Kent

Number5

2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

‘Where possession goes to die’ would summarise our domestic performances over the last couple of seasons, to be fair. He was a symptom of a problem we’re still working on solving now, but I don’t think that’s inherent in his play. He took too much on because our system didn’t create chances. 

I partially agree, but that still seems like a fairly thin excuse for his utterly abject decision making, passing, crossing and shooting.  It doesn't seem like he's impressing at all in Turkey either, 12 appearances, 1 goal (in the uefa conference) and 0 assists.

Just now, RealWorldRich said:

I partially agree, but that still seems like a fairly thin excuse for his utterly abject decision making, passing, crossing and shooting.  It doesn't seem like he's impressing at all in Turkey either, 12 appearances, 1 goal (in the uefa conference) and 0 assists.

I agree he’s far from perfect, and his productivity before he left was awful, but our options are going to be pretty limited in January, and I think he has a higher ceiling than many/most wingers we’ll be able to get. I’m not sure we can afford to turn our nose up at him. Particularly because he should be able to get up to speed quickly while other loan players might need time to adapt to the club/league. 

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Why would anybody want him ahead of Sima right now? 

I think it would be a good thing to have him at the same time as another creative/wide player who can create chances (and also compete with him to start). We don’t have enough attacking options. We need to add more quality but finding anyone who’s having an excellent/productive season is going to be impossible within our budget in Jan. It’ll probably have to be a loan and it’ll probably have to be a bit of a punt. He’s just a punt we already know can be highly effective in this league.