Fashion Sakala

G.E.C.

Serious questions need to be asked about his future long term IMO.

I’ve always said you can never fault him for effort and workrate but actual footballing ability and awareness needs questioned. Worst I have ever seen him but when he is bad he is really bad.

This is my pup Millie. She's a 6 month old Labrador. She's all legs and runs all day. Her favourite thing is to play ball, and not just one at the same time. She's good at trapping the ball, and dragging it back. However, when she gets a ball (or 3) she has no idea what she's even doing with them. When she gets going, she totally shuts off from the outside world  and hasn't a clue about the purpose of playing ball. In short, she's a shite football player. I am now naming her Sakala. 

He's a player you'd throw on late in a game if you have nothing to lose, hoping he'll cause a bit of chaos and it might lead to a goal. But in the starting 11 week in week out, no chance. I've seen primary school kids in the playground with more awareness of the offside rule, it's embarrassing at times.

I like Sakala but it is because if his work effort and unpredictability. But today when he skipped past that defender I just knew he was missing. Our strikers conversion rates 1 v 1 with keepers has been abysmal for a few years now. Morelos is atrocious in 1 on 1’s. 

just something else that we can’t seem to improve on.

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Can’t wait to sign a CF who doesn’t spend his time anywhere but in our box. Sick of Morelos dropping deep pish. Can’t be easy playing alongside that. Nothing for anyone to aim at. 

Yep. He’s doing it way too often now. It’s good to drift to the edge of the box. But he’s picking up space in the touchline half the time. That cross Tav put in second half Was into an dangerous area and not a player within 5 yards of it. 

15 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Mate I said to my dad watching he almost move for move copied haaland v Bayern sadly that’s where’s the similarities stopped when it came to the finish 

@falkirkNS loves him and which doesn’t surprise me 

I didn't even say a word to my kid who plays pro youth. Just looked at him and he said " keeper is down, touch it lround keeper to the left and knock it in".

A fucking kid knows what to do.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I didn't even say a word to my kid who plays pro youth. Just looked at him and he said " keeper is down, touch it lround keeper to the left and knock it in".

A fucking kid knows what to do.

He had 3 options put it round him, go round him or do what haaland did 

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Absolutely fine as a squad option, not for the first XI.

We say that but a squad player needs to be capable of puting genuine pressure on the starter that he's taking his jersey.

If we just mean a player who isn't as good but can fill in at times then we'll never push on.

I quite like Sakala but you can’t really depend on him, it’s potluck on whether you get something good or bad from him.  Can be no excuses for his first half miss today, a first team striker has to finish that.

On that miss, it seems that our regular front three of Sakala, Morelos & Kent are one trick ponies when they get put through on a goalkeeper, alway trying to shoot the ball past them.  Can’t recall the last time I saw any of them chip a ball over or try to go round a keeper as an alternative.   Bottom line is that none of them seem to have the composure to regularly put away such chances.