Kemar Roofe

Loyal72

7 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Can you give any examples where your fantasy clauses exist?

fantasy?!?! any club that actually gives the scenario i gave deserves all the money haemorrhaging it gets, even you admit that insurance pays for part of the wages

didnt we ourselves get rid of a player for next to nothing after he tried to engineer his own move behind our backs?

29 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

do you honestly think a club, any club will say here's 40k a week for 4 yrs and no matter what you do we will continue to pay that for those 4 yrs even if you never even get to play a game for us at all?

There will be clauses for things like breach of contract, not for injuries.

I feel a bit sorry for him if a troublesome injury just can’t get resolved, I’m sure he’d rather be playing and contributing than going through this. However, from a club’s perspective, we aren’t get any sort of value from the wages we’re going out so time to get him fit for end of season then get rid (if at all possible). I doubt he’ll have a 40games a season again. 

It’s exactly this type of player we need to rid the squad of, albeit he has more goals in him than any other of the playing staff.  

14 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

There will be clauses for things like breach of contract, not for injuries.

i understand what you're saying and would initially agree but a club will cover it's losses and will put in a player must be eligible to play for x amount a season unless y (certain injuries etc ) happens or have an agreement that some threshold must be met or the club can trigger a clause that lets him go for a certain amount (certainly not the full amount of his contract as what's being argued on here)

im not wanting to get bogged down as to what hypothetical clauses there are but my argument is there is no way a club will pay 100% of a players contract like what kingkirk and others are saying 

3 hours ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Supporters like you happily going along with players taking thousands of pounds a week from our club and spending more time in hair transplant centres than on the pitch is the real nightmare here. 

I’m not happy about anything, it’s frustrating as fuck, how injury prone Roofe is, but I don’t think the guy deserves dogs abuse for stuff he does in his private life, or to be called a charlatan, because his body is breaking down on him either. 

4 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

but I don’t think the guy deserves dogs abuse for stuff he does in his private life, or to be called a charlatan, because his body is breaking down on him either. 

All very decent and honourable. But no use to us whatsoever. Get rid earliest opportunity. Look how obese Ange shows no compunction about moving players on who are obviously not going to cut the mustard. 

1 minute ago, Bristoe1872 said:

All very decent and honourable. But no use to us whatsoever. Get rid earliest opportunity. Look how obese Ange shows no compunction about moving players on who are obviously not going to cut the mustard. 

You keep saying this but completely ignoring the fact you can't just 'get rid' of someone under contract without it costing you money.

6 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Which injured players has he moved on?

8 hours ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Supporters like you happily going along with players taking thousands of pounds a week from our club and spending more time in hair transplant centres than on the pitch is the real nightmare here. 

Mate you've lost the plot here big time, no-one, absolutely nobody would rather have a high earner sitting in the treatment room but you can't just get rid of them, it's not that simple and you can't just pay them off, not unlesd you're willing to pay up the remainder of their entire contract.

Put yourself in Roofe's boots (or bandages), you've been injured at work, your body is struggling to keep up the demands of it, you've got a contract for another 15 months, do you accept half your pay in a lump some to walk away knowing that with your injury record you won't get close to this kind of contract again or do you put your family first, sit tight in the knowledge you've got a bit of breathing space to possibly get yourself healthy again?

One of the most overused words on Rangers forums is Loyal, you only seem willingness to show loyalty if it suits you, Roofe isn't the problem, he's a player who should never have been signed, the only reason we got him is down to his track record with injuries, we signed him to give us extra firepower to stop 10IAR and he contributed, it was a gamble i wouldn't have took but we took it and it was short term gain for long-term pain, it is what it is but you can't just discard people when it suits.

13 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

but you can't just discard people when it suits.

Yes mate. You can. We are a football club not a crocks charity. Fat Ange isn't slow in shipping out players who obviously aren't going to make it. And he's right. 

Thanks for helping to stop 9.75 in a row and thanks for a wonder goal in Europe. We wish you well on the treatment table at Accrington Stanley. Very sorry but we are Rangers FC at one time the most successful club in Scotland. We need players who'll contribute. 

Bye. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

What a farce.

Release along with helander, whos out contract anyway.

Cannot keep him, repeat we cannot afford to have someone on 30k a week and one of our 3 up top.

Souttar has till the end of the season to show fitness or id also loan back to hearts aslong as they pay % of his wage.

Its a hit but slightly better than paying 100% salary for crocks.

5 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Cannot keep him, repeat we cannot afford to have someone on 30k a week and one of our 3 up top.

Souttar has till the end of the season to show fitness or id also loan back to hearts aslong as they pay % of his wage.

You can’t just release him. He has a contract.

And paying him off would likely cost more than his wages with our insurance.

Correct in saying we can’t keep carrying £100k per week plus on guys who’re barely available. 

21 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

We can't just release contracted players.