Ridvan Yilmaz

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Ridvan was nowhere near his man to challenge for the header at the second goal but little gets said about it.

Meanwhile, it's all about slating Borna at the first goal. The midfield and Davies were equally exposed, leaving Barisic in no-man's-land.

Borna's was rubbish last night and his time may well be up and getting a fee in his last year is good business, but I'm still not convinced by Ridvan. 

I also thought Tav was nothing special last night.

Barisic left his position to come inside to try mark a man that our centre half was covering, the position he abandoned had the goalscorer in it who probably couldn't believe his luck at the space he had

Now while yilmaz wasnt the best at the 2nd goal, the fact that backoff borna has shown himself up time and time again means yilmaz surely gets a shot to play left back and show what he can do

As for tav, ive said my piece many many times, I'll not say it again 

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Ridvan was nowhere near his man to challenge for the header at the second goal but little gets said about it.

Meanwhile, it's all about slating Borna at the first goal. The midfield and Davies were equally exposed, leaving Barisic in no-man's-land.

Borna's was rubbish last night and his time may well be up and getting a fee in his last year is good business, but I'm still not convinced by Ridvan. 

It's very harsh on Yilmaz. You can see Wright who was supposed to be right back not near the ball and Balogun was also out of position and just getting back which left Yfeko to come over press the ball. Yilmaz actually does well to recognise this and gets himself into not the worst position but he's a left wing back defending the centre of the goal 6 yards out. Shouldn't have been in that position. That goal happens when you have a winger, a youth and Balogun in a back 4 in a pre season friendly.

Screenshot_20230719-232159.thumb.png.91961c86007b6c6465de127a6205f5b3.png

11 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Barisic is shite now mate. Any cunt that let's a wee taigy wank like Calmac (as they fucking reprobates call him) call him a shite bag, then doesn't half him in the same game, can GTF for me! 

2 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Barisic is shite now mate. Any cunt that let's a wee taigy wank like Calmac (as they fucking reprobates call him) call him a shite bag, then doesn't half him in the same game, can GTF for me! 

I agree, he looked awful last night, but some of the abuse has been OTT. His replacement has question marks if you ask me. I hope Sterling is the answer.

32 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I agree, he looked awful last night, but some of the abuse has been OTT. His replacement has question marks if you ask me. I hope Sterling is the answer.

Don't know how Yilmaz or Sterling will turn out, not seen enough of them tbh. But must be an upgrade on Barisic, he has deteriorated big time. 

8 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It's very harsh on Yilmaz. You can see Wright who was supposed to be right back not near the ball and Balogun was also out of position and just getting back which left Yfeko to come over press the ball. Yilmaz actually does well to recognise this and gets himself into not the worst position but he's a left wing back defending the centre of the goal 6 yards out. Shouldn't have been in that position. That goal happens when you have a winger, a youth and Balogun in a back 4 in a pre season friendly.

The boy walks past Ridvan, and is static when the ball comes to him. It's not even a late run. Barisic would get slaughtered for that and rightly so.

9 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm happy with us defensively at that moment.

The cross could / should have then got blocked.  Yilmaz could / should have challenged better to make the header a more difficult one. Butland could / should have positioned himself so as to not lose a goal to a looped header from 8 yards.

It's sloppy all round.

9 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Also happens in a lot of OF games with a ‘stronger’ defence too, so there’s clearly an issue needing addressed 

Our forwards need to cut his dangerous crosses I'm sure we'll get some goals this season that way.

Love the way he overlaps, brings a lot, more of this please.

3 minutes ago, NI said:

Our forwards need to cut his dangerous crosses I'm sure we'll get some goals this season that way.

Love the way he overlaps, brings a lot, more of this please.

He's been criticised rightly imo for his crossing previously. I thought yesterday it was very good and he would have had a couple of assists had others finished good opportunities he set up.

7 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

You ran out of stuff to moan about in other threads? 😂

No I just have a feeling he will. Do you not think he will especially in the Champ league qualifiers?

Good to see you are not bornabluenose who posted on FF that sadly died recently I actually thought it might be you.

2 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

If you were Ridvan and you were not in the starting 11 on August 5 would you listen to an offer from Fenerbache?

Yes. If Fenerbache were wanting me and somehow Rangers kept playing Borna Barisic the man who constantly runs off and backs away ahead of me, I'd probably be starting to get frustrated tbh. What do they see that Rangers don't etc.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

No I just have a feeling he will. Do you not think he will especially in the Champ league qualifiers?

Good to see you are not bornabluenose who posted on FF that sadly died recently I actually thought it might be you.

Fuck sake you're the grim reaper man

I think Beale will play the player that will give us the most chance, and I think that will be ridvan. 

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

How the fuck could it be if you knew the other one was dead?

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Fuck sake you're the grim reaper man

I think Beale will play the player that will give us the most chance, and I think that will be ridvan. 

How so explain yourself, I told you some person with the same name as you died recently on a Rangers message board and I thought it may be you as you shared the same name it happens.

I think Borna will start we will see. 

5 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

How the fuck could it be if you knew the other one was dead?

It's kinda obvious I have not really noticed him posting and bornabluenose died a few weeks ago.

Obviously with him posting I knew it was not him so mentioned that, what is it you are having trouble understanding?