Current players for the off imo.

9 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

We need to move on from Alfie, tav, the unfit guys etc. Lower the average age of the team as well. 

This is the key part for me. 

This squad has been together now for 4 seasons under 3 managers. At the end of last season most of us on here felt it was time for big changes and fresh blood. The europa league run was this squad at it's peak. 

It didn't happen but. Even with the business we did. We are still reliant on the same core of players. A core that is stale and run thier race. 

We simply have to begin building a new side. It needs to start now.

42 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

For me I’d only keep following :-

McLaughlan, McCrorie, Goldson, Davies, King, Yilmaz, Lundstrum, Lawrence, Tillman, Hagi, Sakala, Colak. 
Add in the young lads, Lowry, Devine, McCann. Few other youths who can join squad. .

And we stuck with Matondo, Souttar to see if they improve. 

everyone else can be released or sold if they have some value

Huge rebuilding task ahead. 

Why you keeping McLaughlan?

10 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Probably because he’s still a decent back up. We’ve got two massive windows coming up, moving on the second choice keeper, to then have to bring in another one should be well down the list of priorities.

McCrorie as second keeper surely and bring in the first team starter? Play McCrorie in cups etc as is the role.

4 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

At this point it's easier to list the players that you want to keep.

I'd offer a contract to Morelos, possibly Kent too.

Colak, Lawrence, Arfield, Sakala, Goldson, Davies, Yilmaz, young lads like Lowry and Devine.

I'd genuinely not be arsed about anyone else leaving.

Many have peaked, too many are not good enough.

A membership for pure gym is all I’d offer fat boy Morelos.

6 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

This squad has been together now for 4 seasons under 3 managers. At the end of last season most of us on here felt it was time for big changes and fresh blood. The europa league run was this squad at it's peak. 

It didn't happen but. Even with the business we did. We are still reliant on the same core of players. A core that is stale and run thier race. 

Agree with all of that. Don't know why gio/wilson did not see the age and injury prone trends in our squad before now.

How many stay in this window 

If an offer for kamara comes in he’ll be away 

sands may get sent back 

If not and they stay for the season then so be it 

But agree a clear out is needed we just ain’t brining in all them numbers tho to replace in 2 windows 

12 hours ago, SPWF said:

We’ve won two trophies out of twelve with him as our “defensive leader”. It’s widely accepted that we are rotten defensively and have been for years. Why should our “defensive leader” not get criticised? :lol:

If he is that shite, why is this one guy playing for his fourth permanent Rangers manager and why has he played 376 games in seven and a half years scoring 91 goals from right back?

12 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

5 seasons, 1 title. Losers.

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

If he is that shite, why is this one guy playing for his fourth permanent Rangers manager and why has he played 376 games in seven and a half years scoring 91 goals from right back?

I was talking about Goldson. Try and keep up before you dive in headfirst. 

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

He's actually playing for his 5th permanent manager, all of whom bar beale so far failed to get to grips with the SPFL bar one season 

He has two proper winners medals to his name in 7.5 years and is probably going to be the least successful rangers captain since the late 70's maybe, he's also played all they games and watched our rivals rack up 8 trophies in the time he got 2

He's part of a loser mentality group we have that all need cleared out

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We probably have, pity the guys who are better are injured (apart from souttar) 

Don’t think we have. We have Tillman, Lawrence, Yilmaz, Davies. Half the time they’re injured. 

Vs Bassey, aribo, Patterson. And then can basically count McGregor, tav, Arfield, Davis, Jack, Roofe etc. as totally different players. All fallen off a cliff with age.

Now the average squad age is over 2 years older and injury prone

4 minutes ago, the old guard said:

I think a squad with Patterson bassey and aribo was much stronger.

Yeh and there’s a massive difference between a 28 year old injury free Tav and a 31 year old injured one. Can say the same of about 6-7 players. We had a squad of a lot of players at the end of their prime. And failed to move any of them on and recruit guys moving into their prime. Well we did the opposite and sold the 3 moving into their prime

I would look to keep. 

Mccrorie, Devine,King Yilmaz, Goldson, Davies, McCann,Lundstrum,Lowry Hagi, Lawrence, Wright*, Sakala, Colak

The rest take offers , Let Retire. 

Mental we have 17 players in the squad most wouldn't lose sleep over going  prob a few in that keep list above too. 

We have like 8/10 players all available on frees at the end of the season. 

Then another 5/6 who's deals end in 2024. Borna. Roofe.Lundstrum, McCann

No sure we can afford to let that many go as limited fund sto rebuild. 

Be decent wages freed up and then your looking at cross boarder transfers and Frees. 

Few decent under 25yo out of Contract in the summer from the Epl and championship  

2 hours ago, molesmole said:

I would look to keep. 

Mccrorie, Devine,King Yilmaz, Goldson, Davies, McCann,Lundstrum,Lowry Hagi, Lawrence, Wright*, Sakala, Colak

The rest take offers , Let Retire. 

Mental we have 17 players in the squad most wouldn't lose sleep over going  prob a few in that keep list above too. 

We have like 8/10 players all available on frees at the end of the season. 

Then another 5/6 who's deals end in 2024. Borna. Roofe.Lundstrum, McCann

No sure we can afford to let that many go as limited fund sto rebuild. 

Be decent wages freed up and then your looking at cross boarder transfers and Frees. 

Few decent under 25yo out of Contract in the summer from the Epl and championship  

Out of that list you’d probably be happy with about 6-7 starting if you want to win the league. Yilmaz, Goldson, Davies, Lundstrum, Hagi (big question mark on how he will come back after that injury), Lawrence, Lowry?

Then assume probably 1-2 of them will be injured at any time.

Colak, Sakala, Devine off the bench. 

You’re short of 7-8 starting quality players if you want to win the league next year. Wilson has signed 30 and only Davies, Sakala, lundstrum and Tillman are deemed good enough (and fit) to start. So what chance that you are signing 8 in the next 2 windows on a shoestring budget.

You might get 3-4 if we’re lucky. He needs to get a tune out of Kent, Kamara etc. we just don’t have the time or money to be finding 8 players of their quality by august.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He's actually playing for his 5th permanent manager, all of whom bar beale so far failed to get to grips with the SPFL bar one season 

He has two proper winners medals to his name in 7.5 years and is probably going to be the least successful Rangers captain since the late 70's maybe, he's also played all they games and watched our rivals rack up 8 trophies in the time he got 2

He's part of a loser mentality group we have that all need cleared out

That last sentence  is on the bullseye.