*****The Official Rangers v Hibs Match Thread*****

Craiggybear

35 minutes ago, The Dude said:

100% on Gerrard. Christ, I can still remember folk on here getting excited because Warburton 'talked a good game' before turning on him because he just said the same old shite every manager says at pressers.

32 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The Warburton thing was hilarious in regards his early press conferences 

”Breath of fresh air” lost all meaning in his first couple of months and “could listen to him all day” :lol:

I quite enjoyed both Warburton and Gerrard’s tbh. Both raised the standard of professionalism around the club significantly. Enjoyed Beale so far too.

Suppose when you’re building from a baseline that McCoist, Pedro and Gio set it’s always a step up. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I quite enjoyed both Warburton and Gerrard’s tbh. Both raised the standard of professionalism around the club significantly. Enjoyed Beale so far too.

Suppose when you’re building from a baseline that McCoist, Pedro and Gio set it’s always a step up. 

Don’t think I can think of anything from McCoists pressers that we’re anything different from Gerrard or Warburton

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Both did a job for awhile, but press conferences are always the same shite no matter who’s in charge

Aye they tend to settle into clichès. Definitely think the first few months are always interesting though. Before the managers get board of the drivel they get asked by the Scottish media. 

3 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Aye they tend to settle into clichès. Definitely think the first few months are always interesting though. Before the managers get board of the drivel they get asked by the Scottish media. 

There’s been very little ‘Scottish’ media at our pressers in the last few years. Been more fan media outlets there than there have been Scottish media. 

53 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Must say I fear this game. I'm backing the manager and believe he was the correct appointment, but I don't think he'll get the 'clean slate' mentality Gio got. 

It's Hibs at Ibrox there's nothing to be fearful of as regardless of our problems we should always be looking to take 3 points from this fixture. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Don’t think I can think of anything from McCoists pressers that we’re anything different from Gerrard or Warburton

Both Gerrard and Warburton were far better at actually selling themselves as the right man with how they say the same pish over and over. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I thought at that time given wider context he often spoke well and was probably what we needed comms wise as a figurehead for the club through an outrageous set of circumstances - leaving his managerial contribution more generally to one side of course.

2 hours ago, Blue72 said:

I thought at that time given wider context he often spoke well and was probably what we needed comms wise as a figurehead for the club through an outrageous set of circumstances - leaving his managerial contribution more generally to one side of course.

I think people forget how far ahead we were the admin season before admin was announced then it all imploded 

On 13/12/2022 at 21:27, sandyboyblue said:

Tickets returned due to the rail strike once again. 
hoping for a spirited performance with plenty energy, a lot of players are overdue a  performance. 3/4-0 all going to plan 

They’re not even striking on Thursday but no trains running. A complete nonsense