Ridvan Yilmaz

The least I expect from a multi-pound signing is a couple of good passes, which they were. I thought last night was his best game so far, but no more than a 6/10. He has youth on his side and can only get better, but I feel he gets more praise because fans want a change from Borna. Praising him for taking a yellow because he got roasted is hilarious.

I'm not sold on him yet, and with Borna in declining years, LB is a concern.

Sterling (if he signs) is a right back and the same for Devine (remember him).

I’m not sold on him either but he did fine last night. Glad he’s getting a run in the team, only after a good 6m playing regularly will we be able to make a firm judgement on him. Personally, I’d rather we’d not spent that money on him as I’d feel better about him (not his fault) but still find it baffling we spent multi millions on a LB when we have so many other problems all over the park. 

15 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I’m not sold on him either but he did fine last night. Glad he’s getting a run in the team, only after a good 6m playing regularly will we be able to make a firm judgement on him. Personally, I’d rather we’d not spent that money on him as I’d feel better about him (not his fault) but still find it baffling we spent multi millions on a LB when we have so many other problems all over the park. 

You don’t think spending money on better defenders is a priority? Perhaps with better defenders we might not loose so many stupid goals 

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Your dislike of Colak is utterly bizarre.

Eh?   I was responding to a poster who was questioning buying Yillmaz instead of a striker. I let him know we did buy a striker two weeks before.  

Weird post tbh.  

50 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You don’t think spending money on better defenders is a priority? Perhaps with better defenders we might not loose so many stupid goals 

Tbf we win that game comfortably last night if both our front line was better and jack (a midfielder) didnt sell the jerseys 

54 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So when we signed Colak two weeks before Yilmaz do you think we were trying to address that too?

We scrimped on a CF and spunked money on a LB to play second fiddle to Barisic all season until the league was done. The same way we spunked money on a CB that’s as soft as a baby’s first shite to play in Scotland. Our front options are what’s cost us. 

52 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

We scrimped on a CF and spunked money on a LB to play second fiddle to Barisic all season until the league was done. The same way we spunked money on a CB that’s as soft as a baby’s first shite to play in Scotland. Our front options are what’s cost us. 

Sorry not keeping up with you. You’re all over the place 

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Sorry not keeping up with you. Your all over the place 

Let me simplify, up to £5m for a Turkish small LB was spunking money and stupidly spent and I am not convinced by him, despite others fawning over him, stop being a dick 

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

No, a priority was a CF who could score us 20+ goals a season 

I said we did buy a CF BEFORE addressing the defence (ie Yumaz) his name is Colak - so a priority for a striker WAS addressed before the defence 

then you went all goo goo 

👇

38 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Let me simplify, up to £5m for a Turkish small LB was spunking money and stupidly spent and I am not convinced by him, despite others fawning over him, stop being a dick 

I think Yilmaz looks promising. He’s not had the best starts with us due to injury and Borna actually improving at the start of the season and cementing his place. But lad looks quick, likes to tackle, has a decent range of passing and although his crossing wasn’t great, I think it will improve. He also hasn’t so far appeared to be intimidated by any opposition he’s come up against.  Oh and also thought his crossing improved during Hearts game  and to me Tavs crossing was poor against Hearts as well for comparison. 

For me, Borna’s time at Rangers has run its course. We should try and move him on and get any sort of fee for him and give Yilmaz the position for next season, we need to invest in a back up but Devine and if we get that lad Sterling can both play there. So we would have some sort of cover. 

it’s really up to Yilmaz to make the position his own now.  As for Borna, he’s done well for us over his time here, some of his crossing has been sublime, but I think we’d all agree that at times, he’s not been as strong in that position as he should have been. If he does go then all the very best to him. 

13 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Eh?   I was responding to a poster who was questioning buying Yillmaz instead of a striker. I let him know we did buy a striker two weeks before.  

Weird post tbh.  

Yeah I absolutely fucked this. I mixed you up with somebody else who hates Colak and I misinterpreted your post completely because I didn’t read the whole topic. My bad :lol:

45 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Yeah I absolutely fucked this. I mixed you up with somebody else who hates Colak and I misinterpreted your post completely because I didn’t read the whole topic. My bad :lol:

I cant see why anyone would hate Colak before injury he had like 14 in 16 games and got us qualified for the Champions League.

If Beale played him as he is as a penalty box striker once fit he would get the goals once again.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

I cant see why anyone would hate Colak before injury he had like 14 in 16 games and got us qualified for the Champions League.

If Beale played him as he is as a penalty box striker once fit he would get the goals once again.

Doesn’t really fit the system but he’s very good at what he does