Steven Davis: Interim Manager

Broxi

4 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Hmm wouldnt have been my choice as interim manager, for me you need someone with a strong voice and capable of making a few what could be seen as difficult decisions and I do not see Davis doing that. Davis will do what he is told to do by others. Even when he was captain he was a bit of a mouse. 

Talking about captains if he wants to make a statement straight away he should remove the captaincy from Tav immediately and give it to Butland. I like Tav as a player but he is never a captain, he needs to focus on his own game as well.

You don’t play at the level Davis has for club and country if you don’t have a bit of steel about you.

Because you’ve never seen him shout at folk or take a flakey doesn’t mean he’s a yes man or a mouse,what utter shite.

The role of captain is vastly overrated,you want as many players on the park to take a bit of responsibility as possible.

5 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Hmm wouldnt have been my choice as interim manager, for me you need someone with a strong voice and capable of making a few what could be seen as difficult decisions and I do not see Davis doing that. Davis will do what he is told to do by others. Even when he was captain he was a bit of a mouse. 

Sorry but that is rubbish.

You don't become captain of both Club and Country for as many games as he has by being quiet and doing what he's told to by others.

21 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Sorry but that is rubbish.

You don't become captain of both Club and Country for as many games as he has by being quiet and doing what he's told to by others.

I think it’s safe to say that Davis was relatively quiet as a captain. He certainly wasn’t the kind of captain who would shout and scream at players on the pitch. That doesn’t mean he didn’t communicate well on the pitch, though. And up till now, of course, he’ll have done what he was told.

Davis for me is at least familiar with all that we stand for as a huge Club .... and Rae is of the same metal.

I wish them all the best and hope they make a go of their interim appointments .... but I am under no illusions they are anywhere near what we really need to get back to the top.

I also haven't a clue who would be the best candidate going forward.

🇬🇧

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I like that he’s called out that he knows what the players strengths are, so hopefully we’ll see players utilised properly over the next few games

That's the part that hit out most. Hopefully it's not just chat and he has an idea of what he'd like to do with them!

Do agree that many of us will be torn.

For the sake of the season and him personally you want him to do as well as possible, but also worry he will get the rest of the season or longer.

Saying that, if he gets at least a double would it be that bad?

This might not matter if a fulltime replacement is imminent, but not overly confident the board are that organised.

3 minutes ago, Redemption80 said:

Do agree that many of us will be torn.

For the sake of the season and him personally you want him to do as well as possible, but also worry he will get the rest of the season or longer.

Saying that, if he gets at least a double would it be that bad?

This might not matter if a fulltime replacement is imminent, but not overly confident the board are that organised.

No chance he’ll get the job from here but could see him being involved with the new setup in some way with a view to him taking the role in the future (assuming it’s not a disastrous few weeks)

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Doesn’t sound like he’s just in for a couple of games based on that interview]

2m25s……‘it’s a short term approach at this minute in time’.

maybe reading too much into it but that sounds like the door is open.