The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

5 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

It just dosen’t matter and means nothing. The important stats at this club are results and trophies . 

No disagreeing there. Goals decide games.  And points and silverware come from finishing and defending, both of which we're badly failing with given we creste more chances and gift fewer chances than everyone else. As he says.

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think it was just stuff I missed not fully paying attention yesterday.

Fair dos.

Watching the presser I didn't have the impression he was delusional, defensive, cocky or scapegoating.

Reading the way the Sun have written it up, there's elements of each of those.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

When you sign strikers with garbage scoring records and have defenders who have showed continually in past that they can’t defend then that’s always going to happen.

And his neck is rightly on the line for it.

But is he wrong to say we're creating chances our forwards dont take, or denying chances on the whole but keep fucking up with ones we do?

Playing Danilo and dropping Souttar might solve issues at both ends.

53 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So he's factually correct but you're going to spin facts with opinion?

He's literally saying we're creating chances and should be scoring more, and denying many teams chances and should be conceding less.

I'm all in for criticising our almost non existent style of play. But he IS factually correct and his players including new signings will cost him his job unless they sort this particular aspect he's talking about.

I'll bet plenty who are raging and calling it the "we took most shots" cup weren't even aware of the stats. It's just another opportunity to slate him for anything he says, even when he's correct.

Depends how you view the stats. He’s spinning it one way, and others are doing the opposite. 

Poor conversion rate, and poor defending. Or creating chances, and limiting chances. Or recruited badly and failed to address a key issue. Or unlucky at both ends. 

Ultimately all that matters is winning, and he isn’t no matter what stats he pulls. 

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Honestly can't believe he's still here :lol:

Feels like the end of season lull after being out the title race for months and everybody's just choking for the summer to come so it's over. 

Except its the 16th of September... 

I know it's mental really. Only 4 games in, genuinely could easily recover and romp the league but it just feels like turmoil 

13 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I know it's mental really. Only 4 games in, genuinely could easily recover and romp the league but it just feels like turmoil 

Yeah it honestly is, but it's just the fact that we have looked absolutely clueless in just about every single game even including a game against Morton at Ibrox.

What genuinely baffles me concerning Beale and our tactics/identify as a side is he actually had us at times playing some decent stuff which gave me hope that he knew where he was going

The two victories through at Tynecastle & Easter Rd were two massive performances where we created bucket loads of chances in both games, I genuinely thought to myself if he can get the best out this bunch then he will do well with his own players 

The problem I see is that he hasn't replaced like for like positions with upgrades ie bring in better quality in the wide areas to replace Kent & Sakala, he clearly thinks Dessers is a substitute for Morelos when playing 1 up top.....I have no problem with any manager wanting to put his stamp on his brand and In doing so let him bring in his own players

It now just feels he has these players but is shoehorning them into positions in order to give them a game.....with the players we have I cannot fathom out why he doesn't try the old fashioned 442....especially in Scotland, try Danilo & Roofe up top, I'd persevere with Matondo on the left side of midfield, we then have 3 places to fill from Raskin, Lawrence, Lundstram, Jack, Cifuentes, Lammers & Sima, I would be inclined to go Raskin, Lawrence & Lammers, bear in mind this is St Johnstone we are playing, absolutely no need for two holding midfielders, I would genuinely curb Tav & Borna from marauding up the park let Lawrence & Lammers get a feel for each other and when we are trying to be direct we use Matondos pace.....no doubt I will see one up top, two holding midfielders....Tav doing as he pleases and no cohesion in the final third

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Really?

Is this such a big negative?

He's literally saying we're creating chances and should be finishing more. We're denying chances and shouldn't be conceding as many of the ones we do. It's stats he's given to say elements are right but crucial elements of our play are failing. And that now the players being new can't be an excuse they need to deliver.

We do keep missing sitters. Too many of our goals against have came from errors. As much as our style is non existent and I want him gone, to me this seems a cheap attack by many on something I actually agree with.

This is a recurring issue for years. We've always had a high output of chances but little return in comparison. It's an attack because he has nothing else. It's straw clutching of the highest order 

4 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Is 3 points n up the road enough for everyone?

Papered cracks for me.

I’ll be honest, away from home I’ll accept a large number of ground out victories across the season without too much complaint. Without being good to watch we were never in any real danger of dropping points today. 

However when it then comes to home games I expect Rangers more often than not to go out and show the gulf in quality between us and the rest of the league through result AND performance.