Dessers

BigBearButt

22 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Almost certainly going to be the same few posters that have been slower on the uptake re Dessers that are going to deflect from their poor judgement by suggesting so. Not angry to see you on that list, just disappointed. 

At least he's no annoyed you mate 

5 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Improved a lot but would still hope he's moved on in the summer

Win win for us. He does us a turn and prospective buyers will see numbers that look decent so should be some demand there.

2 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

He's a limited player and will frustrate the hell out of us at times but no doubt he will have a decent return by the end of the season.

That could have been said about Colak, Sakala, Morelos, even Itten (had he been given more of a chance).

Its the fee paid which is the issue for most on here, when it comes to assessing Dessers: it colours folk's judgment slightly. And Dessers wasn't in control of the transfer fee. 

Doesn't really matter if he's seen as hopeless (i personally don't hold that view). If he's on course for scoring 19 goals and 12 assists in his debut season (1/5th of which would have been played under the Beale disaster) then that's a pretty good return and places him on a par with most of the non-hopeless strikers we've had over the years.

He's also mentally robust if he can play with a smile on his face/score whilst getting roasted off the fans most of the time, which is exactly the type of character we need in the dressing room as opposed to someone taking the huff or completely disappearing on the pitch. For all his faults, he gets back on the horse straight away every single time he falls off it.

Based on what i've seen of Silva so far, I'd rather have Dessers leading the line.

I dont think it helps that him and Lammers were brought in for decent money around the same in the same window for broadly the same fee. Both under performing at the start led to the 'they're both shite' narrative and, by association, when one played poorly they both got it in the neck on social media. ie 'Lammers was shite again, him and Dessers are pish'  when Dessers has actually played well. 

Anyway, just me thoughts on the matter. 

As good as his goal was, his missed chance with the 1v1 in the final minutes just completely sums him up for me.  Some games you wont get many chances like that, I want to see our main striker burying the easy ones first and foremost.  

Still, nice to see the big man get some praise for once hope he rattles 5 in on Sat.

5 minutes ago, Stunels said:

As good as his goal was, his missed chance with the 1v1 in the final minutes just completely sums him up for me.  Some games you wont get many chances like that, I want to see our main striker burying the easy ones first and foremost.  

Still, nice to see the big man get some praise for once hope he rattles 5 in on Sat.

just wait for Dessers double in Dublin 💪💪

you can save this post 😎

7 minutes ago, Stunels said:

No striker scores every opportunity they are presented with.

First folk complained because he didn't score, now folk are complaining because he didn't score 2 in a game. Now that's progress :)

27 minutes ago, beararse said:

No striker scores every opportunity they are presented with.

First folk complained because he didn't score, now folk are complaining because he didn't score 2 in a game. Now that's progress :)

No strikers score all - but good strikers score most!

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I watched his press conference from last night and honestly if it wasn’t for the fact I’ve had to see him attempt to control a ball, I’d like him a lot more than I do 

He’s a thoroughly likeable guy , always speaks positively and has a smile on his face. Those sorts of personalities are massive in the dressing room

I felt exactly the same about Fashion.

3 hours ago, Stunels said:

No strikers score all - but good strikers score most!

Aye, we can afford those strikers that convert ‘most’ shots.

And by ‘most’ I assume you mean less than a third?

Including friendlies, Erling Haaland scored 60 goals last season. His conversion rate was 33.9% so even he doesn’t score with ‘most’ of his shots.

3 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

You have to admire the sheer level of disrespect in some of those goals, there's a chance he could score a goal against the scum for the ages.

As said above it's the fee at his age that sticks.

But on a sheer goal front, if I can forgive Fashion for having pinball flippers for feet but being weirdly effective in the SPFL, I can forgive Dessers for taking longer to tee up a shot than Bernhard Langer, or occasionally missing targets by 90 degrees.

🤣🤣🤣