We’re absolutely fucking shite

GOAT

2 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Just like how we scraped by Alashkert and then were in a European final later that season?

Like I said the performance wasn't great, and I do have concerns (not convinced our starting XI will be much stronger than it was last season - IMO it basically depends on how good Danilo and Cifuentes are) but the reactions of some are definitely OTT.

If that team put us out next week and I expect them to , PSV will demolish them.

Sakala would have been a bigger danger than Danilo , so far this looks like another shocking signing and terrible waste of cash , time will tell.

Dont agree anyone is OTT about any of this , this manager hasnt had a clue from the day he started and hes not going to change overnight. We have seen it all to many times now , he loses the tim game and hes got to go IMO.

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Mate in that stadium tonight I think a lot of the fans are very apathetic towards the team right now, if not already done with Beale. It was a weird, subdued atmosphere. Probably partly a hangover from the Killie result but even after we went 2-0 up fans were getting on the player's backs for passes / runs etc. 

I actually put it down to being bored. That’s the angle I come from anyway. I’m bored of watching the same rigid tactics and boring way of playing. I’m bored of us turning up for 20 minutes all action and then going back to usual swing the ball into the box. We’ve literally watched the same movie 5 years in a row. We’ve heard so much about fast attacking football with the handbrake off and here we are playing identical to what we did in 2019. We haven’t moved on at all. 

41 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

I think the issue a lot of our fans have is they under estimate the level of some of these lesser European teams. 

Servette are comfortably better than any other team in our league apart from them. They put out a Genk team who were at the top of the Belgian league at the end of the regular season last year (before the split).

If tonight was a league game it would be deemed as a tricky one and all about getting 3 points. We controlled the game, created a few chances and limited them to very little and got the job done (any home victory is a decent result without away goals rule).

But for some reason there is an expectancy that we should be hammering these lesser teams in Europe when that's just not how it works. 

Performance wasn't great, and I'd have liked us to go for it a bit more when they had 10 men, but some of the reactions are a bit OTT. 

They were quite poor imo, if that's us a couple of year ago we're taking 4 or 5 off them last night. 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

They were quite poor imo, if that's us a couple of year ago we're taking 4 or 5 off them last night. 

If Lammers tucks his chance away I think we probably would have.

Not using that as a defense, I just think we were in control of the game at that point and playing with a bit of composure. It quickly vanished after that miss and the penalty five minutes later. 

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

If that team put us out next week and I expect them to , PSV will demolish them.

Sakala would have been a bigger danger than Danilo , so far this looks like another shocking signing and terrible waste of cash , time will tell.

Dont agree anyone is OTT about any of this , this manager hasnt had a clue from the day he started and hes not going to change overnight. We have seen it all to many times now , he loses the tim game and hes got to go IMO.

You are an idiot. Genuinely can't understand so called fans like you writing off a new signing like that so quickly.

Saw flashes of him last night that excite me. He is definitely direct with pace. Thought he was unlucky a few times with not being able to get the ball out of his feet. I'm not worried about him and think he'll be good for us.

20 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Willem II we done did we not?

Can’t actually remember what the score was.

Forgot about that game tbh 😂 

Quite a number of the away qualifiers under Gerrard were dire to watch.

If someone offered me £1m to rewatch the Schupi, Osijek and Progres games I would decline.

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

I think the issue a lot of our fans have is they under estimate the level of some of these lesser European teams. 

Servette are comfortably better than any other team in our league apart from them. They put out a Genk team who were at the top of the Belgian league at the end of the regular season last year (before the split).

If tonight was a league game it would be deemed as a tricky one and all about getting 3 points. We controlled the game, created a few chances and limited them to very little and got the job done (any home victory is a decent result without away goals rule).

But for some reason there is an expectancy that we should be hammering these lesser teams in Europe when that's just not how it works. 

Performance wasn't great, and I'd have liked us to go for it a bit more when they had 10 men, but some of the reactions are a bit OTT.

They were awful let’s be honest.