The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Can I ask; where are you getting your confidence from?

I’m genuinely interested to know what you are seeing in our management and team that we’ll go and win a trophy.

Because the only team that would be favourites to beat us are knocked out. We have Livi at home and the semi and final are at Hampden and not on some shite plastic away pitch. We’re still levels above the remaining teams, just some fans being a bit dramatic. 

The league is a different story because we have to accumulate more points than celtic. Not confident at all we can win the title.

17 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Because the only team that would be favourites to beat us are knocked out. We have Livi at home and the semi and final are at Hampden and not on some shite plastic away pitch. We’re still levels above the remaining teams, just some fans being a bit dramatic. 

The league is a different story because we have to accumulate more points than celtic. Not confident at all we can win the title.

Dramatic :lol: 

8 hours ago, MillerTimeDavie said:

Any dropped points before the next internationals and he should be out on his arse

We're now without our 2 best midfielders and arguably our best striker for the next run of games. Really can't see how we're going to improve on what we've seen so far this season without them and I fully expect a bad result or 2 along the way. 

The injuries might just be used as an excuse to keep him in the job though unfortunately. 

28 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

We're now without our 2 best midfielders and arguably our best striker for the next run of games. Really can't see how we're going to improve on what we've seen so far this season without them and I fully expect a bad result or 2 along the way. 

The injuries might just be used as an excuse to keep him in the job though unfortunately. 

Must be in a bad way if raskin is seen as one of our best midfielders 

16 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Would both cups, post Christmas European football and running them close in the league but finishing 2nd be enough to keep him in the job?

Or is a minimum of a league and league cup win needed?

Who wants him out at the end of the season even if we do the above?

I don't see the point in imagining these hypotheticals - let's focus on reality and what he has done and judge him on that. By every measure he has been a failure, in the league, in the cups, in Europe, in recruitment, in tactics.

That is the basis to act, not wishful thinking - you'd be as well buying lottery tickets with all your money than save it or put it in a pension with that thinking.

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Met Warnock at Glasgow airport when McCoist was making a cunt of it as manager and I asked if he was up here to take over.

Just laughed it off but I’d have been delighted to have him in the dug out at that time.

We'd have been exponentially better when Warburton was sacked with him as opposed to the 18 months of shite we got with Caixinha and Murtymania 

6 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

What else is it? We haven’t been great but it’s not the CL ffs. celtic are out. No tricky away ties left. We are heavy favourites. Those are the facts.

League is a different story. 

7 out of our last 11 cup exits we've been knocked out by a team not named celtic. In fact half the current SPFL has knocked us out a cup in the last 5/6 years. Motherwell, Aberdeen x2, Hearts, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Hibs. 

We've played 11 times at Hampden in that time winning 4 games. 6 of those 11 were against the rest and we've only won 3. We beat Hearts twice (2019 & 2022) and Aberdeen last year. We've lost to Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs at Hampen since 2017.

Those are the facts and why people are not so confident about us winning this League Cup.

Combine that with our less than stellar cup performances under Beale. We've huffed and puffed against Partick, Raith, Aberdeen and Morton winning every game marginally.

17 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

7 out of our last 11 cup exits we've been knocked out by a team not named celtic. In fact half the current SPFL has knocked us out a cup in the last 5/6 years. Motherwell, Aberdeen x2, Hearts, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Hibs. 

We've played 11 times at Hampden in that time winning 4 games. 6 of those 11 were against the rest and we've only won 3. We beat Hearts twice (2019 & 2022) and Aberdeen last year. We've lost to Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs at Hampen since 2017.

Those are the facts and why people are not so confident about us winning this League Cup.

Combine that with our less than stellar cup performances under Beale. We've huffed and puffed against Partick, Raith, Aberdeen and Morton winning every game marginally.

Sobering