The fashion show

falkirkNS

Gets praise for his performance last night but we simply need better than Sakala in the final third if we’re going to get back to winning the league or winning more trophies. He’s part of the reason why we’ve won both games in Edinburgh, he’s also part of the reason why it’s not been double the scores (at least). 

Turned one of their defenders inside out in the second half inside the box to get a good shot away but literally beat himself with two horrendous touches in the first half and hadn’t even been tackled. Good cross for the second goal, awful attempt at a pass straight to a defender when on a good break: that’s our life with Sakala but you will never get the first parts of both examples consistently. 

He just reminds me of Novo, fast as fuck but there's going to be times where we are wondering wtf he is doing. Stats are unreal for someone who many describe as a terrible footballer................I wish I was that kind of shit!!! 

Sakala is a very likeable individual who combines moments of brilliance with moments of utter dross. You just never know what's next but he never gives up. Doesn't let a bad touch bother him just gets on with the game. Kent, Colak and Sakala are, barring injury, our front 3 for the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Sakala is a very likeable individual who combines moments of brilliance with moments of utter dross. You just never know what's next but he never gives up. Doesn't let a bad touch bother him just gets on with the game. Kent, Colak and Sakala are, barring injury, our front 3 for the rest of the season.

A Ted McMinn type mystery player

He had a great game last night and if he had been awarded MOTM no one could have complained, his attitude is impeccable and others in the squad should take a leaf out of his book, Im glad he’s ours and I believe he's getting better and theres room at our Club for Fashion Sakala.

23 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

He had a great game last night and if he had been awarded MOTM no one could have complained, his attitude is impeccable and others in the squad should take a leaf out of his book, Im glad he’s ours and I believe he's getting better and theres room at our Club for Fashion Sakala.

Spot on.

I would not change that team either for the rest of the season.

Possibly full backs, where we are weakest.

29 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Spot on.

I would not change that team either for the rest of the season.

Possibly full backs, where we are weakest.

Thought the full backs were fine last night tbh probably helped having a midfield that wanted to push forward and got us further up the park. 

1 hour ago, Amokachi said:

When he’s good, he’s reallly good & when he’s shite, he’s really shite. 

Like the guy but we need a consistent 7, 8 or 9 out of 10 player starting rather than what he offers.

Good bench option. 

For me that will be his main problem.

It's hard to rely on someone when you don't know what you're going to get. Sometimes a guaranteed 7/10 is better than a sometimes 9/10 sometimes 3/10. Kent and Morelos are in the same boat this season. There's nothing wrong with having players like that, but you can only afford to have one or two, not half a team worth.

Colak may not be able to hit the heights of Morelos, but we know exactly what he's going to give us. 

The fact we’re now looking to play forward passes a lot quicker from the likes of Raskin and Cantwell should benefit him massively, means we can make the most of his pace and directness down the wings. We were predictable beforehand but it’s anything but that with him 

He is good at times but I think for fans who have been used to our glory years he is another player who is hugely frustrating. We have a lot of players in recent years who lack consistency and fail to do it when we really need it. He falls into that category. He's not a bad player and he is young enough that he can continue to improve. None of our forwards are clinical enough or have a good enough first touch which is sort of symptomatic of the markets we are shopping in and money we have to spend currently. 

I've just posted similar in the Morelos thread but wanted to expand on it in regards to Sakala.

Per 90 minutes in the league this season for goals and assists Morelos is has 1.03, Sakala has 1.02 and Colak has 0.96. Sakala is the only one out of the three of them who doesn't play through the centre by himself.

Sakala gets played in a similar position to Jota, Abada and Maeda who all regularly get praise from Scottish pundits but his stats either equal or beat them all. Jota has 0.90, Abada is the same with 1.02 and Maeda has 0.83.

In fact only one player in Scotland (not counting penalties) in Furuhashi has more goals and assists per 90 minutes than Sakala in the league this season and again, like Morelos and Colak, he plays through the middle unlike Sakala.

The boy's stats really do speak for themselves.