Ridvan Yilmaz

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

I cant see why anyone would hate Colak before injury he had like 14 in 16 games and got us qualified for the Champions League.

If Beale played him as he is as a penalty box striker once fit he would get the goals once again.

I can’t even remember who the poster is (clearly) but I don’t get it at all. Far bigger problems to address at the club than Colak.

6 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Doesn’t really fit the system but he’s very good at what he does 

The system changing we played a system that was more suited to Morelos and it was not working anymore. Yes, he's a in the box striker.

I think he may be away but we will see I guess as Beale was very complimentary of him lately and wanted him to stay.

We do still need strikers something I have mentioned for years now as we were never good enough domestically upfront as we miss so many chances.

17 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

You don’t think spending money on better defenders is a priority? Perhaps with better defenders we might not loose so many stupid goals 

Needs to be a better balance mate, we have scored 90 league goals this season which isn't to shabby but it's 19 less than the tinkers....we found ourselves in too many games this season where we were clinging on with a one goal victory.....we need to be far more clinical in front of goal whilst reducing the amount of ridiculous goals we give away, a new keeper(whether its McCrorie or Butland)and a new centre back in addition to a fit Souttar imho will make us stronger defensively 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Colak is garbage, like playing a man down unless he gets a goal.

If you combined him and Sakala you would have a good player. Unfortunately that’s not the case

That’s harsh, he’s a poacher but he’d have went on to score 20-25 goals if he was fit all season based on previous form. 

As much as Kyogo is a good player, he’s rarely involved in their build up play and is basically a very good penalty box striker who relies on his movement. Colaks similar, except he doesn’t have the same pace/movement, but he’s a great finisher. 

Our failure with Colak was trying to play balls up to him like Morelos, when he’s a penalty box striker. I’d like to see him stay here next season in the Defoe mould, but I’d accept we need someone more involved in general link up play as our starting CF. 

4 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

That’s harsh, he’s a poacher but he’d have went on to score 20-25 goals if he was fit all season based on previous form. 

As much as Kyogo is a good player, he’s rarely involved in their build up play and is basically a very good penalty box striker who relies on his movement. Colaks similar, except he doesn’t have the same pace/movement, but he’s a great finisher. 

Our failure with Colak was trying to play balls up to him like Morelos, when he’s a penalty box striker. I’d like to see him stay here next season in the Defoe mould, but I’d accept we need someone more involved in general link up play as our starting CF. 

Boyd wasn’t running channels either. Just need to adapt if Colak is playing 

19 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Nah it’s not harsh, he’s garbage.

He isn’t an issue atm and I’m fine keeping him for another year as an option for home games against the dross but he’s never good enough for bigger more meaningful games for us. He couldn’t lace Defoes boots btw, Defoe did work off the ball

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He isn’t an issue atm and I’m fine keeping him for another year as an option for home games against the dross but he’s never good enough for bigger more meaningful games for us. He couldn’t lace Defoes boots btw, Defoe did work off the ball

Defoe literally did fuck all in bigger games/wasn’t trusted with them, so I don’t see how you can use that to criticise using Colak in that “Defoe-role” within our squad. 

On 26/05/2023 at 13:44, .Williamson. said:

Garbage but not an issue so you’d keep as an option.

Strange position to take.

On 26/05/2023 at 11:00, NorthernLights said:

Doesn’t really fit the system but he’s very good at what he does 

Radical thought, maybe the system needs tweaked to get the best out of the players we actually have.

I suspect the signing on Cantwell and Raskin (and Yilmaz) will benefit Colak if he gets a chance to play next season. They are more likely to supply him with chances in and around the box to run on to rather than the full backs just constantly firing in cross after cross.

i also suspect Colak won’t get the chance. 

6 hours ago, beararse said:

Radical thought, maybe the system needs tweaked to get the best out of the players we actually have.

I suspect the signing on Cantwell and Raskin (and Yilmaz) will benefit Colak if he gets a chance to play next season. They are more likely to supply him with chances in and around the box to run on to rather than the full backs just constantly firing in cross after cross.

i also suspect Colak won’t get the chance. 

This is it you cant expect players to change their whole game to suit a system that basically not been that successful at all it's easier to play to a player strengths either that or get rid of him if he doesn't fit what you want.

I can see your point as Colak should get better service from those players and I'd keep him in the box where he is a very good striker, Beale nullifies his game by getting him playing wide or running back to midfield to link up play.