*****Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers thread*****

graeme_4

Game plan doesn't work. Replaces Lundstram, Dowell, Dessers and Lammers with Jack, Cantwell, Danilo and Roofe, then wonders why the game plan still doesn't work. Fucking like for like changes. Right at the end with Butland looking for an outball and no one even entertaining it. That summed the whole game up.

McInnes must’ve thought he was at Pittodrie 4 year ago. Bet he watched those games in preparation. A literal carbon copy of the same unsuccessful tactic that witnessed 1 trophy. 

We lambasted GVB v Livi at home for the amount of crosses into the box as we were losing the game and basically his job and dressing room. We’re doing exactly that as our main tactic, it’s boring. Nothing has changed. 

We really need a manager that's been and done it all before. We have spent millions on transfers and wages backing managers with little or no experience of being a manger or guys that have no idea what it's about up here. McCoist, Warburton, Caxinha, Gerrard throw in a sprinkle of Murty, Nicholl, McCall and now it's Beales turn to spend money we can't really afford.

1 minute ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Send Souttar back to Hearts he's a lump of wood. No money spent on the defence and a fortune spent on strikers who have no service or look half fit.

I’d never have signed him, but tbh I’ve been warming to him recently. Until he decided to let the ball bounce between his legs at the goal.

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

How the fuck did we manage to get worse in the second half fsHonestly wouldn’t have made a bit of difference who we had starting the tactics are fucking rotten non existent 

Beales no got a scooby 

I hadn’t even thought about this, we actually started looking like we might do something in the 5 minutes before half time 

I cant think of a single thing we actually done in the second half it was shameful 

Beale got our lineup badly wrong today and we really should have signed a left sided centre back as a priority.  The attack is very worrying, absolutely zero creativity.  We can only hope Cifuentes and Danilo from the start can be transformational because that was shocking.

Cantwell should have been a nailed on starter today.

3 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I really think beale fucked up by not playing some league 1 or 2 sides and scudding them 4 or 5 nothing. 

It’s all about confidence. I don’t know what the players would have taken from our friendlies. The Olympiacos result at Ibrox in particular will have put real doubt in to their minds I think, and Hoffenheim finished 16th or something in the Bundesliga and we really struggled there too. Now add to that today’s performance and the high pressure of a European tie on Wednesday and it’s hard to see where the confidence comes from any time soon.

I will never understand our policy when it comes to bringing young players through the ranks. Mayo played out of his skin for Kilmarnock today. Lowry gets farmed out. We spend millions bringing in players from outside Scotland who often just don’t get it and don’t give their all for the team.

Even good players at other Scottish teams will never be picked up by us. I know a lot of it is to do with our impatience and the perception that the best players are elsewhere. We need players who might not be the best technically but, who can give it all for the team. We also need a manager who understands this too. Surely it’s time to change things. 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

:thumbup:

Really concerning and he has some job to get this team playing in a way that looks like a Rangers team.

Killie were by far the better team in the second half and wanted it more it seemed.

I obviously want him to sort it out but my faith at this moment is at a very low level. 

I'm like yourself, usually optimistic but that was a really hard watch.

One other concern is that pre-season Beale made a big point about the players coming in having big personalities. That didn't translate onto the pitch at all today. No dig, no resiliance. 

Cantwell maybe, but even then it came across as frustration more than anything else.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

We’ve hardly moved from rigid tactics in 5 years. It’s baffling it’s still going on. 

Gravy veins showed how to destroy Scottish football last season.

inverted full backs, Wide forwards with two 8’s bursting into gaps.

We are still playing with 2 CDMs, a striker who isn’t match fit, Two inverted 10’s playing centrally where the other team have loads of players and our full backs from 2018 expected to provide width.

Depressing.