We’re absolutely fucking shite

GOAT

I'm not sure about our squad, it really doesn't look great. 

The balance of the team looks off. Too slow, almost soulless... Seem to lack spirit. Not enough guile, conjuring up something from nothing, driving themselves forward. 

Tav and barasic are both running on fumes and it's only the start of the season. This is going to be a massive issue if the tactics are fundamentally based on them owning the two wings. Tav for me has very clearly peaked... Really unfair to call him shite, he's tried his best for this club he's just now declining as a player. Barasic as well tries, he's just going to keep coming up short. 

Lammers, dessers and danilo do not seem a good forward three. Certainly a significant downgrade from an in-form Kent, aribo, hagi,  morelos etc of a short while ago. 

Cifuentes looks a player from the brief spell he was on. 

Sima, I'd say fairly certain already he'll be a loan in and out without doing much.  

9 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I'm not 100% convinced Beale is the right man but the meltdown over last nights performance is mental from some. 

Kilmarnock i get, but last night was a marked improvement. 

It was an improvement, but at the same time it was the same old story we’ve had for 5 years.

Haven't read every post so if already mentioned apologies, that's 6 games we've played and scored 2 decent goals from open play, that to me is a worrying stat, the first half last night was ok, the second was back to our predictable boring football. Sincerely hope things change for the better soon.

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Forgot about that game tbh 😂 

Quite a number of the away qualifiers under Gerrard were dire to watch.

If someone offered me £1m to rewatch the Schupi, Osijek and Progres games I would decline.

I remember being quite worried before that game as they had a few players that were highly rated as up and comers and we trounced them.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

It was an improvement, but at the same time it was the same old story we’ve had for 5 years.

It was, and that's why i'm not 100% convinced yet. 

We tried to show a little more invention at times though, and while we still predominantly went down the sides to Borna and Tav, there were signs for me that we tried adding a little bit more at times. 

I think once the players click we'll be alright.

Just now, RFC55 said:

Thought we had some nice moves but then players were playing a pass and others never read what was happening. That should sort itself out over the next few weeks when players learn each others movements and where they’re likely to be 

Dessers stopping when a throughball was played springs to mind there. 

That was purely down to the players not being familiar with how each other plays. (Though he should have taken the risk anyway). 

8 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Dessers stopping when a throughball was played springs to mind there. 

That was purely down to the players not being familiar with how each other plays. (Though he should have taken the risk anyway). 

He looks an intelligent player. Once him and Danilo are fully on the same wavelength I think they’ll score a bundle together.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

See of all the things said, writing off Danilo is fucking beyond belief :lol: 

First start, and if you can't score then work hard for the team. 

The guy put in a shift and a half. Not sure how some can't see that. 

I think once he's settled into the team we've got a really good player there.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

First start, and if you can't score then work hard for the team. 

The guy put in a shift and a half. Not sure how some can't see that. 

I think once he's settled into the team we've got a really good player there.

He really impressed me off the ball, as did Lammers for most part

Our press will terrorise teams once everyone’s upto speed

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We never even gave a manager that got to a European final and won the Scottish cup 4 windows :lol:, there’s not a chance if we’re in the same position domestically as last season that he survives, and rightly so

Am no saying he should survive but I think he does. I think getting rid of GVB was admitting we got that appointment wrong. 

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Am no saying he should survive but I think he does. I think getting rid of GVB was admitting we got that appointment wrong. 

Gio probably needed the clean sweep that Beale has been afforded. 

It's a strange one as he won a trophy and got us to a major European cup final, so on one hand that's a success. 

The style of play and eventual league and Champions League results were a disaster though, and i apportion some of that blame to a few players in a squad that had chucked it. 

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Alex McLeish was hounded out because we went ten competitive games without a win. You are losing your shit over a few meaningless pre season games, one bad loss and a win where the performance was disjointed.

That's six games of at best mediocracy, maybe you're no concerned but I definitely am, as I said on another post two half decent goals from open play, a worry. 

19 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Said this last night and I’ll say it again.  Sick of reading people on here and social media defending our performances.  Some of our whole supports attitude since 2012 has changed completely and too many want to accept mediocrity.  We’ve won two trophies in a fucking decade.  Beale was commenting on some of our performances from last season, saying we played well under him at times.  That would be another season we won absolutely fuck all in, pure mediocrity.  Alex Mcleish was hounded out of here (and rightly so btw….) despite winning two league titles, two Scottish cups, three league cups and last 16 appearance in the CL.  Where’s the support from then that had fucking standards?   Why have you let your standards fucking drop to this pish?  If you accept it, your part of the problem.  

It's not about defending performances really , it's about realising that bedding in this amount of players is going to take longer than a week of competitive football. If we're still playing like the second half and the Killie game in a month or two I doubt many will be disagreeing.