*****The Official Rangers v The Other Mob Match Thread *****

ElBufalo20

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Confident as fuck for this, scum wheeling out every cunt to tell Mick he's a pish manager when deep down they're worried sick 😂

Not sure if they’re worried but he’s definitely right under their skin 

First old firm of the season we had Sands, Colak, Davis starting.  

We’re going into this with guys like Roofe, Cantwell, Kamara, Jack probably not even making the starting team.

We’re in a good place with a good manager and with this strong a bench hopefully we go toe to toe and get at them from the first minute. 

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

First old firm of the season we had Sands, Colak, Davis starting.  

We’re going into this with guys like Roofe, Cantwell, Kamara, Jack probably not even making the starting team.

We’re in a good place with a good manager and with this strong a bench hopefully we go toe to toe and get at them from the first minute. 

Cantwell is straight in if Tillman isn’t available, same with Kamara if Jack and Lundstram aren’t playing 

The arrogance and supreme confidence of the Mhanky Mhob on the outcome of this game is such that we might as well not bother turning up. 

Fair enough Them are in good form, but (checks last few weeks of Rangers results) so are we.  We will have to face a full week in the Mhedia of Them being so great that the Grand Conspiracy cannot/will not be allowed to deny Gravy Veins a glorious treble, so much so that we will probably have to produce the performance of the season on Sunday if we are to prevail. The pressure and intimidation of the match officials is already hitting critical mass.

For all that the League Cup has been demeaned in recent times, it has provided us with more than a few glorious occasions over the years and so, whilst I am the eternal glass half empty sort of person,  I have the wee sneaky feeling that we have more of a chance in this game than the majority of so called experts would have you believe.

Extra time, 3-2 the Good guys.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Not sure if they’re worried but he’s definitely right under their skin 

So it seems, I’m picking up a real distaste for all things Beale from them which is good as usually means you’re doing something right.  

7 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

So it seems, I’m picking up a real distaste for all things Beale from them which is good as usually means you’re doing something right.  

The fact they were quite happy with Gio says it all, not once was he targeted the way Beale has been which suggests they see him as a threat. 

I prob wouldn't want both Raskin and Cantwell making their OF debuts, would prob go with Raskin and Cantwell on the bench.

I can see Beale wanting to keep them guessing with his line-up, and potentially throwing in a curve-ball. If all fit, midfield 3 will be lundstrum, Raskin and Tillman. Think Roofe might start in place of Alfie, with Kent and Sakala making up the front 3.

I've read a few comments that Cantwell is not physical enough to play in this game. We bought him to play and succeed in these types of games. I would be shocked if he didn't start. Besides, celtic is not a physical side these days. Let them loose; Raskin, Cantwell & Tillman instead of the usual defensive-minded Lundstram, Jack & Kamara.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've read a few comments that Cantwell is not physical enough to play in this game. We bought him to play and succeed in these types of games. I would be shocked if he didn't start. Besides, celtic is not a physical side these days. Let them loose; Raskin, Cantwell & Tillman instead of the usual defensive-minded Lundstram, Jack & Kamara.

The manager has said publicly it will be two sitters in most games, we're not going away from that against our toughest domestic opposition.