Ridvan Yilmaz

• 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Surprised to read that because if anything I thought it would have been the other way around where the majority of the core players would have found GVB to be more stoic and standoffish and Beale would be the one who they have that more sort of friendly sort of relationship with.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Surprised to read that because if anything I thought it would have been the other way around where the majority of the core players would have found GVB to be more stoic and standoffish and Beale would be the one who they have that more sort of friendly sort of relationship with.

Beale said before when he was no 2 that he wasn't really friendly with the players.

It's a strange thing cause normally when teams go through bad patches it comes out after that the manager was unlikeable or had done something to 'lose the dressing room' but it's always been clear that Gio was a really nice guy and the only evidence is the incident in Portugal but if he was so well liked you'd have thought the players would have responded to him in a positive manner.

18 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

(How does he know though?)

I think there’s an underestimation about the amount of folks that have links to the club on here. Glasgow is a small place.

People post what they hear sometimes and on RM it’s immediately ridiculed as a guy pretending to be in the know, when often they do actually know someone at or linked to the club. Even when it doesn’t happen it’s often just that things end up changing. 

Some are so far removed from that world that they can’t get their head round it. Might be naive but happy to take it at face value. 

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I think there’s an underestimation about the amount of folks that have links to the club on here. Glasgow is a small place.

People post what they hear sometimes and on RM it’s immediately ridiculed as a guy pretending to be in the know, when often they do actually know someone at or linked to the club. Even when it doesn’t happen it’s often just that things end up changing. 

Some are so far removed from that world that they can’t get their head round it. Might be naive but happy to take it at face value. 

I absolutely get that. But the guys I know at Rangers wouldn’t give you fuck all because they would not want to break anyone’s confidence or made to look daft when nothing materialises 

(btw when I say the “guys” I mean one guy - who tbf is in and around some stuff that he could defo spill 😂)

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I absolutely get that. But the guys I know at Rangers wouldn’t give you fuck all because they would not want to break anyone’s confidence or made to look daft when nothing materialises 

(btw when I say the “guys” I mean one guy - who tbf is in and around some stuff that he could defo spill 😂)

It's not just folk directly employed by the club who talk. It's agents, journos, friends, relatives and various others.

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

👍

I've made a living off it :lol:. Tbf, it genuinely surprised me just how much info is out there that folk maybe don't realise. Pals at other clubs sometimes know more about what's going on somewhere else than their own club

I’m pretty sure when Gio first came in, the players were saying the opposite, Gerrard and his team were more friendly with the players and Gio is more stand-off ish, they were told to stop calling him gaffer and call him the manager or some shit like that.

Then 90% of this board started sucking Gio’s dick for it, saying it showed Gerrard and co were unprofessional and that that’s the way it should be 😂

42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've made a living off it :lol:. Tbf, it genuinely surprised me just how much info is out there that folk maybe don't realise. Pals at other clubs sometimes know more about what's going on somewhere else than their own club

Never ever claimed to be ITK but I drink with a guy whose wife is in circles with wives of ex Rangers players and agents.

The only two bits of info I've ever posted on here were bang on and that was that Tillman didn't want to come back to us and that Rodgers was going to be new scum manager. I posted the info really early (well before the stories were even a murmur) but despite being true (so far in the case of Tillman) they could both also be lucky reasonable guesses. 

10 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Never ever claimed to be ITK but I drink with a guy whose wife is in circles with wives of ex Rangers players and agents.

The only two bits of info I've ever posted on here were bang on and that was that Tillman didn't want to come back to us and that Rodgers was going to be new scum manager. I posted the info really early (well before the stories were even a murmur) but despite being true (so far in the case of Tillman) they could both also be lucky reasonable guesses. 

You should be a journalist Jamie 

On 24/06/2023 at 13:33, The Godfather said:

Beale said before when he was no 2 that he wasn't really friendly with the players.

Yes, he did say that then he went and picked the same old favourites who let us down.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Yes, he did say that then he went and picked the same old favourites who let us down.

Tbf he didn't have many options. The 2 he brought in started when available. The old favourites in main are now away so that's a good step.

Nothing much Beale coukd do given the squad he inherited last season with only 1 window. 

This summer will see us with his team and its a long time coming. Fully behind him