Dessers

BigBearButt

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Not exactly a well rounded player, but I think it's fair to say he's not completely useless either.

I think his movement is actually really good, he just doesn't have the pace to take advantage at times. His finishing seems to go from really rubbish to really good. 

Bit of a messy player, but he'll have sufficient good moments to contribute a decent amount. I think he could prove to be a decent as a back-up striker. 

Agree with almost all of this post but he's a starter for me.

If we could go back in time I think he would be awesome with a partner up top in a Walter 4-4-2.

Just now, The Godfather said:

He's rotten but that's goal at the end should have stood for me, level at worst from what I seen and was a great finish.

But aye he's never good enough to lead the line for Rangers. 

Think it's near impossible for anybody to say either way tbh. And I include the VAR team in that. Not convinced the VAR lines work in situations like that when you're taking them from such a far camera angle and lining up lines from shoulder height.

Think everybody is guessing, although that probably does mean if you can't tell then it should stand 

Same with Danilo and Morelos in the past but a lot of it is what they want to do when they're on the park.

When Dessers wants to get involved, come deep and drift wide the rest of the team benefits and we're seeing more and more of that. Technically he's not great but he can be a nuisance and bring and work others into the game.

Still far off from thinking he's the main man but as the games go on and more work goes on I'm working round to him being one of our 3 strikers which wasn't the case 4-6 weeks ago.

30 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Said it in another thread he played his part in Cantwells goal gave the motherwell player a wee push that opened up the space for Cantwells shot. Without the push the Motherwell player more than likely blocks the shot. Think he’s a cleverer player than giving credit for but really needs to hold his line better. 

Know where you're coming from but think that's harsh. Strikers should play on the edge and both offside decisions were close, especially the 2nd one.

9 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Know where you're coming from but think that's harsh. Strikers should play on the edge and both offside decisions were close, especially the 2nd one.

On reflection mate he’s probably just been a bit unlucky with the second offside.  Definitely been unlucky with a few decisions going against him with us. 

Im starting to like him again tbh still has a few horrors in him though and could have gave well a penalty near the end but aye I feel he’s improving game by game 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

On reflection mate he’s probably just been a bit unlucky with the second offside.  Definitely been unlucky with a few decisions going against him with us. 

Im starting to like him again tbh still has a few horrors in him though and got could have gave well a penalty near the end but aye I feel he’s improving game by game 

Obviously we need better but right now he's our best striker IMO. That's with everyone fit BTW. I'm old-school same as yourself but would like to see Dessers and Danilo up front in a 4-4-2. They compliment each other so well.

39 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Offside is offside mate. He’s quite brainless. We need better. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

He's rotten but that's goal at the end should have stood for me, level at worst from what I seen and was a great finish.

But aye he's never good enough to lead the line for Rangers. 

So his goal should have stood which would have made it 7 in 11 under Clement plus he bagged another assist yet he’s ‘rotten’ and still ’no good enough’?

The two biggest issues I have with Dessers is his constant silly fouls. He must concede about five per game and let's face it, we are claiming for a penalty in that incident.

And secondly, his hold-up play is terrible. If you compare it to Shankland's hold up play, it's night and day.

20 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The two biggest issues I have with Dessers is his constant silly fouls. He must concede about five per game and let's face it, we are claiming for a penalty in that incident.

And secondly, his hold-up play is terrible. If you compare it to Shankland's hold up play, it's night and day.

It's pretty clearly been shown it's not a penalty mate. 

Really isn't reasonable to criticise him him for stuff he hasn't done.

5 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

He’s pish 

Well, I’d rather have a pish player scoring what should have been his 7th in 11 games than a really good player scoring 4 as goals tend to win games. 

Obviously I’d prefer to have a really good player scoring 7 (or more) in 11 but we don’t any of those in the squad.