*****The Offical Rangers v Livingston Match Thread*****

Butland 

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic

Lundstram

Cifuentes Raskin

Hagi

Roofe Dessers

Cantwell was struggling at the end of the game in midweek, Hagi and Roofe have been out for a while with injuries but as shown with Souttar only way to get match fitness back is by playing so get them as many minutes as possible.

9 minutes ago, ayro said:

Butland 

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic

Lundstram

Cifuentes Raskin

Hagi

Roofe Dessers

Cantwell was struggling at the end of the game in midweek, Hagi and Roofe have been out for a while with injuries but as shown with Souttar only way to get match fitness back is by playing so get them as many minutes as possible.

Terrible team

Cantwell was MOTM and Lundstram 🙄

4 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

I feel the criticism of tav is unfair.

Defensively yes he isn’t the best but going forward he is one of our better players and his numbers over the years prove that.

Unfortunately for him the majority of his team mates don’t perform well and we turn to our RB to do wonders. We won’t know what we have lost with tav until he leaves imo.

Going forward he is miles away from being one of our better players, playing worse than Barisic. History should never come into it, for well over a year he has looked slow, his passing woeful and hits aimless crosses from deep. 

It's Livi at home, time to bring in the new blood and get that right wing going again.

49 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Terrible team

Cantwell was MOTM and Lundstram 🙄

Thanks.

If you had bothered to read the post then you would have seen why Cantwell isn’t there as he took a heavy knock in midweek, would be delighted to see him on Saturday but let’s see what MB says in his press conference.

Until Lundstram leaves, he’s part of the squad and should be used.

5 minutes ago, ayro said:

Thanks.

If you had bothered to read the post then you would have seen why Cantwell isn’t there as he took a heavy knock in midweek, would be delighted to see him on Saturday but let’s see what MB says in his press conference.

McCrorie is part of the squad why is he not in your team?

And you would rest arguably our best player?

nuts 

don’t get me started on a player that’s played a handful of minutes in a year waltzing in too

nuts I tell you

Whether right or left back i’m not sure why folk think Sterling is the answer whilst we exclusively rely on the full backs for width.

Sterling himself has said that isn’t his strength.

We all piss and moan about Tav and Borna but the likelihood is we’ll still be relying on them to be our ‘creativity’ and that itself is the problem.

Will be another struggle tomorrow with us trying to break down the low block. My hope is we try and vary our attacks by getting to the byline, firing in low crosses, taking shots instead of trying to walk it in to the net. We know how Livingston will play as they’ll pack the box and give us space out wide to just fire it in to 6/7 6ft plus defenders just to head it away. I reckon it’ll be a nervy 1-0.

You'd like to think that they now know completely what to expect and that they need to play smarter to break down the defence. I'd happily change a few but I think the attackers need to gel together and get time in real match settings. Plus some will just play regardless like Lundstram cause Jack wont be able to play 3 games in a week and god forbid if we need Lundstram in Switzerland 

Butland

Tavernier Goldson Souttar Barisic

Raskin Lundstram Cantwell

Lammers

Dessers Danilo

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Going forward he is miles away from being one of our better players, playing worse than Barisic. History should never come into it, for well over a year he has looked slow, his passing woeful and hits aimless crosses from deep. 

It's Livi at home, time to bring in the new blood and get that right wing going again.

You’re saying that because he has been so good the last few years, that’s my point. It isn’t just tav who should be performing week in week out like everyone expects him to. 

1 hour ago, ayro said:

Thanks.

Aye Cantwell was struggling towards the end. Dunno if it was a dead leg and he’ll shake it off.

But wouldn’t be surprised if he’s left out for Tuesday

38 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Whether right or left back i’m not sure why folk think Sterling is the answer whilst we exclusively rely on the full backs for width.

Sterling himself has said that isn’t his strength.

We all piss and moan about Tav and Borna but the likelihood is we’ll still be relying on them to be our ‘creativity’ and that itself is the problem.

Tav isn't the answer either. more forgivable against Servette.

But, His fullbacks don't suit what Beale wants to do.