*****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

Just now, RFC55 said:

mate both of us tried to get through to them but the polis wouldn’t let us in absolute tramps 

Cunts were launching coins and bottles all game too. Really is a fucking cesspit of a place.

Wasn't even full either and the daft sheep shaggers are dreaming of a new stadium.

I'd give them a smaller one with cages.

Delighted with the result but for 90 minutes tonight we were horrifically bad. We can’t let the result paper over the cracks and was really hoping that a new manager would bring new energy. Same old shite we’ve seen for months, no energy and no movement. But hey it’s better to be lucky than good.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

you are right, we weren't very good, but there are glaring differences. Gio doesn't make one substitute at 58 minutes let alone four! We are noticeably fitter in the final fifteen minutes of games which gives us more fight and belief.

Lucky yes, but those differences gave us the chance.

I don’t agree that we were noticeably fitter in the last 15mins. If anything we looked a yard off it all night. Had we not scored twice in injury time there were very questionable decisions like if Davies is fit to come off the bench then why not start him. Tonight was nothing but pure luck. 

26 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Cunts were launching coins and bottles all game too. Really is a fucking cesspit of a place.

Wasn't even full either and the daft sheep shaggers are dreaming of a new stadium.

I'd give them a smaller one with cages.

mate polis wanted nothing to do with it either 

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

He should be an emergency 4th or 5th pick at CH. The problem is that apart from Goldson we have three men made of glass and biscuits and a 18yo boy as the picks before him.

Thing is. Sands was correct to make the challenge. Bigger issue for me is players in front of the defence being so outworked and letting opposition dance fucking through them.

2 hours ago, Ivybank said:

From the sheep forum:

the only consolation is that it’s the anniversary of the ibrox disaster coming up soon

what sick bastards🤮😪

Fucking horrible animals. What a fabulous way to end the match and drive scalding daggers through their icy venomous hearts.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Devine did little wrong and was playing out of position.  His crossing with his left could be better and he has to shut down a cross from wide which on occasions he failed to do.. But he was fine last night, decent going forward, and got motm recently too.

He's playing better than Tav who was abysmal last night, and Devine actually deserves the starting RB slot. Won't happen, not least because there's no one for LB position, but it should happen if Borna is available if form was the key factor.

I really think this is early season James Sands syndrome.

If Barisic had put the same performances in as Devine the last couple games he would have been criticized, but it seems like people are going out of their way to praise Devine despite him really not having done much.

Tav wasn't great yesterday but no one was. He was still better than the likes of sands, McGregor, Jack, Morelos, Lundstram etc. Half the battle is the fact he gets no cover from the likes of Sakala and Jack.

4 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I really think this is early season James Sands syndrome.

If Barisic had put the same performances in as Devine the last couple games he would have been criticized, but it seems like people are going out of their way to praise Devine despite him really not having done much.

Tav wasn't great yesterday but no one was. He was still better than the likes of sands, McGregor, Jack, Morelos, Lundstram etc. Half the battle is the fact he gets no cover from the likes of Sakala and Jack.

Tav was abysmal, not "wasn't great".

I've never been a fan of Sands and said so on here against popular opinion many times.

In a couple of starts an inexperienced young RB has done well at LB incl a motm performance, and pass marks whilst others with more experience were abysmal.  I'd take that from anyone, including a Croatian international LB (bizarre comparison btw).

Tavs issue wasn't lack of support. It was touch, passing, control, defending cross from opposite flank and for much of the game crossing.