*****The Official Rangers v Dundee Utd Match Thread*****

Craiggybear

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

Didn't think it was as bad as some are making out , particularly the 2nd half . Sure we tend to overplay the ball instead of taking the shot but we could have easily scored 6 or 7 today . 

Some of the decision making was awful mate. Kents shooting is either fantastic or complete shite. He was unlucky with that one that hit the bar, but fuck me he must be wearing diving boots at most times. I don’t think I will watch a replay of this game. 😄

Lundstram on current form just isn’t the guy I want to see against them next week away, which is mad to think a year on from him being one of the first on the team sheet for that kind of occasion,

if he does play I hope he can put in a last season John Lundstram performance instead of what he has been doing but I doubt it. Would love Raskin to be available.

8 minutes ago, Nimmoger said:

No penetration through middle 3rd , no speed of thought and shooting is fucking so bad , training during week ,  mid to front touch lay of shoot , touch shoot,  or just shoot from anyfucking where , no side to side pish 

and you think changing captain during the week would fix that 

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Some of the decision making was awful mate. Kents shooting is either fantastic or complete shite. He was unlucky with that one that hit the bar, but fuck me he must be wearing diving boots at most times. I don’t think I will watch a replay of this game. 😄

Aye , you'll get no arguement from me re Kents shooting - it's woeful . I just thought we created an awful lot of chances today - their keeper , alone ,  made 3 or 4 good saves . 

What I will say is we've got to start converting these chances , starting with next week . 

10 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Lundstram on current form just isn’t the guy I want to see against them next week away, which is mad to think a year on from him being one of the first on the team sheet for that kind of occasion,

if he does play I hope he can put in a last season John Lundstram performance instead of what he has been doing but I doubt it. Would love Raskin to be available.

I thought MB said he would be available next week . 

Yeah , I know - we've heard this kind of stuff before . 

Back in from the game, easy 3 points against another ultra defensive opponent.

Positive was Tillman, decent from Cantwell and Kent.

Negative guilty of overplaying and not clinical enough, really should have been 4 or 5 which sums our season up.

11 minutes ago, ayro said:

Negative guilty of overplaying and not clinical enough, really should have been 4 or 5 which sums our season up.

and early afternoon next Saturday, we’ll be down to 3 points 👏👏

(and yes I keep saying this)

39 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Just back from the game. Another poor performance against a fuckin awful team. We struggle to break down teams in games like this. I thought Cantwell was disappointing and well done to Tillman for the 2 goals. Anyway 3 points and a clean sheet so well done Rangers. 

That wasn’t a poor performance 

In complete agreement with all the comments about Lundstram. He's a complete liability right now.

Also we definitely need to get Tillman signed up. He's already probably our best attacking player and still improving.  He will become a top player eventually and hopefully we get to see some of his peak before he moves to a richer league. 

Another 28 so called attempts with 2 goals scored (their goalie was fucking awful at both) is alarming....we never seem to learn....these games are 5/6 goal drubbings in the making but we never ever look like we are capable...no wonder the goal difference is so fucking much behind them

A lot of people within our support should take heed and stop being responsible for incitement against our bank.I don't know the intricate details of the financing. All I know is that regardless of success on the pitch, and yet failure off it;  a section of our support are determined to take our club hostage

In the last 20 years I've never seen these fenianesque protest banner

. I remember 'we deserve better' campaign Under Murray in 2009/10  I could sympathise with that message at that time

Now after stumbling to 55 and a European final we had the chance to nightmare those soap dodgers cunts for a generation but we were more invested in 'used car ' advertising wars

Just now, Ben10 said:

A lot of people within our support should take heed and stop being responsible for incitement against our bank.I don't know the intricate details of the financing. All I know is that regardless of success on the pitch, and yet failure off it;  a section of our support are determined to take our club hostage

In the last 20 years I've never seen these fenianesque protest banner

. I remember 'we deserve better' campaign Under Murray in 2009/10  I could sympathise with that message at that time

Now after stumbling to 55 and a European final we had the chance to nightmare those soap dodgers cunts for a generation but we were more invested in 'used car ' advertising wars

Fenianesque :lol: fuck me, moron.

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Didn't think it was as bad as some are making out , particularly the 2nd half . Sure we tend to overplay the ball instead of taking the shot but we could have easily scored 6 or 7 today . 

We find ourselves saying that every home game though but the reality is that the bulk of this squad have the mentality of "2 up, jobs done" and never go that extra 10% to really ram it home to shite like united, mind the last game at tannadice, two in 5 mins, had them on the ropes then chucked it and allowed them to breathe again 

For once id like us to start fast, get the first goal and go up a couple of gears, get another goal and then stop fearing about conceding, its like we still have the "keep the zero" mentality by choking the games to death, 

44 minutes ago, ayro said:

I s this a wind up - Kent was horrendous