General Transfer Talk

Broxi

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Makes a huge difference to the narrative portrayed.

No it doesn’t :lol: He turned and ran away from McGregor closing him down and McGregor ran after him calling him a shitebag. Because he ran away from him. 

1 hour ago, The true baller said:

Take shankland for backup all day btw. Can play a few positions

I wouldn’t be surprised if we move Colak on and replace him in the backup role with Shankland.

Think Colak is probably a better finisher but Shankland’s all round play is better and probably better fits how Beale wants to play.

Also has the benefit of adding another for home grown player for the Euro squad as we have basically just lost 3 in Arfield, McGregor and Wright.

4 minutes ago, SPWF said:

No it doesn’t :lol: He turned and ran away from McGregor closing him down and McGregor ran after him calling him a shitebag. Because he ran away from him. 

No. The narrative from who I originally quoted ordered it differently. Read it back.

Actually couldn't really give a fuck. I'm not the biggest fan of Barisic for his obvious defensive weaknesses but posted that he is comfortably the player who has the most assists this season to balance out the almost one sided negative posts about him.

FWIW I've yet to be convinced that Yilmaz is the answer to LB, and I've watched a Rangers team with Staale Stensaas as first choice.

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

No. The narrative from who I originally quoted ordered it differently. Read it back.

Actually couldn't really give a fuck. I'm not the biggest fan of Barisic for his obvious defensive weaknesses but posted that he is comfortably the player who has the most assists this season to balance out the almost one sided negative posts about him.

FWIW I've yet to be convinced that Yilmaz is the answer to LB, and I've watched a Rangers team with Staale Stensaas as first choice.

Thought Yilmaz was pretty good again. 

6 minutes ago, Raligt said:

Think some people in here have never played a game of 11s before 😂

I'm sure Borna has been called far worse. You generally dont make it as an international footballer from being a "shitebag".

His dad's a gangster tae, what a disappointment 

There is no way Id be paying Hearts the kind of money they want for Shankland. He is another player we could have brought in on the cheap years ago though - add to the list of other promising Scots we have let pass us by like Lewis Ferguson, Hickey and Doig. There seems to be a real snobbery about us picking up players from teams in Scotland but for me we need to do it more - especially as it looks like our youth set up is absolutely shite.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought Yilmaz was pretty good again. 

He was okay but no more. Crossing again was a bit dodgy. The biggest praise and a post that got a few likes in the match thread was when he took a yellow card for the team over on the wing. Yellow card his best moment according to the public.

He's young, has had a stop/start season to his Rangers career and there's loads of potential there but I'm more hopeful at this point than convinced.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

He was okay but no more. Crossing again was a bit dodgy. The biggest praise and a post that got a few likes in the match thread was when he took a yellow card for the team over on the wing. Yellow card his best moment according to the public.

He's young, has had a stop/start season to his Rangers career and there's loads of potential there but I'm more hopeful at this point than convinced.

He was very good. 

Don't know why some play him down.

His crosses were in dangerous areas but no one was in the box and some last ditch defending saved a couple.

He defended very well too.

Barasic rarely had as good a game this season as Yilmaz had.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

He was very good. 

His crosses were in dangerous areas but no one was in the box and some last ditch defending saved a couple.

Agree with this, he can only put the ball into areas, its for the strikers to be in that said area. Not seen that from Alfie for a couple of seasons now, he usually just hangs about the back post instead of getting in front of his man. Roofe can do it but he is mr glass as we all know and Colak well he must have pumped Beales wife.

Id certainly have Yilmaz as our first choice LB unless someone comes in with a decent offer.... Barasic should be moved on at all costs.

11 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

There is no way Id be paying Hearts the kind of money they want for Shankland. He is another player we could have brought in on the cheap years ago though - add to the list of other promising Scots we have let pass us by like Lewis Ferguson, Hickey and Doig. There seems to be a real snobbery about us picking up players from teams in Scotland but for me we need to do it more - especially as it looks like our youth set up is absolutely shite.

He wouldn't have been the player he is though if we'd have bought him from Ayr or whoever, just wouldn't have got the game time to develop.

This is also his first decent scoring season at this level, and loads have been pens.

I like Yilmaz. Good energy and doesn’t mind getting stuck in. I like that he always wants to get forward and support the attack. His crossing does need some work and (like all full backs) he gets caught out occasionally but he should absolutely be first choice next season. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He wouldn't have been the player he is though if we'd have bought him from Ayr or whoever, just wouldn't have got the game time to develop.

This is also his first decent scoring season at this level, and loads have been pens.

Was ready to chuck fitbaw to become an Amazon driver when Ayr signed him too :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Aye true but we could have picked him up cheap from Beerschot. And he wouldnt be a starter but he is decent back up to have and is Scottish. Think hearts paid 500k for him

3 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Aye true but we could have picked him up cheap from Beerschot. And he wouldnt be a starter but he is decent back up to have and is Scottish

He scored 5 goals for them, would have been absolute uproar if we signed him and rightly so

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He was very good. 

We all see it differently. Some people definitely have agendas against some players but I like to think I always try to be honest. On the flip side there are some people who go OTT in a positive way about players when they have only played a handful of games and have yet to merit it. Seen it with some of the CMs we signed a few years ago.

Yilmaz' defending is better than Barisic's but so far he's poorer defensively which is where at his age he needs to improve. Obviously keeping up with Barisic's numbers as having comfortably our most assists this season isn't possible in Yilmaz's limited game time but that fact makes your last sentence fucking ridiculous mate.

I'm genuinely hopeful for him. I see a lot of good play but let's judge when he has played a decent amount of games.

11 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I like Yilmaz. Good energy and doesn’t mind getting stuck in. I like that he always wants to get forward and support the attack. His crossing does need some work and (like all full backs) he gets caught out occasionally but he should absolutely be first choice next season. 

Exactly how I see it mate. A work in progress but plenty to be positive about.