The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

22 minutes ago, JWAC said:

Loved what he just said right now, I'll try and paraphrase.

Reporter said with injuries we're starting to look a bit light in midfield. Beale replied we also have Bailey Rice who's more than able to step up to this level and he only turns 17 next month with a lot more to come from him.

I've slagged Beale a lot but if we do have youth that can get into the team he sounds like he's going to play them.

doesnt matter if hes 17 he cant play in europe till hes 18

Maybe Beale having less options available may suit him. Though he could have played Dessers or Lammers he was almost forced into tonights team. The most balanced we've looked all season.

The attitude all round was much better too.Hopefully this is something to push us on.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

At this present moment it does.

You were also one of the posters who gave us no chance against Betis.

at the present it does not, one win does not make a season and one win in a dismal season should not help a manager keep his job more so if hes the Rangers manager

hes very lucky that we are home for the next 5/6 domestic games and the teams visiting expect to get beat and that'll take us into the new year and the board will give him the season sadly that'll mean for us to finish second again and again next season after this ineffectual board sticks by him

43 minutes ago, Wafflesniffer said:

Sums it up for me.

Great result tonight, but still far from convinced we'll do anything with him in charge.

the second half has give me a little glimmer of hope, maybe the players can take confidence in that and kick on and leave that shite behind. 

1 minute ago, Rowley Birkin said:

at the present it does not, one win does not make a season and one win in a dismal season should not help a manager keep his job more so if hes the Rangers manager

hes very lucky that we are home for the next 5/6 domestic games and the teams visiting expect to get beat and that'll take us into the new year and the board will give him the season sadly that'll mean for us to finish second again and again next season after this ineffectual board sticks by him

Boring!!

9 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Maybe Beale having less options available may suit him. Though he could have played Dessers or Lammers he was almost forced into tonights team. The most balanced we've looked all season.

The attitude all round was much better too.Hopefully this is something to push us on.

I think he’s guilty of the whole it’s not a first eleven it’s a squad game pish and overthinks formations and selection.

He needs to simplify it and play a consistent formation and selection to get them into a confident rhythm, then start tweaking here and there.

Tbh clean sheets make a huge difference, we just need to kick it on for these next 3 home games.

48 minutes ago, JWAC said:

Loved what he just said right now, I'll try and paraphrase.

Reporter said with injuries we're starting to look a bit light in midfield. Beale replied we also have Bailey Rice who's more than able to step up to this level and he only turns 17 next month with a lot more to come from him.

I've slagged Beale a lot but if we do have youth that can get into the team he sounds like he's going to play them.

but Lowrie?

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

We played better tonight but first half was not great I'm just happy with the win.

Agreed.

I’ll be frank, I was dreading that tonight and my posts earlier show that. Tonight’s about the positives.

Absolutely loved that feeling tonight during the Bouncy.

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Got his tactics and selection spot on.

Basically went back to the Gerrard / Gio 433 that’s brought us so much success in Europe. We were still pretty disjointed at times, and both sides lacked any real quality, but better. Deserved the win. 

Big problem is, if he’s realised his strange narrow nae wingers system doesn’t work and has canned it - he’s now left himself with Sima, Matondo and Scott Wright as his only wide players until Jan at the earliest. Highlights what a shambles he’s made of the window. 

We played 4-2-3-1 tonight