General Transfer Talk

Broxi

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Anyone heard of this guy?

Birmingham-born left-back Archie Brown has emerged as a transfer target for both Rangers and selic, with the 20-year-old having two years left of his contract with Lasanne in Switzerland. (Daily Mail, print edition)

Archie Brown, born in Birmingham 20 years old, left back and plays in Switzerland mate….

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

It does seem pretty quiet on the striker front considering we effectively need a new forward line

I don’t doubt there’s stuff going on but it’s vital we get quality 

Possibly why it's not being rushed 

33 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

It does seem pretty quiet on the striker front considering we effectively need a new forward line

Everyone wants good strikers though, do these deals tend to wrap up early? Wouldn't they hold off to see the best option they get?

34 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Got a feeling Maja is all but confirmed, but we are keeping it hush till their season is over.

Also got a feeling there will be some truth in that Karlan Grant story and he could end up with us as well. Actually think they would both be pretty good!  

39 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Most leagues still haven't finished.

I think due to the fact leagues are ending later this year (Due to the world cup), you'll start to see movement a bit later than you normally would.

Also, given our season was over weeks ago it probably feels further into the transfer period than it actually is.

Not worried at all by lack of movement on the striker front. Seems pretty clear the first phase of this window is us tying up free transfers etc, once the domestic season is finished I’m confident we’ll have a few deals lined up for some proper purchases.

Johnson Clark Harris released from Peterborough. Captain and scored 28 goals season just finished. Only 28 would be a good back option to replace Colak if he leaves which looks likely. Again, as a back up though not as our main focal point. 

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Yes, it has, early on Beale mentioned a number nine he wanted but not said much since.

5 minutes ago, KyleBJK said:

Johnson Clark Harris released from Peterborough. Captain and scored 28 goals season just finished. Only 28 would be a good back option to replace Colak if he leaves which looks likely. Again, as a back up though not as our main focal point. 

He’s been transfer listed rather than released. They do that whenever a player is in the last year of their deal

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Might have missed it, but think this link has went a bit under the radar.

Linked for about £6m and reminds me a bit of Jelavic in style.

I really loved Jelavic had that bit of bastard about him and a good strong player.

7 minutes ago, KyleBJK said:

Peterborough just seem to have a conveyor belt of decent strikers.

Every fucking year it feels like half the English leagues are chasing them for someone who just scored 30 goals.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Seems to be mainly free transfers we're beeing linked with at the minute, I fancy the forward line is where we'll be spending money, and may be done after we tie up the bosmans.

39 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Might have missed it, but think this link has went a bit under the radar.

Linked for about £6m and reminds me a bit of Jelavic in style.

Would celebrate for fun up here (got bored after 30 seconds and no goals)

37 minutes ago, KyleBJK said:

He’s not been released tbf, just up for transfer