training also due to the crazy amount of players we have out injured plus ones not back from their "break" yet

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Fuck me, I've read it all now. We don't need a creative midfielder?

Rewind yourself to every match thread under Gerrard when the teams were announced only to see two DM's playing at home against dross.

Lawrence & Tillman are #10s and we have had a slew of #6's to choose from for years.

It is a # 8 we have been crying out for over a decade!

I know, i didnt say i didnt want one, i said gerrards style meant his setup didn't need one because that wasnt the midfields job

It was utterly embarrassing watching us line up against Hamilton at home with 3 sitting mids to cover the 2 fullbacks going up, i hated it

37 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Colak may have a fight on his hands getting in to the starting 11 as I think Beale will get Morelos back to his best.

Eventually.

Big job, I noticed he’s brought both chins back from his holiday. Nowhere near fit.

GK situation being sorted out in Jan would be great.

McLaughlin told to find a new club, McCrorie out on loan and McGregor to sit on the bench for rest of the season then retire.

The Bosnian boy at the Polish team sounded decent albeit never seen him play at all. Last I saw Leverkusen were close to signing him but haven’t seen anything since.

4 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

McLaughlin told to find a new club, McCrorie out on loan and McGregor to sit on the bench for rest of the season.

The Bosnian boy at the Polish team sounded decent albeit never seen him play at all. Last I saw Leverkusen were close to signing him but haven’t seen anything since.

Doubt that’ll be sorted until the end of the season now. McLaughlin is absolutely fine as a second choice going forward.

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

McLaughlin told to find a new club, McCrorie out on loan and McGregor to sit on the bench for rest of the season.

We’ve been very fortunate over the years with Woods, Klos, Goram and McGregor providing the best part of four decades of top class goalkeeping.

We need to find a reliable long-term solution because I don’t want McGregor or McLaughlin anywhere near next season.

23 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If beale plays the system he and gerrard did then tillman will be ineffective, Lawrence when he comes back will be ineffective, well force them into the inside number 10 positions where they have their backs to the goal constantly and be booted up and down the park while we shunt it wide every time to the fullbacks to cross the ball

Tillman for all his inconsistencies has shown he is very good at dropping off the opponents defence, picking the ball up, turning and getting us moving up the park, but in our old system we didnt have that due to us playing so many men goalside that oir opposition (well the diddies) could just sit back and out number us 2:1 in their half

The idea of davis, kamara, lundstram all passing it amongst themselves while 9 outfield opponents sit centrally and force us wide doesnt fill me with confidence, a lot of people wont admit it but under gerrard and beale we played the horseshoe as well

We did, but difference was that the wide players (Kent, Aribo in the main) played a lot narrower to allow the full backs to overlap or to use Beale's phrase, "get on the last line".  Something I hope to see again because that's where our full backs are at their most effective.

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

McLaughlin told to find a new club, McCrorie out on loan and McGregor to sit on the bench for rest of the season then retire.

You should be a scout.