Fashion Sakala

G.E.C.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Sakala missed two open goals in our two biggest games against them this season, and was fucking rotten in said two games. 

Also scores against then and causes them problems, Tillman not so much.

There's no real profit to made on him either.

9 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Agree entirely. Tillman has done absolutely nothing against the filth. Sakala on the other hand has. Not worth spending five mill on which would probably be a large chunk of our budget. And we can't be spending that amount of cash on projects. We need front runners. No need to spend five mill on a player to score a worldly v Motherwell. 

Spend the money on strikers, good to see some defenders coming in as well as a 23 goals conceded in 22 games for Beale is not good enough.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Sakala missed two open goals in our two biggest games against them this season, and was fucking rotten in said two games. 

Some people will never learn when it comes to certain players, when it mattered most Sakala fluffed his lines, it will happen again and again as he has had two seasons to learn how to compose himself in front of goal.....he lacks the composure for him to be a success.....take Saturday when he burst through with his first effort.....the fucking thing nearly cleared the stand, unfortunately that is common practice for him, even his first goal was fortunate as he shot straight at the defender

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Some people will never learn when it comes to certain players, when it mattered most Sakala fluffed his lines, it will happen again and again as he has had two seasons to learn how to compose himself in front of goal.....he lacks the composure for him to be a success.....take Saturday when he burst through with his first effort.....the fucking thing nearly cleared the stand, unfortunately that is common practice for him, even his first goal was fortunate as he shot straight at the defender

I’m sure the semi final In the Scottish cup and Europa league were fairly important and he played a part in both.

Also was rounding Joe Hart and scoring not showing composure?

You’re also criticising him for scoring a goal on Saturday!

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

1 more contribution than Morelos who’s chucked it all season and we’re supposed to think it’s some great season lol

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I’m sure the semi final In the Scottish cup and Europa league were fairly important and he played a part in both.

Mate he was lucky on Saturday, a good player would have seen the goalie diving and he would pick out the gap between the goalie and the defender, you are accepting mediocrity when it comes to sakala.....you are blinded by the numbers, a better player in his position should double his numbers....that's what we need to aim for if we are serious about winning the league next season 

3 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Also was rounding Joe Hart and scoring not showing composure?

Did he actually do anything in the Europa?

Just now, hammer93 said:

Mate he was lucky on Saturday, a good player would have seen the goalie diving and he would pick out the gap between the goalie and the defender, you are accepting mediocrity when it comes to sakala.....you are blinded by the numbers, a better player in his position should double his numbers....that's what we need to aim for if we are serious about winning the league next season 

Blinded  by a player who scores and has improved the team since the world cup.

Never said we don’t need other players in that position. Just can’t be bothered with the over the top criticism.

ie he scored 2 on Saturday but was lucky and he lacks composure when I gave you an example.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I genuinely thought he was missing when he went by Hart.

Cantwell’s composure for the first in that game is unfortunately everything Sakala will never possess 

But he never! Don’t get this argument either. See if the ball goes over the line in that big net thing it counts it doesn’t have to be in the middle!

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Blinded  by a player who scores and has improved the team since the world cup.

Never said we don’t need other players in that position. Just can’t be bothered with the over the top criticism.

ie he scored 2 on Saturday but was lucky and he lacks composure when I gave you an example.

Yes you gave me an example of a game that meant very little and we were already 2 goals to the good, if you can't see by his major flaws then this debate is pointless, if Sakala is starting as many games next season then we won't be serious contenders, Sakala could easily have hit 25 goals since he got back in the team.....his shots to shots on target ratio I would imagine will be very poor.....I've been saying it for months we need better, more consistent players who take the chances when they really matter

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Yes you gave me an example of a game that meant very little and we were already 2 goals to the good, if you can't see by his major flaws then this debate is pointless, if Sakala is starting as many games next season then we won't be serious contenders, Sakala could easily have hit 25 goals since he got back in the team.....his shots to shots on target ratio I would imagine will be very poor.....I've been saying it for months we need better, more consistent players who take the chances when they really matter

Where have I said he doesn’t have flaws?

Where have I said he should start next season?

My point is since the new year he has done very well and improved the team. I’d shudder to think where we’d be if Matondo or Wright played as many games.

The criticism of him is way over the top that is clearly my point.

And the abuse he gets for the goal against the tarriers sums it up. People criticising him cos they thought he’d missed.

4 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

My point is since the new year he has done very well and improved the team. I’d shudder to think where we’d be if Matondo or Wright played as many games.

And the abuse he gets for the goal against the tarriers sums it up. People criticising him cos they thought he’d missed.

You are bringing up two players as a comparison....I don't think many or any would want either those two near next years squad, it's simple mate you are happy for him to be a squad member and I don't, we are coming off a disastrous European campaign and a trophy less domestic campaign.....huge changes are required....not just Sakala, we will leave it at that:tu:

22 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I genuinely thought he was missing when he went by Hart.

Cantwell’s composure for the first in that game is unfortunately everything Sakala will never possess 

Cantwell's reflex there was utterly sharp. Such focus and technique. Love that goal 

14 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

He’s getting criticised for missing sitters in two cup games for us vs tarriers yet people are defending him because he’s scored in meaningless games against them

48 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We need to do better at signing a goal scorer this summer. Itten, Defoe, Sakala & Colak are all bench-type players.

We need a dynamic centre forward. Easier said than done.

Or we could play to the strengths of the strikers we sign.