Priority for Michael Beale

Amokachi

6 hours ago, SPWF said:

With their contract situations and complete and utter dog shit form on the park, if we could get £15-20m for all 3 in January we’d be doing very well. 

Think be lucky to get 6 or 7 for all 3 (6 for Kamara and buttons for the other 2) but if they start playing again and Kent and Morelos extend their contracts then it's a different ball game.

1 hour ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

Think be lucky to get 6 or 7 for all 3 (6 for Kamara and buttons for the other 2) but if they start playing again and Kent and Morelos extend their contracts then it's a different ball game.

I’ll fucking greet if Kent signs a new contract tbh. He is dug meat. 

5 hours ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

If they extend their contracts they’re not leaving.

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Goldson is the captain and should be the official captain

No harm mate but if you genuinely believe we should change the captain while Tav is still here then I genuinely think of less your opinion on football, it’s an absolutely brain dead idea

23 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He’s a brilliant player for us and it’s actually mental how cheap we got him. We won’t have a better player in that position when he leaves for a long long time

Granted he’s been poor this season, but they all have. 

He’ll be missed big time when he retires.

3 pages into this thread and it’s all about the ‘old’ players who have been living on past glories and nothing about the new lads.

if Beale is as good a coach as everyone makes out then I’m much more interested in how the new players could develop and thrive under him. 

Will Tilman benefit from a more attack minded formation, will Davies start pinging more long diagonals from the back in a more direct approach, will Matondo (I know, I know) play on the left?

Does Yilmaz command the  left back position once fit, will we revert to 3 at the back to accommodate Souttar (when fit), Goldson and Davies?

Kent can leave. Promised so much and delivered so little. 

He'll likely be a stand out in a team where nothing is demanded of him.

Admittedly he was finished for me with his under dog comment.

Beale needs to win the league. 9 points is nothing or very least pressure them to the last game. Or whats the point 

12 minutes ago, beararse said:

3 pages into this thread and it’s all about the ‘old’ players who have been living on past glories and nothing about the new lads.

if Beale is as good a coach as everyone makes out then I’m much more interested in how the new players could develop and thrive under him. 

Will Tilman benefit from a more attack minded formation, will Davies start pinging more long diagonals from the back in a more direct approach, will Matondo (I know, I know) play on the left?

Does Yilmaz command the  left back position once fit, will we revert to 3 at the back to accommodate Souttar (when fit), Goldson and Davies?

If beale plays the system he and gerrard did then tillman will be ineffective, Lawrence when he comes back will be ineffective, well force them into the inside number 10 positions where they have their backs to the goal constantly and be booted up and down the park while we shunt it wide every time to the fullbacks to cross the ball

Tillman for all his inconsistencies has shown he is very good at dropping off the opponents defence, picking the ball up, turning and getting us moving up the park, but in our old system we didnt have that due to us playing so many men goalside that oir opposition (well the diddies) could just sit back and out number us 2:1 in their half

The idea of davis, kamara, lundstram all passing it amongst themselves while 9 outfield opponents sit centrally and force us wide doesnt fill me with confidence, a lot of people wont admit it but under gerrard and beale we played the horseshoe as well

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

He’s a brilliant player for us and it’s actually mental how cheap we got him. We won’t have a better player in that position when he leaves for a long long time

Granted he’s been poor this season, but they all have. 

JBJ has weirdly had it in for Tav for years. He’s not going to change now :lol:

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If beale plays the system he and gerrard did then tillman will be ineffective, Lawrence when he comes back will be ineffective, well force them into the inside number 10 positions where they have their backs to the goal constantly and be booted up and down the park while we shunt it wide every time to the fullbacks to cross the ball

Tillman for all his inconsistencies has shown he is very good at dropping off the opponents defence, picking the ball up, turning and getting us moving up the park, but in our old system we didnt have that due to us playing so many men goalside that oir opposition (well the diddies) could just sit back and out number us 2:1 in their half

The idea of davis, kamara, lundstram all passing it amongst themselves while 9 outfield opponents sit centrally and force us wide doesnt fill me with confidence, a lot of people wont admit it but under gerrard and beale we played the horseshoe as well

As I said, if he’s as good a coach as he’s made out to be then he’ll adapt his game plan to suit the personnel available. Time will tell.

I happen to agree with you about the horseshoe, it was just played with a bit more intensity under Gerrard.

the point I was trying to make in my post was that everybody was focusing on the off from established players rather than what might happen with the newbies, time will tell. 

14 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ah well time to end it all then

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

No harm mate but if you genuinely believe we should change the captain while Tav is still here then I genuinely think of less your opinion on football, it’s an absolutely brain dead idea

Goldson should be made captain, manager and chairman

Defoe says Beale was very good at adapting his tactics to suiting the players he had available to him, and MB said himself yesterday he plans on playing on the front foot and taking the handbrake off in our games, so we will have to wait and see what happens.

Do most teams not play “the horseshoe” btw? It’s essentially just playing out from the back, it’s just all season we have been slow as fuck at moving it up the pitch 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Defoe says Beale was very good at adapting his tactics to suiting the players he had available to him, and MB said himself yesterday he plans on playing on the front foot and taking the handbrake off in our games, so we will have to wait and see what happens.

Do most teams not play “the horseshoe” btw? It’s essentially just playing out from the back, it’s just all season we have been slow as fuck at moving it up the pitch 

Aye I reckon the pace at which we play will be the biggest change if it’s to be a success 

It’s been so unbearably slow for so long

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Aye I reckon the pace at which we play will be the biggest change if it’s to be a success 

It’s been so unbearably slow for so long

I got Belgium as my team in the WC in work and they apparently play the exact same way as us and at the same speed, so that’s been a joy