*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Thread*****

15 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

I am not saying that there should be no reaper cushions (copyright Kerrydale Street) for the horrendous performances against the Filth, Sheepie & Co, God knows the team and MB copped every bit of criticism they deserved, what I am saying is that just for today, after delivering a much needed result at the end of a horrific week, we should give a wee bit, just a wee bit of support to the players for producing a result that gives us a bit of breathing room to get a Boss in and to try and start to sort out the mess we find ourselves in. I am not suggesting for a single second that todays result makes everything hunky dory, far from it, I am suggesting that we just lay off the vitriol for a wee while now that MB is gone and give the new guy some sort of chance to make something out of the squad. 

The squad is littered with the same individuals who have let us down regardless of manager in the dugout verging on 5 to 8 seasons now bar one domestically 

If they want to see the Vitriol and criticisms die down then start delivering consistent league results and delivering trophies

Whoever takes this job must utilise the young talent we have…

King, Rice, Lovelace, McCausland should play a part this season. All 4 are talented boys and their energy and enthusiasm are a breath of fresh air to us… McCauslands post match interview was class…. It’s means so much to him playing for our club… The fans will back these boys massively as they are all living our dreams… 

So give it your all boys, we are right behind you 

8 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

Whoever takes this job must utilise the young talent we have…

King, Rice, Lovelace, McCausland should play a part this season. All 4 are talented boys and their energy and enthusiasm are a breath of fresh air to us… McCauslands post match interview was class…. It’s means so much to him playing for our club… The fans will back these boys massively as they are all living our dreams… 

So give it your all boys, we are right behind you 

If anything 3 or 4 should get a chance every season, not that it’s even likely that one will make it on each attempt. But we will never know without trying.

I’d be giving Devine some time also, he’s not brilliant but he’s an easy squad option for the next 10 years.

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

The squad is littered with the same individuals who have let us down regardless of manager in the dugout verging on 5 to 8 seasons now bar one domestically 

If they want to see the Vitriol and criticisms die down then start delivering consistent league results and delivering trophies

I am not disagreeing with the sentiment with regard to the horrendous level of underachievement since 55. We have regressed to a criminal degree, those at the top of the Marble Staircase thinking 55 was job done rather than what should have been the start of a new era of Rangers dominance have fucked it up spectacularly. All I said was that, in the moment that we are in, given what has happened since the start of the season, then the much needed result today should give the squad a wee bit of relief from the relentless criticism that they have received and  deserved up to this point.

Unfortunately I get the impression from some of the posts on this thread that despite the result today, some on here believe the Rangers supporters at Paisley today should have booed and abused the team off the pitch today because of the performances and results of the previous weeks, how that would help the players and the incoming manager is beyond me.