Matondo

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Certainly could.

Is it just me that thinks he appears faster than Sakala?

He’s probably the quickest player I’ve seen live. Would give Kyle Walker a run for his money in a foot race

Can the difference simply be we are now playing him off the left?

After the year he has had takes some level of mental resolve to come into that tie tonight and not only score but also be willing to take players on in their box and take that shot on.

His pace in behind and the fact he is willing to run at players will give teams something completely different to worry about.

Delighted for the wee fella tonight. He can go inside or outside. Still got a lot to improve but can definitely offer the team something and his last two outtings have been great. 

Kent performed poor game after game last season and continued to get picked. Rabbi played one bad game and was left out for ten. Deserves a run before he is completely written off which too many have done on here and continue to do with the new signings.

7 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

Can the difference simply be we are now playing him off the left?

After the year he has had takes some level of mental resolve to come into that tie tonight and not only score but also be willing to take players on in their box and take that shot on.

His pace in behind and the fact he is willing to run at players will give teams something completely different to worry about.

Yup, sign 2x pacey players in Sakala and Matondo who excel in a stronger league at LW, then stick them elsewhere to accommodate an absolutely shite Ryan Kent 

Just now, plymouthranger said:

Yup, sign 2x pacey players in Sakala and Matondo who excel in a stronger league at LW, then stick them elsewhere to accommodate an absolutely shite Ryan Kent 

I’ve been convinced for a while we thought we were selling Kent last summer and planned for it with Matondo.

5 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Like a new signing tbh

He certainly hasn't let his injury layoff hold him back.

If anything he has came back fitter and stronger, and more confident. 

Showing real signs of promise now.

10 minutes ago, LaaRFC said:

Couldn’t argue against him getting a starting spot at the weekend. 

My worry with him though, is that he’ll struggle in games when it’s still 0-0 and the opposition is sitting deep with 11 men behind the ball. 

Agree he should start against ross county imo 

18 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He’s probably the quickest player I’ve seen live. Would give Kyle Walker a run for his money in a foot race

I think he was the fastest player in the man city squad when he was coming through the youths.

1 minute ago, hawkfalcons said:

Agree he should start against ross county imo 

I'd go with that mate.

I don't think he is at the level to start big games coming back from his injury. But he certainly deserves a start against lesser teams. See how he does then.

As it stands he is turning into a great wee impact sub.