Abdallah Sima

GOAT

7 hours ago, johanhentze said:

He cost Brighton 7 million. He will cost much more than that for us, unfortunately. Id love us to sign him, but I doubt its doable, unfortunately.

I’m a bit more optimistic. They have a business model where they spend on young players with potential. And sell on the good ones for huge profits. But those are guys who have excelled in the Prem for them.

The guys that go on loan and who can’t break into the first team there won’t be moved on for huge sums and often for less than they signed.

Karbownik, Zeqiri, Clarke etc 

Wouldn’t be surprised if they let him go for 5-6 million. 

He had a fairly up qnd down start this season, but over the last few weeks you can see there's a player in there. 

He isn't the flashiest player, but he can finish, has a burst of pace, works hard and is willing to run in behind the fullbacks, and that's something i love to see rather than standing off and letting players get back into position.

If continues to grow like he has in the last few games he'll have an excellent season. 

I don't know if he'll make it at Brighton, but i would definitely have him here long term if that ever became a possibility.

3 hours ago, gazza87 said:

Aye not if he keeps this scoring rate up. Brighton are a team that will sell good players every summer so if someone comes in for Mitoma etc. they’ll fall back on their current squad, like Sima. Especially if he has a good season and continues to score in Europe. 

£5M to sign him? Get real 

I like Sima. But you can’t watch him and think he’s going to walk into that Brighton team.

A few average loan spells and potentially a good season in the spl isn’t going to make him a 10 million pound player or convince them that he’s good enough for them.

I think Brighton would be pretty happy to recoup most of the fee. If every team could get close to what they paid for players who don’t quite work out they’d be delighted.

I’d bite your hand off for 4 million for Dessers

13 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

To be fair the boy is turning up now.  I'm pretty surprised to be honest given how he started the season.  

I thought this yesterday, and applied the same logic to Dessers and Lammers… If they can start to perform.

One thing I loved yesterday was in the first half he chased all the way back to nearly the bye line to put in a challenge. With the comparison to Sakala, always thought Sakala was guilty of being a bit lazy off the ball and I think Sima is a better finisher than him.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He'd cost £10m + . No chance of us buying him.

The inflated EPL prices for a player that couldn’t get a game for Brighton won’t mean we can’t get him. We’ll offer an SPFL price and they will take it.
They will want to recoup some of their £undisclosed fee from Slavia Prague. 
They will take £4m or can fuck off. 

5 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

One thing I loved yesterday was in the first half he chased all the way back to nearly the bye line to put in a challenge. With the comparison to Sakala, always thought Sakala was guilty of being a bit lazy off the ball and I think Sima is a better finisher than him.

I agree mate,

I think that most of our players have been guilty of being lazy off the ball mate ... yesterday's game and the team's performance was down to the way the manager wants to play now .... and the players seem to have taken his intentions onboard .... hopefully it is lasting as they have all been notified that they have been given a new lease of life by PC and don't revert back to past under achievements.

I thought that Sima deserved the MOTM yesterday but wasn't surprised when they announced Raskin for the honour ..... how things change when the team get a good all round result.

🇬🇧

35 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Seen Sakala as more of a guy whose lack of concentration & awareness let him down more than laziness tbh. 

Likeable guy, not a fast as Matondo but imo more clinical.

He obviously has flaws, but if he didn't he wouldn't be in Scotland.

People saying he isn't good enough for us when the reality is we probably can't afford him is showing up the unrealistic expectations some fans have.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If he extends his deal and continues scoring for us in the league and in Europe then we won't be able to afford him.

They sold Zeqiri at a loss for £2.4m in the summer who was in a similar position. He had scored a few for Basel including in Europe last season.

Where are fans plucking this 10 million+/he’ll never sign for us from?

He’s been average in his loan spells since Brighton signed him.

He’s been pretty good for us. But still well below the heights or performances that guys like Morelos, Kent etc hit for us. 

He looks exactly like a £5-6million player. Not good enough to make it in the Prem. But would be a good signing for us if he wanted to join and can sustain good form over the season.

9 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Why did we have a better chance at a player who didn't want to be here?

Because there was some sort of agreement at least. We don't have that here and Sima will have better options than this gutter league should he continue his form. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Because there was some sort of agreement at least. We don't have that here and Sima will have better options than this gutter league should he continue his form. 

There’s more chance of us signing Sima who has had a couple of failed loans than a player who had no intention of staying at the club. Agreement with Bayern or not.