General Transfer Talk

Broxi

12 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I think it’s Cameron Archer (if Boro don’t go up). 

We were linked with him under Gerrard, Beale will have come up against him in the EFL, probably knows him from premier league u21s games as well back in the day. 

He'll just go vack to his parent club Villa

1 hour ago, Albertz85 said:

Lowry has impressed in some form pretty much every game ive seen him play. Unique to other young players that have came through our system.

With him, if you believe what you read its attitude, injury and of course sad personal stuff thats held him back.

I like his attitude.  He looks as if he is arrogant and a bit full himself which is great providing he has the skill to back it up on the park.  I’m really not interested in hearing about any shortcomings in training, I pay my season ticket to be entertained on the park, don’t give a stuff about training.

We need to give him a run of games when he’s fit.  If he cannot deliver on the park, the fans and his teammates will soon let him know about it and cut any attitude issues down to size.  If he can deliver on the park, nobody will worry about his attitude.

3 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

I like his attitude.  He looks as if he is arrogant and a bit full himself which is great providing he has the skill to back it up on the park.  I’m really not interested in hearing about any shortcomings in training, I pay my season ticket to be entertained on the park, don’t give a stuff about training.

We need to give him a run of games when he’s fit.  If he cannot deliver on the park, the fans and his teammates will soon let him know about it and cut any attitude issues down to size.  If he can deliver on the park, nobody will worry about his attitude.

The poor attitude stuff im sure I read on here so took that with a pinch of salt 🤣

Id love to see him play more personally, technically looks class, but clearly there is something behind the scenes that 3 managers havent been playing him frequently. Only GVB gave him any sort of decent run of games at any point.

Heres hoping he gets his chance and takes it.

13 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Bit of a mental attitude

I know that Beale will be run off his feet hunting players, but I'd rather that than Wilson playing roullete with signings.

Beale can sign his own players and have a pre-season to make them gel.There will be no excuses after that. 

It will be a long overdue reset. Beale is a good coach, and if he signs the right players we will do well.

Time for him to prove he can manage. The overhaul will be in his hands.Go out and buy players that fit his ethos. Then fucking win the league!

If not he will be looking for another job next summer. 

3 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yes it is. Hence numerous professional football mangers have played Wright when they had Lowry available.

Nowhere near as black and white as that. Lowry's been injured for a fair chunk of the season whereas Wright's mostly been available. Gio picked Wright plenty but Beale hasn't.

Lowry is far more talented than Wright. 

He'll still be here next season where as Wright probably won't be. 

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I think this loaning Lowry and getting him a full season of games under his belt would help. 

He has looked decent anytime he has played for us.

I think we should keep him with the group as he's had a rough year with his mum dying so young.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Nowhere near as black and white as that. Lowry's been injured for a fair chunk of the season whereas Wright's mostly been available. Gio picked Wright plenty but Beale hasn't.

Lowry is far more talented than Wright. 

He'll still be here next season where as Wright probably won't be. 

Wright will still be here next year.

Only way he might leave is if we resign Arfield and sign someone like Shankland or Nisbett.

Wouldnt be surprised to see us go for someone like Fleck or even Ross McCrorie as squad players to fill the gap in the euro squad. 

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Only way he might leave is if we resign Arfield and sign someone like Shankland or Nisbett.

Wouldnt be surprised to see us go for someone like Fleck or even Ross McCrorie as squad players to fill the gap in the euro squad. 

:lol:

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Your point was that multiple managers have proffered Wright over Lowry and that wasn't the case though. Only Gio really did. 

Can't see Wright being here as Beale just doesn't seem to rate him. Still time for that to change. 

5 minutes ago, Jamesy1872 said:

I agree with selling them all but has Hagi not just signed a contract extension like 2month ago. Must be in the plans next season? 

I often wonder why people think giving a player a contract extension means we won't sell them. If anything, it makes them more sellable.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Your point was that multiple managers have proffered Wright over Lowry and that wasn't the case though. Only Gio really did. 

Can't see Wright being here as Beale just doesn't seem to rate him. Still time for that to change. 

I have high hopes for Lowry and have seen enough to know he has the talent.

Talent sometimes isn't enough though and you need to listen to instruction, work hard and do the graft.

Lowry has still to prove that side of it, and I really hope he does cause he is clearly very talented.

Wright does have the graft and the physicality, although he is limited ability wise.

I genuinely hope it turns out you are right and Lowry goes on to be a star, but until he proves it on the pitch, it's very much up for debate who is the better player of the two. Lowry has more talent, but that's only one part of it.

Regardless, both will be in the Euro squad.

11 hours ago, gogzy said:

I think this loaning Lowry and getting him a full season of games under his belt would help. 

He has looked decent anytime he has played for us.

As long as we loan him somewhere, where he’ll get some game time. We’ve currently got Cole McKinnon at Thistle and I don’t think he’s started a game since the new year.

23 minutes ago, left winger said:

As long as we loan him somewhere, where he’ll get some game time. We’ve currently got Cole McKinnon at Thistle and I don’t think he’s started a game since the new year.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, left winger said:

It’s not just game time I’d be worried about, we need him going to a club that wants to play football.

Getting minutes and experience is obviously valuable, but if he is training and playing for a team that is defensive and playing route one I am not sure how useful that is. One of the major reasons we need to be pushing for the B Teams to be allowed to progress to a higher level, to let us keep players at the club but get them playing and training the way we want but playing against teams of a higher calibre.

1 hour ago, rossco87 said:

It’s not just game time I’d be worried about, we need him going to a club that wants to play football.

Getting minutes and experience is obviously valuable, but if he is training and playing for a team that is defensive and playing route one I am not sure how useful that is. One of the major reasons we need to be pushing for the B Teams to be allowed to progress to a higher level, to let us keep players at the club but get them playing and training the way we want but playing against teams of a higher calibre.

Should be sending our youngsters to decent EFL league 1 clubs tbh, see how they get on and if they progress then send them up a level or to a Scottish premiership team. If anything else it's a shop window for if they aren't deemed good enough to make it here.

I'm not saying we've had success in sending players south of the border before (eg mcpake) but just get the feeling it'd be a better option than Scottish League 1/championship, EFL is highly competitive and there can be some really decent sides down there (for their level)

16 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I often wonder why people think giving a player a contract extension means we won't sell them. If anything, it makes them more sellable.

Because they're not going to offer someone a new contract who they don't want.

If no one comes in for them they're stuck with them for the next few years. The player also wouldn't sign a new contract if he thought they wanted rid and/or they wouldn't want to move if they've just signed to stay.

It's incredibly rare that someone signs an extension only to move a few months later.

17 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I really hope we’ve made contact with him. On a Bosman he’d be an ideal replacement for Arfield/Davis as a squad player. Plenty of top level experience, tidy player and still a good age.