Edmiston House finally opening its doors

esquire8

Glad it's opening quicker than I thought, but announcing it's opening 3 days before makes me think it's fairly rushed.

Overall, it's a decent idea and one that I'm certainly behind.

But for something which should be all positives, the Board have made a good effort at making it seem fairly negative.

8 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Outside was still a building site today so I doubt the inside is much better right now. Also it's only one little section being opened on saturday, the rest is still a shell.

I thought that. I was hoping there was a still something released about the area that’s opened.

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Aye it’s something around that level, but fuck it I’d be raging about something 

Been a while since I was a regular gig-goer in Glasgow so no idea what similar-sized venues there are now. If there's a gap there(and we tie in with a promoter), it could work well tbh.

11 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Outside was still a building site today so I doubt the inside is much better right now. Also it's only one little section being opened on saturday, the rest is still a shell.

Outside will be a building site until April/May.

The inside was handed over last week from a construction perspective and fit out started 1st week in January, should be complete by end of March.

46 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Been a while since I was a regular gig-goer in Glasgow so no idea what similar-sized venues there are now. If there's a gap there(and we tie in with a promoter), it could work well tbh.

Similar sized venues are Barras, SWG and O2.

With the ABC not being replaced there probably is a gap but will be limited with public transport links in the same way we are for home games, especially midweek.

Could make a good bit of money off it if it's being used as a place for gigs. Easy to get to thanks to the subway and it should be able to attract bands that would have went to the old ABC or that go to SWG3.

While I think the club should have focused the money on the first team I can't blame them for looking to improve income. Not sure how much it'll make as a gig place but if they manage to book "top quality" artists it should do fine.

They'll need to have some money kept aside for repair bills though because you'll have that lot from the dark side going in and wrecking it during a gig.