Frank Mulholland

If this is inappropriate for Jimmy Bell’s Kitroom, Admin can move it.

Story in The Herald confirming that Scotland’s senior law officer, who was the driving force behind our prosecution, was a scum shareholder who describes them as his “passion”

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23535420.Rangers-prosecution-frank-mulholland-celtic-shareholder/

Words fail me.

😞

Think the two Administrators who go the big settlements were probably hard done by. Their decisions actually saved our club and should probably be looked at far more fondly by our fans.

Green, Ahmed and Whyte should all be sentenced to arse cancer. Dont care if they were cleared or not. They were fucking at it.

No idea if the detective or the judges loyalties came into play. Dont really see what the judge had to gain for Celtic by charging Whyte etc if honest. Think its more standard incompetence than anything else.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Story in The Herald confirming that Scotland’s senior law officer, who was the driving force behind our prosecution, was a scum shareholder who describes them as his “passion”

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23535420.Rangers-prosecution-frank-mulholland-celtic-shareholder/

Words fail me.

😞

He actually tried to prosecute those who screwed us, not us. My biggest regret was that they couldn't prove any links between Whyte and Green prior to Whyte buying us, and any criminality as a result. 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The SNP were up to their necks in it.

I genuinely dont think they were, but they should have been, that was the issue.

When a huge scottish institution gets into trouble, and is facing collapse, they should have been involved to help us.

It had the potential to ruin the national sport in the country, destroy a passion of millions of people and cost the country a big part of the economy.

The administrators could have very much sold off Ibrox to be demolished and built on, and the government were just going to sit back and allow it.

Thankfully they sold on the business instead. 

I never bought into the theory there was some overarching conspiracy that had plotted to fuck us over. As in some shadowy group pulling the strings to instigate the chain of events. 

What I do though was that there was certainly some opportunistic behaviour by certain individuals who realised they could cause us real damage, and once the ball was rolling they kept the momentum up and aimed for the worst possible outcome for us. 

Another aspect was I don't think anyone specifically did anything too strongly to force it through, what they also didn't do was stop it from happening. I'm sure there could've been pressure from politicians not to have run into the ground, and a sensible agreement on what tax could be paid back at the time, and going forward. We could've had limits on transfer budgets, or percentages of profits taken for five years or something. It would've hamstrung us for sure, but we'd have been able to keep going and maintained the same squad, assets etc. 

We were probably as much damned by inaction at the top level as definitive action. 

The inland revenue tend not to be in the business of running going concerns into the ground due to unpaid tax. It would be in the publics interest to gain as much of the unpaid tax back as possible, and also ensure the company keeps going rather than people being redundant, livelihoods lost etc. And that's nothing to say of the 'institute' aspect to the club. A culturally historic and hugely important, globally known sports team... What other instances are there of such an organisation being treated in such a way? 

If you dial it back even further, the seeds of our peril were sewn twenty years ago. David Murray was allowed to run a business on huge debt by the RBS, run by "Fred The Shred". Champagne, glitzy lifestyle seemed great for them all the time. But Murray's businesses were built on mountains of debt, including Rangers, and when the credit crunch hit in 2008, RBS hit the skids, that left us wide open in trouble. 

The world's a gigantic ponzi scheme, and the world debt now is even bigger than it was during the time of the credit crunch. What happened to us could soon be about to happen all over the world and many institutions seen as pillars of the world could prove to be no longer viable. 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think the two Administrators who go the big settlements were probably hard done by. Their decisions actually saved our club and should probably be looked at far more fondly by our fans.

Green, Ahmed and Whyte should all be sentenced to arse cancer. Dont care if they were cleared or not. They were fucking at it.

No idea if the detective or the judges loyalties came into play. Dont really see what the judge had to gain for Celtic by charging Whyte etc if honest. Think its more standard incompetence than anything else.

Agree with duff and Phelps, had hmrc got their guys in first we could be looking at a very different story

Whyte is a conman, however i believe, and ive said it before, that he was only used by murray to take the heat of admin

Cant be arsed looking but i said years ago that i think murray knew we'd lose the tax case but assumed it would be very quickly, so his and whytes plan was to sell to whyte, use ticketus etc, lose the tax case, admin and cva, rid of all debts and murray rides in to rescue us, murray would hsve given whyte a token few mill for his shares, whyte makes a quick buck, murray looks a hero

Their plan went tits up when the tax case rumbled on and we ran out of money before it was settled, so there was a hell of a lot more at stake

It will never be known, but im convinced this was a murray plan all along, cunt

4 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Words fail me.

😞

Hardly new news tbh. Everyone and their granny knows he hates us. 

That shady old bastard John Reid and certain senior managers at HMRC who also happened to be fenians were the instigators. Having said that it was criminally poor management by Murray that put us in such a vulnerable position in the first place that gave these cunts the opportunity to do their worst.

13 hours ago, The Beast said:

That shady old bastard John Reid and certain senior managers at HMRC who also happened to be fenians were the instigators. Having said that it was criminally poor management by Murray that put us in such a vulnerable position in the first place that gave these cunts the opportunity to do their worst.

Murray shouldn’t have used a doubtful tax scheme but the inland revenue shouldn’t be allowed know about something then to take years to decide it’s not legal.

If they had challenged it straight off then even if it had went against us the tax owed would have been far more manageable and a parasite like Whyte would never have been involved.

On 21/05/2023 at 11:19, Jimbeamjunior said:

Agree with duff and Phelps, had hmrc got their guys in first we could be looking at a very different story

Whyte is a conman, however i believe, and ive said it before, that he was only used by murray to take the heat of admin

Cant be arsed looking but i said years ago that i think murray knew we'd lose the tax case but assumed it would be very quickly, so his and whytes plan was to sell to whyte, use ticketus etc, lose the tax case, admin and cva, rid of all debts and murray rides in to rescue us, murray would hsve given whyte a token few mill for his shares, whyte makes a quick buck, murray looks a hero

Their plan went tits up when the tax case rumbled on and we ran out of money before it was settled, so there was a hell of a lot more at stake

It will never be known, but im convinced this was a murray plan all along, cunt

Not a chance mate.  Being very brief here and going over old ground  but Lloyds forced the sale to anyone who would come up with the money.  Muir was behind Lloyds desperation to get their £18 million before the inevitable administration.   Whyte defrauded Ticketus, lied to everyone including Murray, used a few million which was defrauded from a pension fund held by a company called Pritchard Stockbrokers to keep the lights on initially, then flogged Jelavic to continue like that.  Whyte planned to involve his father in this scheme involving the Stadium ownership in the event of the company collapse.    Thankfully Duff & Phelps did us a favour with a full package sale.   Also helped us that Green shafted  Whyte.  I could write screeds on the this with more detail but frankly it's pointless.

11 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

Murray shouldn’t have used a doubtful tax scheme but the inland revenue shouldn’t be allowed know about something then to take years to decide it’s not legal.

If they had challenged it straight off then even if it had went against us the tax owed would have been far more manageable and a parasite like Whyte would never have been involved.

I'm very far away from defending Murray but Rangers were not the only club who used "creative" tax schemes such as EBT's at that time, in fact many big clubs in the UK including them had similar schemes at or around the same time.

We were the only club who HMRC came after with such vigour though.

Part of the reason for that is down to us becoming even more vurnable when Murray lost something like 80% of his wealth both personal and through MIH.

Another part of the reason was Murray and his management team at the time taking an ostrich head in the sand approach to getting out of using EBT's when other clubs were doing so.

But there also is a part of the reason which was that certain influential individuals saw an opportunity to destroy or at least severely damage Rangers. The aforementioned John Reid was one of those.

On 22/05/2023 at 09:13, The Beast said:

At that time I'm sure it was a County Down man, of the right ilk, who was leading Business related issues at HMRC. 

On 22/05/2023 at 09:13, The Beast said: