The fashion show

falkirkNS

A few months ago I wanted Sakala in the team, no as any long term solution but I just felt that we needed some honest graft on the park, someone you know would try their best and not take the huff when anything goes against him/us, we've more than steadied the ship now domestically, I think it's time to move on from seeing him as someone who can realistically start games for us again.

15 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Look he's abysmal and wouldn't get in their team

Unfortunately there's a list of better players than Sakala at Rangers that you could also say that about too which is the biggest problem we face, our players just aren't good enough to be better than the team we need to be better than.

8 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

A few months ago I wanted Sakala in the team, no as any long term solution but I just felt that we needed some honest graft on the park, someone you know would try their best and not take the huff when anything goes against him/us, we've more than steadied the ship now domestically, I think it's time to move on from seeing him as someone who can realistically start games for us again.

Totally agree. I just watched the game for the first time and the simple truth is that he cannot shoot - or at least, his shooting is far below the required standard. Pace to burn and can beat a man on his day, but can't finish. I know Hagi is slow but as that game panned out we would have been better off with him up top and not Fashion - simply because he wouldn't have missed the basic chances.

I wouldn't buy into this "wouldn't get in their team" way of thinking. How many Rangers players would've got in the Dortmund or Leipzig team? We need to play to a system that suits our players strengths and forces the opposition into making mistakes like we did against Hearts. Sakala makes it 1-1 yesterday and we're in the ascendancy, it's fine margins at this level.

5 minutes ago, WestCoastGer said:

Totally agree. I just watched the game for the first time and the simple truth is that he cannot shoot - or at least, his shooting is far below the required standard. Pace to burn and can beat a man on his day, but can't finish. I know Hagi is slow but as that game panned out we would have been better off with him up top and not Fashion - simply because he wouldn't have missed the basic chances.

Whether we agree with him starting or not, I think you're right about having him on so late, celtic were dropping deeper and deeper as the second half wore on and all that meant was there was less space for Sakala to actually run into, so his only real tangible attribute was already rendered useless.

I'd have brought on Hagi too around the 70th minute, if Beale didn't think he was capable of playing possibly 50 minutes of football then fine but deal with that during extra time, at least give yourself the best chance of getting there.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

14 goals and assists in 19 games in the league apparently. He’s maybe not the most conventional footballer or the most technically gifted, but he causes chaos. We have far far bigger problems than Sakala. He will still be here next season.

And he'll still be a first 11 starter.

Only though who know, not alot or have not played the game, cant see what he brings. Not the finished article by any means.

Beales first name on the sheet atm id reckon.

34 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Only though who know, not alot or have not played the game, cant see what he brings. Not the finished article by any means.

First names on the team sheet will be McGregor, Tav and then Goldson 

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

He’s obviously not the first name on the team sheet - that’s just the  patter of someone trying to win an internet argument.

However, he’s come back really well from missing a sitter against that mob, and two goals and assists in the last two games will give him a well earned start on Sunday.

Young Fashion Shakala as a former player liked to call him last night is an absolute enigma....on paper he has had a good game or even a great game.....scored 1 and set up 2 and had another decent finish in an offside goal.....here's the but....the amount of space he was afforded last night was unbelievable.....it's almost inconceivable that he wouldn't hit those numbers, the truth is he is far to wasteful and needs to show more composure when making his final decision.....here's another but....his numbers stack up so it is hard to argue a case where he shouldn't be in the team these days...a proper enigma of a player:lol:

Don't know why but I thought he was on 10+ goals for the season, last night was only his 6th, he does tend to be involved in a lot of our goals which has probably skewed my thoughts.

I said months ago he would be one of the first names on the team sheet because we were going through the motions and he has such an infectious natural enthusiasm, now we've got most of the squad back I'd hope that we wouldn't need to rely on him but his raw pace and determination are big pluses, I don't think he's a regular in a League winning Rangers team but I'd be happy to have him in the squad, if we can punt him in the summer though I don't think many would object.

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

That's why he is an enigma mate, he finds Colak in a tight area but he was so wasteful when in acres 

Hopefully now hes getting a proper run till end of he season he improoves on that mate.

You have to remember where hes came from, his background, personally yes but footballling also. 

He cost us zilch, zero! 

Hes our least concern, hes the one in the squad who is really living the dream imo. Appreciates being at a club withour stature, works hard everyday never mi d on the pitch.

A positive player too.

The inner hatred for him by some on this forum makes me bewildered.

32 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Hopefully now hes getting a proper run till end of he season he improoves on that mate.

You have to remember where hes came from, his background, personally yes but footballling also. 

He cost us zilch, zero! 

Hes our least concern, hes the one in the squad who is really living the dream imo. Appreciates being at a club withour stature, works hard everyday never mi d on the pitch.

A positive player too.

The inner hatred for him by some on this forum makes me bewildered.

I don’t think anybody has “hatred” for him, they just think he’s not a very good footballer.