*****The Official Rangers v The Other Mob Match Thread *****

ElBufalo20

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've read a few comments that Cantwell is not physical enough to play in this game. We bought him to play and succeed in these types of games. I would be shocked if he didn't start. Besides, celtic is not a physical side these days. Let them loose; Raskin, Cantwell & Tillman instead of the usual defensive-minded Lundstram, Jack & Kamara.

That midfield is scary, and not for Celtic.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

The manager has said publicly it will be two sitters in most games, we're not going away from that against our toughest domestic opposition.

Sounds like a negative approach to me for a cup final. I can guarantee you celtic won't have that approach.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Sounds like a negative approach to me for a cup final. I can guarantee you celtic won't have that approach.

They also won't have their full backs in the final third as much as we do which is the reason for 2 players who can cover those positions.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

These games are typically won in midfield so we will need players like Jack and Lundstram getting stuck into tackles, and by that I mean kicking McGregor into the air 

Got a bad feeling Cantwell might be a bit of a fanny and his first OF game could completely pass him by like it does for lots of players. Hope I’m absolutely wrong.

5 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Got a bad feeling Cantwell might be a bit of a fanny and his first OF game could completely pass him by like it does for lots of players. Hope I’m absolutely wrong.

I wouldn’t be having him near starting unless absolutely necessary, shown some nice touches and passes but quite powderpuff so far. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I wouldn’t be having him near starting unless absolutely necessary, shown some nice touches and passes but quite powderpuff so far. 

when Beale said Tillman’s issue was hamstring I’m thinking he’s not going to be available sadly which is gutting on current form.

33 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I don't have an issue with Cantwell starting it's just it has to be him or Sakala if everyone is for and this game is made for Sakala.

I think so too. His pace is ideal against them. Gave their defenders a torrid time in a good few games now. 

Midfield 3 of Tillman Raskin and Lundstram.

Kent in a free role.

Morelos and Sakala up top with Morelos dropping off and dragging their backline out with Sakala on the last man and use his pace.

Keep our full backs from flying forward. Try be as solid as possible and hit them on the break.

Cant play our usual game.

13 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Going back to last season, the semi final, next game at Parkhead and then the New Year game in January, Sakala has caused them a right few problems.

He needs to start as probably the only player we have that runs in behind and can stretch teams.

Thought he gave them a torrid time at ibrox in January. The unpredictability of him is hard to play against. Half the time he doesn't even know himself what he's going to do next.

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Sutton interviewing the managers after it is about as tinpot as it comes in terms of Scottish media. That’s so pathetic it’s actually unbelievable 

Teeing it up for if we lose. Might be tempted to pie it, but I think Beale will stand his ground with him.

Hopefully goes into it with a medal round his neck. 

27 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Sutton interviewing the managers after it is about as tinpot as it comes in terms of Scottish media. That’s so pathetic it’s actually unbelievable 

Coincidentally arranged after the wee nonsense spat with Beale...

2 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Thought he gave them a torrid time at ibrox in January. The unpredictability of him is hard to play against. Half the time he doesn't even know himself what he's going to do next.

Haha ano. Hopefully get him working on the offside rule at training tae