***** The Official Aris Limassol v Rangers Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

5 minutes ago, delparlane said:

This was my biggest fear when David was appointed to lead in the interim - love the guy to bits, but he’s just too damn nice. This squad needs a steam powered boot to their collective baws, and I don’t have faith that Steven is capable of doing that.

Actually what they need is to be booted into touch. Maybe Davo can ring up Der Hammer and see if he can drop in to cover that.

You’d hope Rae would be doing a bit of that 

57 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That’s a great point.

Toys out the pram because their boss left or in Beales case sacked.

I've said before I think a good manager can turn this around but that sums these cunts up. Easy to pass the buck when there's no manager in charge. Utter shitebags. 

Also missed it due to work, but might have been for the best.

I'm fully expecting it to get worse before it gets better so not overly surprised at tonight.

Would like a manager in that has no connection to these players and is willing to be ruthless, but picking the best players could likely mean they pick the exact same players until at least January but more likely next season.

I would have accepted a draw against that diddy team tonight considering the circumstances.

They went Kamikaze for goals and beat us. Hardly creative tactics. They showed more bottle and ran at us. 

We were by far the better team on paper. I am fucking livid!!! Hardly any shots on target, schoolboy defending and absolutely devoid of creativity. 

Sad day when you think the majority of your players are cowards. Hurts me to say that, but who played as a Ranger tonight? Short fucking list! 

I know our players aren't all Bears, but have some professional pride FFS!

I won't get into slagging individual players . I'd be here all night.

Sickens by the that some just turn up for the game and get the piss ripped out of them by a team who have played a handful of games in Europe. 

Zero integrity imo.

Past angry now. Totally disallusioned.

Beale has left a total mess for our next manager. Yet another setback for us.

We need to bring in a manager who will inspire and develop players. 

It's our only hope.

36 minutes ago, josmc said:

We’re a fucking laughing stock. Anger had turned into apathy for me for the past few weeks, but I was spewing again after watching that shite tonight. A bunch of fucking imposters who looked like they weren’t even interested. Check Lundstrum for the second goal, gives the ball away then makes a half arsed attempt at chasing the guy. Whoever takes over this bunch of serial losers has my sympathy. How did it get to this, fucking club needs gutted from top to bottom. 

It’s almost getting easier because you know it’s coming. I’m watching that tonight at 2 down and it’s totally expected. No shock if we lose on Sunday either - St Mirren are 13/2 - I’d have them as favourites 
The mess this club is in is as bad as it gets and we are stuck like this for the foreseeable 

32 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Aww FFS! What’s going on with the club? Weak piss yet again. Howling stuff from Davis there! 

Steven Davis has never exactly had a confrontational personality. No chance he would pull this bunch of wasters into shape. Look at the pre-match press conference with that overhyped pile of shit Tavernier sitting next to him  No respect and going through the motions. End this failed experiment now. Get Craig Moore and Barry Fergusson in their to kick shit out of this bunch of wasters.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Davis thought players “put a lot of energy” into that game.

1 hour ago, delparlane said:

This was my biggest fear when David was appointed to lead in the interim - love the guy to bits, but he’s just too damn nice. This squad needs a steam powered boot to their collective baws, and I don’t have faith that Steven is capable of doing that.

Actually what they need is to be booted into touch. Maybe Davo can ring up Der Hammer and see if he can drop in to cover that.

We got what we wanted - Beale sacked. This is the result of that, as hard as it may be to stomach. Think of it as the cost of change.

Davis is a placeholder, not a manager.

Whoever comes is has a lot of big decisions. However given we have no DOF and no bridge between the football department and the boardroom it will be a miracle if we get the guy we need to perform a miracle. We need a huge appointment here (not by name, by result)