The fashion show

falkirkNS

I like the lad and I like his attitude. Has some glaring misses but then again I've seen Morelos blast over from six yards plenty of times. He always had a good workrate and since Beale came back his pressing game has improved and is in my opinion pretty effective. He is always going to miss sitters and he is always going to score spectacular goals. Brings a bit of excitement to the game which is always a good thing.

1 hour ago, JograBear said:

He can be magic or tragic. But for me very few players are able to create the magic so worth it for me.

He's so off the cuff he doesn't know himself what he's doing.  That said his numbers over the last couple of months (goals and assists / chances created) are probably better than anyone else in the team (but that miss in the final, fck me - that goes in and we win the game)

Just now, The true baller said:

I think we need to be ruthless if we want to compete next season. I like Sakala, but he cannot be starting for Rangers next season if we are to be neck and neck with them.

He's started the majority of games since mid December where we have won all but 1(in the league) and been neck and neck with them, arguably being our best player in that time.

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

He's started the majority of games since mid December where we have won all but 1(in the league) and been neck and neck with them, arguably being our best player in that time.

Neck and neck in points won against the other teams, but it wasn’t a week ago everyone was crying about the gap. We need better players. Sakala will be useful next season but he isn’t a week to week starter for me in a league season where we win.

6 hours ago, The true baller said:

Neck and neck in points won against the other teams, but it wasn’t a week ago everyone was crying about the gap. We need better players. Sakala will be useful next season but he isn’t a week to week starter for me in a league season where we win.

Maeda starts every week for them and he's got less technical ability than Sakala. Worse stats too. We don't need world class players to win the league, we only need better players than them and Sakala ticks that box. 

Sakala is the in-form player atm, but eventually, his spot belongs to Tillman. I've never believed that Tillman is lazy, but Cantwell has a better engine playing in midfield. Play a narrow front three of Kent Colak Tillman with Borna & Tav providing width; the way it was under Gerrard.

In this way, Cantwell & Tillman are on the same team.

Sakala can also play through the middle. There will be plenty of minutes for him.

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Maeda starts every week for them and he's got less technical ability than Sakala. Worse stats too. We don't need world class players to win the league, we only need better players than them and Sakala ticks that box. 

The goal he scores against us when we give away passes at the half way line, I'm not sure Sakala has that in him.

3 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

We all know Maeda isn’t starting for his technical ability. It’s that he’s the best presser in the country. Btw, he wouldn’t be starting for me either. But if you value that kind of thing like the fat greek does then he starts. Sakala is a grafter but not to that mental extent 

He’d be far more effective for us playing LW in Kent’s role, as using his pace he can cut inside and his shooting is miles better than Kent’s. 

Might actually have the replacement for Kent already, but we need to address the RW area or find a way of getting one of Hagi/Cantwell/Matondo (I know) to play out there