The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

Deserves credit for tonight. Thought he might be too stuck in his ways to change or too arrogant to do so, but thought today he nailed it in terms of starting 11 and formation. 

Hopefully we never see the 3 defensive midfield shape again. And keep playing to the players strengths. 
Also don’t need to see Roofe playing as a CAM or Lawrence out wide, same with Lammers. 

10 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

well according to a poster on here rice cant play in europe till hes 18

Rice can play in Europe at any time if he's included in the squad.

He doesn't count for B list (playing without being registered) until he's had two years at the club. Think that would be 30 June 2024.

Felt the Beale out patter has been premature at best. Still, after the OF (even though we didnt deserve to lose it) felt he had to put a string of wins together domestically, especially with the upcoming 4 or 5 games. Didnt expect much tonight tbh and not a game felt he should of been judged on had we lost. Turned in a fantastic performance tonight and deserves credit, now to go on a winning streak domestically. 

Even Lammers, who I have been very vocal about being pish put in a performance tonight, lad actually looked hungry and up for it. Hold out hope signings are still settling and will come good. 

35 minutes ago, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

Felt the Beale out patter has been premature at best. Still, after the OF (even though we didnt deserve to lose it) felt he had to put a string of wins together domestically, especially with the upcoming 4 or 5 games. Didnt expect much tonight tbh and not a game felt he should of been judged on had we lost. Turned in a fantastic performance tonight and deserves credit, now to go on a winning streak domestically. 

Even Lammers, who I have been very vocal about being pish put in a performance tonight, lad actually looked hungry and up for it. Hold out hope signings are still settling and will come good. 

why not?

29 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

why not?

Why we didnt deserve to lose the OF, or you meaning something else? Roofes goal which from what I understand is down to an interpretation of a rule. Few big chances that weren't taken, like Lammers open net. Went the way it did, absolutely deserved a draw as minimum, but sometimes results give you less than you deserve.

1 hour ago, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

It’s a good result and he deserves credit for it, but we’re still at the stage where if we drop points domestically he’ll be sacked. 

2 hours ago, Worlds_Most_Successful_Team said:

Of course we deserved to lose it ffs

Cringe as fuck

38 minutes ago, SPWF said:

It’s a good result and he deserves credit for it, but we’re still at the stage where if we drop points domestically he’ll be sacked. 

Agree with you performances need to pick up domestically. Killie was a kick in the baws and a shite performance. They played like a typical McInnes side which we have struggled against for years, still shite and should be beating them. The taigs getting pumped out the cup by them a couple weeks later think puts a bit of perspective on it, they're in form and clearly well set up for teams like us. Granted should still beat them. Other performances have been horrendous but ground out wins taigs aside.

Tonight. big performance. Levels above what we have seen. Hopefully the squad and new players build on it. Domestically next few games are must wins.

I hope this can be the night where it finally starts to click and we get fully behind this manager and team. 

As heart&hand said he spoke really well after the game would've been easy to get a little carried away after a good result like that tonight. Instead it was focus on Sunday and continue winning the confidence of the fans back because we got the message loud and clear a few weeks ago. 

Motherwell Livingston Aberdeen 3 home games that'll go a long way in deciding if we have really started to turn the corner or if a new manager will be required.

Great result last night, very good 2nd half performance.

Our ongoing problem will and always will be that the current attacking players are nowhere near good enough, and it was still evident last night despite the result. 

Beale's job is to make it to January with a cohesive system and style that makes the best of the situation, and bring in hopefully two new wingers to the club. We can hopefully then give it a good go with Roofe/Danilo up front, Cantwell/Lawrence in behind and 2 new players on either side. Will probably end up getting only one but we'll see. Pushing the boat out for a proper quality winger in January will make a massive difference.

He needed that.

That's the one fixture before the next international break that I didn't expect us to get a win. If we can win the remaining ones, and we certainly need to domestically, he'll go a long way towards shutting me up. It's in his hands and I hope he does.

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Felt to me like he ditched his nonsense tactics and went back to our tried and tested in Europe and it worked. 

Hope he doesn’t go back to the narrow style at the weekend. Width in the team, playing with pace and we’re good. 

Might need to as Sima, Matondo and Wright are our only wingers. Can’t rotate at all.

Was madness how he’s spent his transfer kitty and his original formation plan. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Might need to as Sima, Matondo and Wright are our only wingers. Can’t rotate at all.

Was madness how he’s spent his transfer kitty and his original formation plan. 

Mate give it at least 24 hours - nothing but negative comments from you after a good win.