We’re absolutely fucking shite

GOAT

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think Dowell is a decent player. Fine as a squad option.

Sima is absolutely pish. Somehow looks a downgrade on Sakala.

I don't understand how he's using Sima. 

Everything suggests his best stuff came from the right wing, so we play him up front or on the left. The point? Only Beale knows. 

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Thought the opposite tbh.

To me he has the look of 'squad option', which tends to be a euphemism for not really good enough. Uninspiring squad filler.

Hope I'm wrong, and granted it's too early to make a definite judgement.

Dowell is the dictionary definition of squad player. If we're relying on him starting that says more about others. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Mate in that stadium tonight I think a lot of the fans are very apathetic towards the team right now, if not already done with Beale. It was a weird, subdued atmosphere. Probably partly a hangover from the Killie result but even after we went 2-0 up fans were getting on the player's backs for passes / runs etc. 

49 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Group that I go with actually arrived a bit deflated, and the general vibe was ‘can’t believe the seasons been fucked before we’ve even been back to Ibrox’.

Sure I’ll get some stick for it, as there’s 37 games to go blah blah but the Killie result has put us in an uphill battle, and it’s not something Rangers can cope with anymore.

"Another season of misery" was the thoughts of our bus, it's definitely sinking into the wider support and not just on here, even FF has been the same since Saturday. 

Honeymoon period is well and truly over for Beale. 

20 minutes ago, King Rager said:

I don't understand how he's using Sima. 

Everything suggests his best stuff came from the right wing, so we play him up front or on the left. The point? Only Beale knows. 

I think Sima is pish, I think Matondo is pish, but if we want to play with wingers and width, you play Sima on right and Matondo on left. I have no idea what Beale is trying to do with him.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Not sure if it was caught on TV, but in the 2nd half Goldson and Raskin were going at each other for 20-30 seconds and Tav had to go put a shoulder round Raskin to get him to calm down. 

Souttar was screaming and losing the plot at someone right in front of us at the end, sure Servette were about to take a throw . Think it was either Tav or Cifuentes and Goldson had to calm him down 

Shouldn’t be noteworthy but haven’t really seen it since McGregor was out the team from anyone 

38 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

I think Sima is pish, I think Matondo is pish, but if we want to play with wingers and width, you play Sima on right and Matondo on left. I have no idea what Beale is trying to do with him.

Aye, that's what I was meaning. 

If he's shite, then so be it. At least make it in his best position where he's shite, he might be less shite/slightly contribute more than he would in an unfamiliar position.

Baffling again from Beale. 

Not saying we’ve looked great by any stretch, but let’s just keep in mind 2 seasons ago we got pumped by Malmo and barely squeaked by Alashkert 1-0 over 2 legs … went on to reach a European final. 

again, we’ve been abysmal to start the season, but everyone take a step back from the ledge. 

Thought we played well for 60 minutes or so up to the front three who consistently failed to keep control, misplaced simple passes and generally were far too slow in thought to combine at the level needed. When they went down to 10 men it was back to the usual slow build up and pointless floated crosses to their keeper. I have no great hopes for Sima, Lammers and  Dessers being able to provide any sort of goal return as they look far below a decent level. Dowell looks  a run of the mill plodder from what I have seen so far. People will say early days and time to gel etc but I just cannot see that they have the quality to improve in terms of  quickness of thought and reaction and basic ball control, ingenuity and intelligent movement.

I would love to see a striker prepared to take a shot without having so much hesitation and having to take so many touches.

This is going to take time it's that simple. Surely people understand that. Before anyone mentions Postecoglou done it almost immediately we gave him that first title we should've been well gone by the time his team clicked.  We are in that exact situation ourselves now. We need to suck it up and deal with it trust the manager and players will come good over time.  

Beale is under pressure but that's just standard in Scotland I certainly don't see him going anywhere this season regardless. He won't get Gerrard levels of time but I think he gets another 2 transfer windows minimum. 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

This is going to take time it's that simple. Surely people understand that. Before anyone mentions Postecoglou done it almost immediately we gave him that first title we should've been well gone by the time his team clicked.  We are in that exact situation ourselves now. We need to suck it up and deal with it trust the manager and players will come good over time.  

Beale is under pressure but that's just standard in Scotland I certainly don't see him going anywhere this season regardless. He won't get Gerrard levels of time but I think he gets another 2 transfer windows minimum. 

he's already had two windows and you want to give him another two, then thats the league gone and more than likely both trophies

and as for the players he has brought in they don't fill people with confidence especially with the only way beale knows to play the game so fuck knows what he'll bring in after another two windows 

2 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

he's already had two windows and you want to give him another two, then thats the league gone and more than likely both trophies

and as for the players he has brought in they don't fill people with confidence especially with the only way beale knows to play the game so fuck knows what he'll bring in after another two windows 

I’m sure most people would have thought the first window was a success with Cantwell and Raskin coming in and the second one is still open.

Some of the players he’s brought in this window we’ve barely seen and are being completely written off. Totally unrealistic to think 9 guys come in and every one of them hits the ground running and everything will click instantly. 

8 hours ago, GOAT said:

“Still early” will no doubt be the cry by some. 

passing is shocking

First touch is diabolical when they do eventually make the pass

crossing, I’m sure they’ll learn to get it past the first man at some point.

finishing, fuck me man.

Dessers and Danilo could do with learning to move up front.  Lammers, rotten.  Tav has been pish this entire summer.

I’d honestly phone Morelos and tell him to hit the treadmill and get back because a fat half fit Morelos looks a better player than Dessers and Danilo.  

so fucking depressing. 

6 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

100%.

That result on Saturday was so damaging because he’s talked the talk for months now and as soon as it was time to walk the walk he reverted to and served up the same old “type”.

I know people talk about Hibs under Souness and Shelbourne and Hearts under Advocaat, but the thing is they were coming in as completely fresh pairs of eyes as managers and overseeing an overhaul. Beale is overseeing an overhaul but he was a big component in the underachieving Gerrard regime, so he has that association already and that game at the weekend could honestly have been any game there under Gerrard, which simply isn’t good enough when you’ve been backed to the tune of 15 million to radically change things.

That style of football is not what the support want anymore because it hasn’t been successful for us, and if he continues with this “it won us a lot of games last season” approach and he doesn’t move away from it, it will cost him his job a lot sooner than he is expecting.

And let's be honest it's because of the current situation we constantly face, the tarriers outwith one season have been rampant and don't look like getting worst they're on the cusp of breaking the treble record, league record and trophy record over these next few seasons if things continue as they are.

While we're still relying on a tav pen to open the scoring and our response to any defensive counter attacking team is slow mundane passing and slack defending of our own.

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Mate in that stadium tonight I think a lot of the fans are very apathetic towards the team right now, if not already done with Beale. It was a weird, subdued atmosphere. Probably partly a hangover from the Killie result but even after we went 2-0 up fans were getting on the player's backs for passes / runs etc. 

it’s probably a tad unfair on Beale because every manager deserves a go with his own team but that result and performance at Killie and the hangover from last season means he’s under big pressure and tbh i think he’s looking/ acting like a guy who’s taken aback by level of criticism already.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

it’s probably a tad unfair on Beale because every manager deserves a go with his own team but that result and performance at Killie and the hangover from last season means he’s under big pressure and tbh i think he’s looking/ acting like a guy who’s taken aback by level of criticism already.

Can't play down how massive that last old firm game was for him even though it meant absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That gave them a bloody nose and Beale some grace but in general it meant nothing as we watched them win a treble.

They lost their manager who lets face it was a brilliant coach for Scottish football and brought back Rodgers who walked out on them. We had the perfect opportunity to win first 3 league games and then if we beat them a section of their support would be gunning for Rodgers.

Instead we are 3 points behind, They’ve continued were they left off goalscoring wise and now facing a game we can’t afford to lose on Sept 3rd.

And bar one season domestically since we came back up we just seem to go round and round in circles . That’s why I think the attitude amongst the support is as low as it is just now . We have seen this story before all too often . Beale and the players have the opportunity to change that in next few weeks and it’s all down to them to take it . 

I think the issue a lot of our fans have is they under estimate the level of some of these lesser European teams. 

Servette are comfortably better than any other team in our league apart from them. They put out a Genk team who were at the top of the Belgian league at the end of the regular season last year (before the split).

If tonight was a league game it would be deemed as a tricky one and all about getting 3 points. We controlled the game, created a few chances and limited them to very little and got the job done (any home victory is a decent result without away goals rule).

But for some reason there is an expectancy that we should be hammering these lesser teams in Europe when that's just not how it works. 

Performance wasn't great, and I'd have liked us to go for it a bit more when they had 10 men, but some of the reactions are a bit OTT.

2 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

I think the issue a lot of our fans have is they under estimate the level of some of these lesser European teams. 

Servette are comfortably better than any other team in our league apart from them.

If tonight was a league game it would be deemed as a tricky one and all about getting 3 points. We controlled the game, created a few chances and limited them to very little and got the job done (any home victory is a decent result without away goals rule).

But for some reason there is an expectancy that we should be hammering these lesser teams in Europe when that's just not how it works. 

Performance wasn't great, and I'd have liked us to go for it a bit more when they had 10 men, but some of the reactions are a bit OTT.

Servette were fucking woeful.

If we get put out by them we don’t deserve to be in CL tbh.